September Wrestling Thread 2021

Per Fightful Select regarding Adam Cole’s contract status.

“A major WWE contract was expiring recently in that of former NXT Champion Adam Cole.
Wrestling Inc reported that Cole's deal is up after Summerslam However, we've learned there was a whole lot more to that than just a contract expiring. There was an assumption internally that Cole's WWE contract expired in December, but WWE sources have reached out and noted that they became aware that the deal was actually up in early July. Despite that, we're told that Adam Cole expressed to WWE that he was willing to work through Summerslam weekend and re-evaluate things. WWE sources put over Cole for being open to doing that as opposed to just appearing on another program without any notice by WWE.
There was once word within WWE that Cole had actually signed a new deal when the USA Network agreement came to be, but that was not the case, despite the internal rumors.”

Last edited:
Sorry for not getting the new thread up sooner NTWT. Been a long weekend but we're here.

I’m actually interested in seeing how this plays out. If Cole goes to AEW, the rest of UE will probably follow him. Not sure how H would fill that void in NXT.

I’m actually interested in seeing how this plays out. If Cole goes to AEW, the rest of UE will probably follow him. Not sure how H would fill that void in NXT.

There's only one answer.

WhimsicalImpossibleAnnashummingbird-max-1mb.gif

Seems like a cool dude. Addresses the famous bouncer story :lol:

Last edited:
i doubt they let that dwarf go.

didnt they just punish killer kross for having a backstage altercation with him?

a guy like cole you have to know your ceiling is done in wwe because your too small but on the other hand nobody pays like the wwe but then again wwe be cutting people like crazy these days

I can’t see Cole getting the actual shot to be a main event player on Raw or SD. Vince will take chance on the bigger guys before he would allow Cole a title shot. I’m sure the money is good but if Kahn is telling him to his face or through Britt “We would put the title on you” i don’t see how he stays in NXT. Him leaving wouldn’t change much imo for NXT they develop guys well enough it feels there’s at least two option on stand by whenever they need to call an audible.

I think HHH will try his hardest to keep him, but I imagine being with more of his friends and GF in AEW is appealing to Cole.

Money talks though.

So, hearing him explain how the ads work with these companies was interesting; especially the notices WCW/NWA got in the past from Turner.

So whether or not WWE "snitched" is irrelevant and simply a way for AEW-ites to shift blame, going forward I could see them being more careful with who/what they let on their shows.

Worth a Listen. (Anti-Cornette dudes, you can listen in silence like you usually do).

B Sox B Sox
Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee
Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
Bad Moon Rison Bad Moon Rison
degenerate423 degenerate423
Case Case
Peep Game Peep Game
King of Trash Style King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

So, hearing him explain how the ads work with these companies was interesting; especially the notices WCW/NWA got in the past from Turner.

So whether or not WWE "snitched" is irrelevant and simply a way for AEW-ites to shift blame, going forward I could see them being more careful with who/what they let on their shows.

Worth a Listen. (Anti-Cornette dudes, you can listen in silence like you usually do).

B Sox B Sox
Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee
Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
Bad Moon Rison Bad Moon Rison
degenerate423 degenerate423
Case Case
Peep Game Peep Game
King of Trash Style King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

Cornette is always appreciated wrestling wise.

i dont think cole would sniff a title in aew either

aew has too many guys in the title picture or will be in the picture soon.

omega
page
punk
danielson
andrade
miro
jericho
moxley
christian
mjf
tommy black

then you have the smaller popular guys who i can see being given the title based off popularity

darby allen
jumgle boy
sammy
orange cassidy
pac

they probably should create a light heavyweight belt

Yea, I agree.

To leave WWE because he would never get a World Title Opportunity, only to go to AEW wouldn't make much sense to me.

I think him not getting one in AEW would probably be MORE frustrating since he is of SIMILAR size/skill as those already in AEW.

Him not getting one in WWE is a matter of him just having to accept that reality.

Cole better stay in WWE so he can make that money..He'd have to have Antonio Conn give him a contract that lets him compete in 5 other promotions at the same time in order for him to make WWE-money..

• For whatever it’s worth, PW Insider says Vince McMahon and Bray Wyatt’s relationship “ran very hot and cold at times” and Nick Khan has been given the ability to run things more than anyone ever before and that could be why there wasn’t pushback to this move.
  • Fightful Select, meanwhile, says they were told the creative team was informed Wyatt was “getting protective of his character” after what he saw were poor creative decisions and ideas but added the caveat that many members of said creative team didn’t actually talk to Wyatt himself and “weren’t sure if it was hearsay.”
  • Lastly, Fightful says morale in the WWE locker room took a big hit from this and some veterans no longer feel their jobs are safe anymore.
  • On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said that he was told Natalya will be back from her surgery much sooner than people think.
  • He also said that not only will Hangman Page not be in the main event of All Out, he likely won’t be on the show at all.

Back
Top Bottom