Send a prayer for Sneakermanes father...

Sneakermane,

I'm sorry for the loss and I know the healing has already begun. People will tell you that time is a great healer, but you won't believe them. Rightnow, it doesn't feel like it's possible for the pain to go away. I didn't believe it either. People will tell you to be strong. There is nostrength in holding back tears when you are torn-up on the inside. If you love and lose someone, then let the tears flow.

I lost my cousin (Chad Backus aka Chad Da Barber) a week after my brothers wedding during this summer. Wedding was on a Saturday and he was gone that nextSunday. He was 3 minutes from being home and from where he grew up at, about 1 minute away from the high school he graduated from and where he meet his wife, 2minutes away from the first barbershop that he cut hair at. It was a spot that he passed by probably everyday for the past 15 - 20 years. It's crazylooking at him smiling in the wedding pics. Posing in front of the Bentley, an ear to ear grin. The pics were sooo nice we used some in his funeral program. Tosay it is ironic would be an understatement.

I lost my father in law in September. He was in relatively good health but died suddenly from a heart attack. It pained me seeing my wife in that much pain andknowing that there were NO words I could say or nothing I could do to make it better. There is no Hallmark card or flower arrangement that makes it better. Hehad retired a few years ago and he and my mother in law were getting ready to enjoy retirement and travel and get a house in the south. She really felt likelife cheated her. My wife and mother-in-law don't want to celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas. I can't blame them. It doesn't feel right tocelebrate when someone that should be there isn't there. His birthday was on Nov. 14th, it was a tough day. Hmmm ....what words come to mind....grief,irony, unfair

I lost my Mother right before christmas.....when I was 14 and lost my Father when I was 18. I had the support of my family, but I had to find my way in lifewithout the guidance that others are blessed with. I made it and those events made me who I am. Those tragedies shaped me.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that we never are ready to say goodbye to someone. We always picture the day we die or the day we lose somone as aday far in the future. We often write off today because we figure we can always get it right the next day, or the next week, or the next month, or the nextyear. Instead of treating everyday like a suprise gift we treat it like it's a given, like an item that we have an infinite amount of. It doesn'tmatter if we lose our parents or loved ones when we are 5 years old, 15 years old, or 50 years old. It hurts like hell and it's out of our control. We canonly take it day by day.

In Celebration of Your Father's Life,

Realstar1

Realstar1

Your words are appreciated...and my thoughts go out to your family also. Thanks bro!

Back
Top Bottom