Serious Question! Meth usage amongst races other then caucassion.

ldj

I was just looking at a special on crystal meth, and they were talking about its usage and distribution. The main focal point was atlanta, ga. Now i spend a considerable amount of time there, so i know the ins and outs of the city. The special showed nothing of atlanta, and all 100+ ppl etc were all white. Im not foolish or nieve enough to actually think if you just ran into 1000 or so random ppl in atlanta that it would be 100% white ppl and not a single other race, not even in the background, in a city that is predominatetly black.

So i got to thinking and begin looking online for other races etc and there usage/selling of meth. If all the subjects topics etc you can find on the www, i was not able to find a single picture,stat,webpage or anything concerning meth usage/selling on any other race but white. So i guess what i am asking is have any of you guys seen/heard of any other race that messes with meth. Its weird considering you can put just about anything in a search bar and find a website etc about the topic, but not meth and any other race.

Not really sure what you're trying to figure out here, but yes, I personally know black people who have done/do meth. Suburban blacks, but still black. Upstate NY if that matters.

from my knowledge, whites do it the most and get in trouble for it the least..

i think this might go for many other drugs too.

1290708698_magic-chair.gif

You looking for more diversity in Meth Head community? 
laugh.gif

Its a "predominately white drug".

Hopefully it doesn't spread to other races and disappears from the white community as well.

I have heard some theories about the way that certain drugs affect different races based on biology, Black people being more prone to crack addiction for instance...how true it is, I'm not sure without further investigation but it does seem to have some merit.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

laugh.gif

Hopefully it doesn't spread to other races and disappears from the white community as well.

I have heard some theories about the way that certain drugs affect different races based on biology, Black people being more prone to crack addiction for instance...how true it is, I'm not sure without further investigation but it does seem to have some merit.

This is one of craziest statement I have heard. How about poor people are more prone to crack? Haha, at me coming out my momma belly wanting crack just because I am black.

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Not really sure what you're trying to figure out here, but yes, I personally know black people who have done/do meth. Suburban blacks, but still black. Upstate NY if that matters.

Not sure really, I guess what im trying to say with the way the mast majority of society is quick to promote the negativities of other races with images, miskewed and bias stats, is it really to farfect to think that meth usage among other races is at such a low percentage that it isnt even documented or recorded. Or so rare that it isnt even worthy enough to even put out to the general public. I mean just do a google search and look up % of blacks and meth usage, or images of black or asian usage as it relates to meth. It doesnt even come up with anything, that is it goes into other drugs or crime stats associated with other drugs but not meth.

Meth is pretty big in Hawaii, so there are a lot of pacific islanders and Asian Hawaiians hooked on ice. I knew some people who did it in high school and they were all either white or Asian.

Well to cook meth you need space. Most minorities live in or near big cities (Correct me if Im wrong). It may be more prevelant in the midwest or west because there's more space there. The odor of meth is very strong and doesnt go away easily. From what I understand most meth is cooked in Mexico then transported through the southwest and Texas and into Cali.

only thing i found was its apparently popular with gay men in ny, london, and australia...

maybe that info doesn't exist but im lazy and don't feel like super researching.

Originally Posted by RedMan

laugh.gif

This is one of craziest statement I have heard. How about poor people are more prone to crack? Haha, at me coming out my momma belly wanting crack just because I am black.

Nah, man that's not what I was implying. 
Its not that you come out of the womb wanting crack, or that white people come out the womb wanting meth. The theory implies that if a white person and a black person both use crack for the first time, the black person has a stronger chance of becoming addicted to it because of his or her genetics. Same thing for meth, white people are allegedly more prone to meth addiction because of its chemical composition and the way it affects their bodies.
I say that the theory sounds plausible because there are studies, which have shown that the genetics of Native-Americans make them more prone to alcoholism, as an ethnic group. It seems entirely feasible that similar circumstances could apply to different intoxicant usage amongst other "racial groups".

Ya dig?

The tolerance to alcohol is not equally distributed throughout the world's population, and genetics of alcohol dehydrogenase indicate resistance has arisen independently in different ethnic groups.[sup][2][/sup] People of European descent on average have a high alcohol tolerance and are less likely to develop alcoholism compared to Aboriginal Australians, Native Americans and some East Asian groups.

"We have identified two genes that protect against heavy drinking, and these are particularly prevalent among Asians," Li says. "We have shown that Native Americans, who have a high rate of alcoholism, do not have these protective genes. The one that is particularly effective is a mutation of the gene for the enzyme aldehyde dehydrogenase, which plays a major role in metabolizing alcohol.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Well to cook meth you need space. Most minorities live in or near big cities (Correct me if Im wrong). It may be more prevelant in the midwest or west because there's more space there. The odor of meth is very strong and doesnt go away easily. From what I understand most meth is cooked in Mexico then transported through the southwest and Texas and into Cali.

Well in this special it said atlanta, but when i got down and did research and viewed the backgrounds in the show, its apparent it is outside atlanta aka in the boonies outskirts. And upon research it shows that covington, ga and douglasville is one if not the biggest areas of usage/distribution in the u.s.

laugh.gif

only those who are quick to point out racism would interpret what he said that way

laugh.gif

Nah, man that's not what I was implying. 
Its not that you come out of the womb wanting crack, or that white people come out the womb wanting meth. The theory implies that if a white person and a black person both use crack for the first time, the black person has a stronger chance of becoming addicted to it because of his or her genetics. Same thing for meth, white people are allegedly more prone to meth addiction because of its chemical composition and the way it affects their bodies.
I say that the theory sounds plausible because there are studies, which have shown that the genetics of Native-Americans make them more prone to alcoholism, as an ethnic group. It seems entirely feasible that similar circumstances could apply to different intoxicant usage amongst other "racial groups".

Ya dig?

The tolerance to alcohol is not equally distributed throughout the world's population, and genetics of alcohol dehydrogenase indicate resistance has arisen independently in different ethnic groups.[sup][2][/sup] People of European descent on average have a high alcohol tolerance and are less likely to develop alcoholism compared to Aboriginal Australians, Native Americans and some East Asian groups.

I honestly think in my hearts of hearts that many of these drugs dieases etc are created and are targeted based on specific races, social status, income etc. Kinda like other elements of the world like religions, businesses, job placement, government entities, so on and so forth. I know many will feel like im comming across as a comspiracist. But i dont think it is a farfecthed idea, or outside the box to think this.

I hate to stereotype but most meth labs i've ever heard of have been in white rural communities.

Especially rural GA if they happened to focus on ATL.

Black people tend to get knocked on weed and crack.

Cocaine is more of a rich drug so...let the socioeconomics tell the story.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

I hate to stereotype but most meth labs i've ever heard of have been in white rural communities.

Most rock cocaine users are white..

Originally Posted by hitopsandflannel

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Most rock cocaine users are white..
Thats my point... 
laugh.gif

Cheap and easy: Poor

Expensive and rare: Rich

I know ppl are saying they know of plenty of other races etc that use/sell it etc. But i mean i cant (not to call ppl liars) possibly fathom that. I mean this special tried to divert the issue to atl, a city most outsiders know as a predominantly minority (blacks mostly followed by asian) city and couldnt even spin the story or find not a single sole thats a minority in a city that is well dominated by minorities, and on top of that could find one that uses/sell the stuff. Also as prevalent as meth is you would think that there would be some sort of stats, research, tracking on meth usage/selling in u.s. and amongst different races and income/social status. So i guess im saying is meth use/sell so one-sided, predominatly white that sell/usage in other races isnt even worth keeping a track/stats/images/ etc of?

I remember watching a documentary I think is called The City Addicted to Crystal Meth. Its about Fresno, CA and the usage of meth there. In the docu they the dealers dont even mess the urban because they will have a beef with the dudes already there. So, they move the lesser known places, like outside of ATL and such. There's no competition there and the demand is very high. Less comp. for the dealers means more money and less beef. Who are gonna run into in the states with worse meth problem? States like Oregon, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Arkansas all have low populations with big meth problems.

Originally Posted by LDJ

I honestly think in my hearts of hearts that many of these drugs dieases etc are created and are targeted based on specific races, social status, income etc. Kinda like other elements of the world like religions, businesses, job placement, government entities, so on and so forth. I know many will feel like im comming across as a comspiracist. But i dont think it is a farfecthed idea, or outside the box to think this.

I agree with you.
Some would label that "conspiracy theory" but those individuals would most likely be un(der)educated or ideologically biased. Most conspiracies are not theory, rather factual phenomena or well documented occurrences. 

History has shown time and time again that drugs/intoxicants have been used as deliberate agents of control by various organizations.

See the Opium Wars, European traders using alcohol to manipulate "Native Americans", CIA experimentation which actually gave birth to LSD, Hashish as a tool of societal pacification in the "North Africa" and "the Middle East", etc etc etc.

This has been going on forever. Only those blinded by "corporate patriotism" or uneducated on the subject refuse to see our government's current and historical involvement with these underhanded tactics. 

Back
Top Bottom