December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

#SportsLikePresentation

Just finished Episode #1 of the ROH Pure TOurnament, man if you like wrestling presented as a SERIOUS competition between athletes, I suggest you watch this.

Nothing insulting to the audience.

The lack of fans doesn't take away from the experience.

You won't feel like you wasted your time.

Again, if this is what YOU want from YOUR wrestling, this is for you.

Jay Lethal vs. Dalton Castle; Jonathan Gresham vs. Yuta Wheeler

Screenshot (245).png
Screenshot (244).png
Screenshot (243).png
Screenshot (242).png
Screenshot (241).png
Screenshot (240).png
Screenshot (239).png
Bro this is great. Easily the best wrestling on tv. No frills and the rules are legit.
The wrestler profiles before the matches Is a #HighIQ move because as Jim Crownette says the audience HAS to know who they’re cheering for and why.
I clicked the link and started watching from week 2. Didn’t know week 1 was still streaming.

What are your thoughts on Octopus’ knee smashing Finisher?

Also, David Findlay has to do 1,000 squats on his first day of training in Japan?? That’s nuts !!

Is Rocky to Shamrock the GOAT chair shot?
F03F887E-78B7-4F31-A4BA-88DC07ACA9A6.gif

What are your thoughts on Octopus’ knee smashing Finisher?
It was DIFFERENT. I was going to bring it up but didn't know if anyone else had watched. I liked seeing a non STRETCHING hold cause someone to tap out. Nice touch.

But yea, overall this is what AEW promised their fans, not the Sports Entertainment foolishness they are currently on.

But, that is what sells on major network TV so I understand.

#469 is the 1st Episode of the Tournament

This has been the Roman I've wanted to see for a while. He looks comfortable and more important believable to me. I hope they really go with this even past Mania and whenever the crowd gets back. I don't think they need to try and get him back to that babyface role but just let him be this and let him have controls and tweak things here and there over time. I haven't hit mute on TV since him and Paulie linked up.

SD again just showing why it's the better show. I have enjoyed SD, NXT, and Dynamite so much. Raw just has lost me. I don't miss sitting down and watching that slop. I am enjoying the complaints on Twitter and hearing LaGreca rant on Busted Open :lol: tho.

This has been the Roman I've wanted to see for a while. He looks comfortable and more important believable to me. I hope they really go with this even past Mania and whenever the crowd gets back. I don't think they need to try and get him back to that babyface role but just let him be this and let him have controls and tweak things here and there over time. I haven't hit mute on TV since him and Paulie linked up.

SD again just showing why it's the better show. I have enjoyed SD, NXT, and Dynamite so much. Raw just has lost me. I don't miss sitting down and watching that slop. I am enjoying the complaints on Twitter and hearing LaGreca rant on Busted Open :lol: tho.

On Raw if it’s not Hurt Business, it’s pretty easy to change the channel. You’re definitely right about Roman. Somebody finally got word that he’s Kevin Nash/Batista instead of Rock/Cena, and it’s doing wonders for him.

#SportsLikePresentation

Just finished Episode #1 of the ROH Pure TOurnament, man if you like wrestling presented as a SERIOUS competition between athletes, I suggest you watch this.

Nothing insulting to the audience.

The lack of fans doesn't take away from the experience.

You won't feel like you wasted your time.

Again, if this is what YOU want from YOUR wrestling, this is for you.

Jay Lethal vs. Dalton Castle; Jonathan Gresham vs. Yuta Wheeler

Screenshot (245).png
Screenshot (244).png
Screenshot (243).png
Screenshot (242).png
Screenshot (241).png
Screenshot (240).png
Screenshot (239).png

Throughly enjoyed this... keep posting these for sure.

Unfortunately I think I gave all my CC stuff to goodwill a long time ago. Still got several Phat Farm and Mecca pieces though. May even have some Walker Wear if I dig hard enough. :lol:
I got a pair of Skidz and a pair of OG Zubaz in my parents basement somewhere..Might have a bright blue pair of CC jeans too..

What was your favorite urban wear brand back then?
For me it was Mecca. Just liked their sweaters, so comfy. Macy’s always had the goods.
Enyce was pretty cool too

Probably a tossup between Mecca and Phat Farm. You're 10000% correct on the Mecca sweaters. Their jeans were pretty underrated too. Eastbay was actually a sleeper spot for some of those early streetwear brands. Got quite a few good deals from them.

Man the buildup for Roman Reigns' and Jey Uso's CoC match has been excellently executed. :pimp:You know the two of them are relishing this moment, especially Roman giving his Uce some shine.

this is one of the greatest display's of self-preservation ever. made me think of my hot mama banks:

ezgif-6-57120b834206.gif

I did feel bad for Bayley that night, but now I feel even worse that I didn't trust my snickerdoodles foresight :smh:

Man the buildup for Roman Reigns' and Jey Uso's CoC match has been excellently executed. :pimp:You know the two of them are relishing this moment, especially Roman giving his Uce some shine.

This just frustrates me.

This is SO good and WWE has the resources to do this regularly but they have decided this whole operation should be presentated as a JOKE.

They could be doing so much more as a whole man.

Vince gotta go man.

This just frustrates me.

This is SO good and WWE has the resources to do this regularly but they have decided this whole operation should be presentated as a JOKE.

They could be doing so much more as a whole man.

Vince gotta go man.
Yea this is what an actual wrestling show should be , no nonsense promos and actual meaningful segments leading to a ppv. I’m good on all that other stuff they consider entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom