Serious Question About Cats vs. Mice (And Other Rodents)

1. Before a rodent decides he is going to infest a house, does he already know if a cat lives in that house? Or do they have to actually SEE the cat to know, "This is not the house to mess with?"

2. Do cats ever lose the skill of mouse hunting? I know a few cats that haven't killed any mice in their life, do you think they still posses the skill? Is it natural or is this something their fathers teach them?

3. I am thinking of starting a side hustle called Rent-A-Cat. I will offer cat services to folks that have rodent issues. Yay or Na?

1.I would guess that they have to physically see it to know.
2.Every creature has a natural enemy so it seems to me that Cats know innately that they're supposed to body mice on sight.

I say nay. My gf used to have mice and the last thing we would do is rent a cat. A mutual hatred for cats is what brought us together.

So you don't think rodents can smell around the outside of a house that a cat already lives there? I thought rodents had a good sense of sniffs.

I know where you're going with this...

Homosexual cats without the proper father figure will not properly learn how to kill mice, therefore relying on their mother to train them, thus resulting in their lack of proper confidence and skill in killing.

Spot on yet again DC.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Homosexual cats without the proper father figure will not properly learn how to kill mice, therefore relying on their mother to train them, thus resulting in their lack of proper confidence and skill in killing.

Spot on yet again DC.
Yea something like it
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Spot on yet again DC.
DAMN!!! Beat me to it....lol

1.i dont know about the mice but i do know that cats can sense a mouse's presence via smell and or sound.

i have had several cats(not at the same time) and they all would always sit in front of openings such as a closet or the space between the dishwasher and the floor.

Eventually i have to end up chasing the damn cat trying to pry the dead rodent from its jaws or end up sweeping it off of the floor from a area he/she left it.
smh.gif

dont let them sit and play with their dead prey cause they might end up hiding it and the smell can get out of hand. (speaking from experience).

................................................2.Yeah but i dont think they lose their mice catching ability at least not until their senses start to go up on em.

cause i just got a new cat (R.i.p. Steve,Swizzy and Joey )and its like 3-5 years old and it weighs like 15-18 pounds an it just caught  a mouse the other day so if that overweight feline can do it than all cats can do it.

3. a cats father does not teach it anything they hit and leave.
laugh.gif

sorry bout da length y'all

Spot on yet again DC.
if this is really where he was going with it -- and i'll admit i've come to always suspect this with DCs posts -- then he's a fool for several reasons
laugh.gif

Spot on yet again DC.
CatWIG.jpg

Originally Posted by K0BEistheG0AT

Spot on yet again DC.
CatWIG.jpg

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Spot on yet again DC.
if this is really where he was going with it -- and i'll admit i've come to always suspect this with DCs posts -- then he's a fool for several reasons
laugh.gif
roll.gif
COme on man. You can't tell they were trying to "say what I am really trying to say."

I ain't THAT extreme
laugh.gif

Spot on yet again DC.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

But in nature, typical the mothers do all of work. In a pack of lions, the lioness does all the hunting and teaches the cubs.
If you take a captive animal such as a bear from the zoo and put it into the wild, it's gonna struggle to survivor.

Back
Top Bottom