SERIAL PODCAST - Adnan Granted a new Trial

dudes guilty as hell man. why doesn't get get pissed any time jay gets mentioned, he just shrugs it off like "oh well what can i do, its partially my fault." son if i didn't do something, esp. of this magnitude and this dude was lying his *** off puttin' me in jail, i'd be irate.. instead he's calm and collected never says anything about jay being wrong or anything of that nature.

You gotta consider the fact that he might very well have reacted exactly as you described for years...he's been in jail for 15 years.

Also, the response you're having to his tone is pretty understandable, but the opposite wouldn't really be getting him anywhere or making him friends either...honestly I doubt that his case would've been taken on by serial.

All things considered if you think he is guilty and trying to pull a con to convince people, I'd say he's probably doing as well as possible right now :lol: most people aren't going to consider small things like why isn't he madder at Jay, but will simply be thinking "do I think he's a murderer or he couldn't do that". Being vengeful and angry now would lead a lot of people to believe he could've been the same before, even if it's not fair at all.

I just binged every episode.

Two thoughts

Should he be in jail?
No. There is mountains of reasonable doubt, if anything this just illustrates how flawed the jury process is.

Do I believe Adnan did it?

2. I find it incredibly difficult to reconcile Adnan the incompetent yet somehow genius sociopath. The core of the story that Jay tells just seems contradictory, it requires Adnan to be incredibly cunning,calculating and manipulative one minute but exceedingly dumb the next.

Adnan is in such control of himself to conceal his allegedly burning rage towards Hae Lee to everyone around him but isn't in control enough to find a less ridiculous place to kill her. Enough emotional intelligence to know how to manipulate those around him but not enough to know that NOT paging/calling Hae Lee while she was missing would look bad. Arogent enough to think he could lie his way out of this and pin it on jay but not argoent enough to ignore his lawyer and do that on the stand. ect ect.

Last edited:
He didnt do it.

at first i thought he did but after much research and thinking..he was setup by jay

I don't know whether or not he actually did it, but I don't see at all how he was convicted.

I also don't think he did it because he doesn't show rage. You have to remember that she's selectively playing things, and at some point he probably just learned to accept it. He's spent half his life in jail. At some point you can't hold that fight in you or you'll go crazy.

Last edited:
I just binged every episode.

Two thoughts

Should he be in jail?
No. There is mountains of reasonable doubt, if anything this just illustrates how flawed the jury process is.

Do I believe Adnan did it?

2. I find it incredibly difficult to reconcile Adnan the incompetent yet somehow genius sociopath. The core of the story that Jay tells just seems contradictory, it requires Adnan to be incredibly cunning,calculating and manipulative one minute but exceedingly dumb the next.

Adnan is in such control of himself to conceal his allegedly burning rage towards Hae Lee to everyone around him but isn't in control enough to find a less ridiculous place to kill her. Enough emotional intelligence to know how to manipulate those around him but not enough to know that NOT paging/calling Hae Lee while she was missing would look bad. Arogent enough to think he could lie his way out of this and pin it on jay but not argoent enough to ignore his lawyer and do that on the stand. ect ect.

completely agree with your analysis here. it seems so out of his character right, to say things to the effect of "im gonna kill this B&*** and B*** got what she deserves", but he does so only with Jay? he confides in him all his deep dark sociopathic behavior that he managed to keep away from everyone else?

its insane to hear that the prosecutor for the state provided the key witness (and suspect) a lawyer for free. i dont have any legal training but seems a lot of people in the profession would agree.

I've listened to every episode so far. The show peaked with Episode 8.

I agree, it has cooled off the last few episodes but I enjoy it overall. Next episode is the season finale.

Few questions:

-Why was Don never a person of interest?
-Pretty much everyone has pegged Jay as the killer or an accomplice, but what could possibly be his motives?
-Is it really feasible to believe there was no forensic evidence at the scene of the crime or Hae's car? I know Adnan's fingerprints were over Hae's book but we knew he borrowed it a couple of times, but nothing else was found?

I agree, it has cooled off the last few episodes but I enjoy it overall. Next episode is the season finale.

Few questions:

-Why was Don never a person of interest?
-Pretty much everyone has pegged Jay as the killer or an accomplice, but what could possibly be his motives?
-Is it really feasible to believe there was no forensic evidence at the scene of the crime or Hae's car? I know Adnan's fingerprints were over Hae's book but we knew he borrowed it a couple of times, but nothing else was found?
- Don was a person of interest but he had an alibi that he was at work. Co-workers confirmed if I remember correctly.

-Only thing I can think of is there was something about Adnans threatening Jays girl and they got into it.

Final episode next week.
Any predictions?

I believe that HaeMin was going to tell Jay's gf about him cheat and he killed her.

No matter what, Jay was in on it since he knew where the car was.

Just finished it. Slowed down towards the end with her repeating a few things. Overall pretty good

Definitely catching next season.

Smart Asian girl possible gets murdered by her Muslim ex bf with the help of his drug dealer Black friend. Then the Muslim friend has a Hispanic lawyer that ends up stealing money from clients.
laugh.gif

I'm in the undecided camp still

I don't think dude is ever going to get out of jail tho

It was a wrap after they brought up the fact that dude didn't attempt to contact her once after she was reported missing.

To be fair, I think they also said that her boyfriend at the time, Don, didn't reach out either. This is very strange behavior for both of them. But at the end of the day this is going to stick with the jury.

Listened to episode 1 on the drive home late last night and it kept me awake the entire 1+ hour drive! I'm hooked.

on ep5 now
i think jay was a little more involved than he said, but do think adnan was involved in it.
but who knows, my mind could change from next episode

Last edited:
Adnan got an appeal

Adnan Syed -- whose '99 murder conviction was documented on the popular "Serial" podcast -- had a MAJOR development in his case Friday ... and now, the alleged murderer has a chance for freedom.

Syed petitioned for a chance to overturn the decision in January 2014 after it appeared his original lawyer never pursued a key witness ... who claimed to be with Adnan at the time he was allegedly mid-kill.

The witness -- named Asia McClain -- recently filed an affidavit claiming trial prosecutor Kevin Urick convinced her not to participate in the trial back in the day ... after she wrote an affidavit in 2000 establishing an alibi for Syed.  She claimed they were at the library together.

In the new affidavit, McClain wrote that after her interview with "Serial" producers she realized how important she was to the case and made the decision to once again step forward.

No comment from producers behind the podcast yet ... but Adnan's family friend Rabia Chaudry tweeted, "My heart is full.  Adnan gets a new appeal.  God is good."

The appeal will be heard in June.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3R7RD6SOv

Back
Top Bottom