serious questions what i wanna do with my future

sup nt, well i was just thinkin about what i wanna do with my future. i want to own my shoe store but the thing is i dont even know where to start or what ihave to do. i graduate high school last year and all i have been doin is working, kickin it wit my lady and slackin. i want to go to college but dont know whatclasses i should take for me to own and have a store. what classes should i choose? the reason i want to have my shoe store is because i love shoes and i livein SALT LAKE CITY, UT and we dont have ANY spots out here like they do in cali and other cities. but i know there some people in here that know how to getstarted or have they own store. like where would i get my shoes from? ( i would only want to sell nike basicly ) so if anybody wants to let me know or sometips on how it goes down, i would really appreciate it nt.

my bad for writing a book.

try to find a school that you can get a degree in entrepreneurship. possibly get a degree in marketing, something that would definitely help you in the runningof a business

You need a lot of money to begin with to start a shoe store.

i forgot the link to a bunch of interviews with the founders of all the biggest shoe stores in the nation...but if anybody could find it...it would be helpfulfor the op

you might be comfortable with a medium like this because you have an apparent affliction with shoes and its good you have a general idea but you need to sitdown with a professional counselor at a school with this to make sure you get into something with a 100% passion i used to want to be a neurosurgeon then apharmacist now im stick with computer technology cause the variety of career options, job security, and flexibility of what i can do with it. not tryna knockyour hustle but just consider alot when making big life changing decisions cause you dont wanna get in something which can ruin you easily withouth theoppurtunity to bounce back with a back up plan. hmu for advice imma troll but in real life im good at this kinda stuff more than meets the eye
wink.gif

when you go to college it's not like all of your classes are directed towards your shoe store goal. colleges have general education requirements to fulfill(e.g. math, science, history). if you want to own a store, it's not going to be easy. especially if you want to sell nike, because i've heard it is noteasy to get a nike account, especially if you are a small store. if you go to college you will have people to ask to advise you about classes to take.

theres probably a reason why there arent any specialty sneaker stores in your area....no market. starting a new business with no market to support it isnt agood idea.

I wouldn't get into the shoe business if I was you. Its good to know that you have a goal and I'm sure we all had our goals when we was your age, butdid some of the goals happen? Nope...so I'm saying is go to school and do your thing, but don't lose focus on what you really want to do and everythingwill fall into place.

Start by going to college. Get your GEs done. (that's general education) Look into business majors (I suggest business management) and STUDY STUDY STUDY.Sneaker wise? Make connects. Call people, e-mail people. It doesn't matter who, just start somewhere. Ask questions. How much is wholesale? How much willyou have to order? Are you going to lease a place? Are you going to buy property for your shop? Where can you have your shop? Learn retail. Research Nikeretail. Research the licenses you need.

Bottom line...

Get. In. School.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

dam, makes me kinda wanna change my mind because i have alot of people tell me to that they never ended up doin what they wanted. but for realz i gonna go tocollege in may.
good lookin out everybody on the info really appreciate it homies.
smile.gif

if you want to sell shoes and have good bzness.. Cali n NY would be nice.. but it will cost too much for you to open a shop if anything since you just gradlast year.

By all means you need to save your money.. alot of money first.

If you really want to own your own business, there is nothing better than real-life experience.

Go to college, get a respectable degree, and then go out and join the workforce. Get a feel for what a professional workplace is like, and don't startconsidering owning your own business until you manage people of your own.

After you've had a taste of real responsibility without the possibility of capsizing your financial and professional future, re-evaluate your decision towork for yourself, and proceed with caution.

One word of advice, though. NEVER START A BUSINESS ON BORROWED MONEY. It is better to start small and control less risk. This way your business grows as themarket lets it, and your assets never become disproportionate to your risk. This is assuming you want to offer a product as opposed to a service.

i dig that idea..since 5th grade ive always wanted to work for Nike/Jordan...right now the way my personal life is goin thats just a distant dream...BUT i havea hook up..might put it to use this summer...

just venting lol

Back
Top Bottom