Serious Question. Vol. Something I've always wanted to know.

Has anyone ever won a contest/ giveaway done by a corporation? Like when on a box of sodas they ask you to enter a code online to see if you win something. Or one of those vacation giveaways in the mail where you submit your info and put it in a box. 
laugh.gif
 Or when taco bell, etc supposedly gives away TV's and xboxes. I never won the Toys-R-Us shopping spree that used to air on Nickelodeon back in the day. 
laugh.gif
 I'm trying to figure out if this is just a marketing gimmick. 

My mom won $1,000 at the Army A.A.F.E.S PX. But yea there are actually people who in lieu of regular work, are professional sweepstakes / free stuff contest winners, who just sign up for all types of free offers and contests, the link at the bottom of every receipt with the survey + chance to win money that nobody ever pays attention to. I saw a lady on tv who won over $125,000 in prizes on average for a period of a couple yrs. They showed her house and she had like 5 of everything. Can't find her but here is this

Never won and don't know anyone that has won. Probability is low though so not surprised.

I knew a dude back in the early 90's who won a hummer from Taco Bell.

When I was a kid I submitted a postcard to wb with the secret word ( Saturday morning cartoons) and won a pokedex. It arrived like a 9 months later. My dad was like you got mail? I was ecstatic when I saw the WB logo. I mean I was like 13 at the time.

Remember when Scottie Pippen had juiceboxes? I just remembered I won an autographed poster from them. (or they were giving them away or soem****) That was so sooooo long ago....

I just won the Foot Locker Hottest Month Sweepstakes. I'm supposed to win a free pair of kicks but everyone i talk to on the foot locker help line thinks im crazy.

Been a lucky couple of weeks for me. i won a few hundred dollars on a crap table in vegas and like 5 minutes ago i finally ordered me a pair of flight ones.

My dawg won some candy bar contest with Jerome Bettis on it but lost the wrapper he said....probably was lying though

When I was a kid, Cartoon Network used to have this sweepstakes where they would air fan art and if your art was aired you win 300 lbs of "crayola stuff". Mine got aired and my mom called in, they said my stuff would be there by the end of the week. I was outside at the end of the driveway waiting on that delivery truck for WEEKS. It never came
frown.gif
My buddy used to joke around saying I should be glad it never came because it was probably just 300 lbs worth of brown crayons and no one uses brown crayons.
laugh.gif

Notice in commercials they hit you with "many will enter, only one will win"  
laugh.gif
, they could at least raise the odds. Only thing I ever won was being caller 97 on Hot97 back when I was a freshmen in high school; never went and picked up the tickets for the comedy show though.

....i entered and won a Mortal Kombat coin-op arcade game. they sent me some sort of form to fill out and get notorized before they would ship it, but by the time my mom took me it was too late to turn it in.

I won a year supply of soap and a $100 gift card to an outdoors store by Irish Spring or Dove when I was in high school. I can't remember exactly which brand of soap it was. They sent a huge box full of the soap with the gift card.

Back
Top Bottom