Self Improvement Thread (My name is The Nomad and I want to be a better person)

the nomad

Banned
Sorry for any confusion, I was in the process of responding to a few posts and the thread was locked. 

http://niketalk.com/t/561783/welcome-back-nomad

I'm not sure why.

But I was going to use that post to share my story and hopefully it may help someone who found themselves taking the same path. 
Damn you married ol girl?
I have been married and I am also a father, I guess you can say I sort of had reasons for lying or omitting certain parts of my life for an online forum. Partly because I was/am going through a quarter life crisis so I was ashamed because so many NT'ers are young and live a single college lifestyle. I felt like they couldn't related to my problems of growing up poor and having a kid so young.  Also greatly because I been on NT for almost 7-8 years, and because of how I initially engaged with people on NT I thought that some members might try to expose me or cause my life discourse in some form. 

My wife and children are all that I have in a literal sense. I'm not close with my parents at all and my friends let me down in a way I felt was unforgivable back then. I lost a lot financially, physically and emotionally. I felt low and stupid. I felt like if people on NT hurt my private life and I lost my family in the process. I would not know how to go on living. I love them very much.

I'm sorry for lying about a few things, but if you lived my life sometimes lying is the only way to cope with the pain of facing the true reality that this world is harsh and cold.

I hope members that I have offended can see past that and we can start over. Niketalk means a lot to me. It came into my life at a time where I was making a transition from the streets to responsibilities and accountability. Wasn't a lot of people I could talk back then, or now for that matter. Especially when you come from where I come from and choose to change your life.

I'm telling you guys this because I don't want to have to lie anymore, I like connecting with people on here, I value the fact that complete faceless strangers can generate discussions, ideals and philosophies that transcends the online experiences we share and reaches our private offline lives.

Originally Posted by Keko Jones
Originally Posted by DoobyMiles

So you made a thread about a suicide attempt but you didn't try and kill yourself?

Not tryna flame, just looking for elucidation.

Just proved my point!

Thanks!

I'm complete lost as to how you came to that conclusion, but I would be happy to clear any confusion up.
Secondly, and sadly "Keko" you are trying to prove what point? Especially in situations where someone's life is at stake, what are you trying to prove and to who?

How do we know you're not lying now?

Why do you believe it to be that serious to warrant you lying in the first place?

So your married yet you posted this which is classic Nomad?
I've been seeing this female at the gym for almost a year and thought to myself "wow she's sexy". Yesterday, I seen her inside the Chinese restaurant and heard her speak, strike 1 (she sounded like Rocky Balboa). Then I decided to get close enough to introduce myself, she turns around and BAM, strike 2 her face was DERP status, like Ren and & Stimpy close ups.

Lesson learned? The grass isn't always greener.
Seems you still got issues to workout man. Trolling used to be an art and was funny(I was good at it) , but now some of yah just........different. Its not funny its more so just strange......

Bra, you ain't the only one in this world with problems. Get over yourself. We ALL have issues and NT is a great place to forget them. Nobody got time to be wiping your digital tears every other day. Grow a pair and solve your personal issues off line.

So your married yet you posted this which is classic Nomad?

Seems you still got issues to workout man. Trolling used to be an art and was funny(I was good at it) , but now some of yah just........different. Its not funny its more so just strange......
Yes married men find other women attractive. What's so wrong with that? What's wrong with introducing myself to a woman in my neighborhood when the opportunity presented itself?

Doesn't mean we're running off into the sunset together, just means she's hot and I'd like to say "hello". 

She knew who I was and felt the same way.

How does this somehow make me a bad person? Or a troll?

Yes married men find other women attractive. What's so wrong with that? What's wrong with introducing myself to a woman in my neighborhood when the opportunity presented itself?

Doesn't mean we're running off into the sunset together, just means she's hot and I'd like to say "hello". 

She knew who I was and felt the same way.

How does this somehow make me a bad person? Or a troll?
I've been seeing this female at the gym for almost a year and thought to myself "wow she's sexy". Yesterday, I seen her inside the Chinese restaurant and heard her speak, strike 1 (she sounded like Rocky Balboa). Then I decided to get close enough to introduce myself, she turns around and BAM, strike 2 her face was DERP status, like Ren and & Stimpy close ups.

Lesson learned? The grass isn't always greener.
You see a chick at your gym for over a year that you thought was sexy now all of a sudden you see her at a Chinese spot and shes ugly? Did you ever see her to begin with? You've told stories like this over and over and its deemed trolling because it is indeed, but its not even funny trolling...... its just odd....weird.....disturbing stuff.

Hope you become more comfortable with yourself to be completely honest. Not everyone will accept you, and that's ok. You just gotta learn to deal wit it and move forward.

Does your wife know about your hipster neighbor fantasy?

Oh yeah

**** I look like Gandhi? Every time I share a piece of myself and I'm HONEST I got one of these clowns hovering around me like gnats to trash cans in July.
I'm not angry ...just irritated, just to post a NORMAL day to day activity or event (like any other FORUM) I gotta be like King Kong and the Empire State is my **** swatting these d-riders with Gatling guns of sodium aimed at my very existence. It's tiring. Irritating.

I get money, have girlfriend and live life, DEAL WITH IT.

It says more about THEM than about me...deal with your issues, you suck as an individual if all you have to do is constantly sweat someones movements to catch them in a lie or ambush them in thread to prove they aren't who they say they are....YOU just suck are WHO YOU ARE and need a scapegoat to deflect your insecurities on.

Well I'm not that? Move out of your small town, get a job, pay for some high price dime piece P so you'll know what it feels like and get your mind right. Stop making me the target.

Last edited:
so was the ferrari a troll too
nerd.gif

Hope you become more comfortable with yourself to be completely honest. Not everyone will accept you, and that's ok. You just gotta learn to deal wit it and move forward.
Exactly, my therapist says if you try to convince people of your realness they will naturally resist not because of your character but because of theirs. 

A long time, she's the best thing that ever happened to me, even when I complain, and she does look like Jennifer Lawrence 
laugh.gif

Don't cheat. Even mentally. It pisses God off. Try working more on cultivating the relationships you already have and less on creating new ones. Every (straight) married man has the same struggle. Me included. And chicks diggg me. Its a daily battle. ( smh... efff me and my handsome life )

Last edited:
Secondly, and sadly "Keko" you are trying to prove what point? Especially in situations where someone's life is at stake, what are you trying to prove and to who?
That you shouldn't be sharing so much of your personal life in NT or any message board for that matter.

I said, when dudes are salty or want to be funny, they'll take what you said as a joke or throw it back at your face.

Then dude said you made a post about suicide, but you said you didn't even tried. 

I believe he was about to go in on you, thus, the reason I said, proved my point!

Nothing against you - just hope you reserve stuff as people can be cold blooded!

Exactly, my therapist says if you try to convince people of your realness they will naturally resist not because of your character but because of theirs. 

...OR, more likely, those people think someone who's so pressed for random people on a sneaker forum to believe their outlandish stories and then get MAD when they don't must be either A.) A compulsive liar or B.) Bat-**** crazy. :lol:

That seems pretty logical to me.

?
Finding someone attractive is one thing, introducing yourself just so you can say hello because she is hot is another.

It's called respect for the person you are with, I guess you need help in getting better at that as well!

I didn't like you at first.

I take it back.  You're cool.  Welcome back.

Back
Top Bottom