Seriously. African American athletes. What the heck.

It seems like every other day an athlete is getting arrested, charged or embarrased and 99% of them happens to be African American! Whats going on?
4/1 (Today) - Cleveland Browns nose tackle Shaun Rodgers was arrested Thursday at Hopkins International Airport for carrying a loaded gun in his carry-on luggage.

3/29 - Santonio Holmes hit with a civil suit 

3/27 - Joey Porter arrested on suspicion of drunk driving

3/26 - Gilbert Arenas sentenced

All of this in the last 5 days. Some of these athletes situations will probably pan out for them positively but dont you guys think this epidemic is getting ridiculous? Not to mention the recently exposed NBA stars.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am sooooo surprised that the sports media hasn't really blown the overall situation out of proportion like they did with Tiger & Vick....[/font]

^i think OP is talking about in the last week
laugh.gif
Floyd Landis's deal happened in like 2006
nerd.gif
Matt Jones was awhile ago as well

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^i think OP is talking about in the last week
laugh.gif
Floyd Landis's deal happened in like 2006
nerd.gif
Matt Jones was awhile ago as well

Yeah. I guess we could go 5 days vs 5 years.
Its all athletes. They get that sense of entitlement. Race doesn't matter when it comes to rich athletes acting the fool. 

1. Media was all on the Arena's story...rightfully so.

2. All the other guys are relatively unknown on your list, so of course the media wont really care.

3. This will not end well.

This post is not meant to start a race war...its just that everyday when i come home from work and turn on espn some next black athlete is in trouble and its got me not even knowing how to feel..like seriously, what the hell is wrong with these knuckleheads?

I do hope Scalabrine or somebody goes dumb upside a stripper's head or something this weekend. Just to balance things out...

Racist! Just kidding. I don't think it's about race. It's just athletes who get far too much attention and publicity in our society. Sometimes, they can't handle their booze or the riches. You get the idea.

4/1 (Today) - Cleveland Browns nose tackle Shaun Rodgers was arrested Thursday at Hopkins International Airport for carrying a loaded gun in his carry-on luggage.

Tells you how dumb they are really.

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

It seems like every other day an athlete is getting arrested, charged or embarrased and 99% of them happens to be African American! Whats going on?
Does it have anything to do with the percentage of black athletes compared to other colors?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Joey Porter has been cleared, so has Santonio ...

Like I said in my original post, some of their situations will end positively and I'm happy those are resolved. I know that things happen but why let it escalate in the first place? It just puzzles me as to why things have to even get to the point of arrests and lawsuits and having your name permanently attached to something negative..

philly035 wrote: Does it have anything to do with the percentage of black athletes compared to other colors? 
I dont know... it just seems to be a lot of petty stuff that can be avoided...stupidity in or around clubs, gun nonsense
smh.gif
like c'mon... 

Ive seen Antoine Walker's name a lot in the past week.

Originally Posted by Nash

yeah what the heck man, this is a gosh darn cottonpicking shame

Co-sign...

&

Black people in general are falling...
smh.gif

OP, I hear what your saying humbrah
frown.gif

Originally Posted by philly035

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Does it have anything to do with the percentage of black athletes compared to other colors?

this

Back
Top Bottom