Seriously, was Adam Lambert too..........gay?

For real I mean I was shocked like a lot of people that this dude lost. I didn't watch the show until the last week so I don't know who might'vedeserved to win or not, but I feel like something was up. I mean we all know America votes, and we all know HOW america votes, and we all know what part of thecountry makes up most of the voting for this show...........

so did America not want this guy to win because of outside circumstances? were they scared off by this dude?

serious discussion perhaps? don't know if this should be in music or general. whatever.

I agree. I think it still shows American hasn't evolved into being open-minded.

Lambert didn't win, IMO, because he's homosexual because he was clearly the more talented singer/artist.

Same thing happened to Clay Aiken though. It's nothing new.

Other than the title, the shows means nothing for the winner/runner up.

The ones with the most success didn't even win the show.

I do agree that Lambert lost because of his image, but he'll be fielding offers left and right.

Originally Posted by outbackbob24

The entire show is..... Gay

so I don't think it had anything to do with it.

says the man with Will Hung avy. . .

I just find it interesting, I think this show really does reflect how America feels, the types of people America wants to see succeed. Obviously both of themwill be big stars along with maybe some others from this season, but America still decides their "American Idol" and they didn't want it to beAdam.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

no...he was too alternative

black nailpolish
funky hair
yep. We have to remember who's voting here - teeny bopper girls with unlimited text plans. Kris is more mainstream America

Whatever. Winning ain't everything and I do wonder how much automated phone dialing happened here.

I'd be more than able to listen to a Kris album if he ends up being a Jason Mraz kinda artist. Just totally chill.

But Adam is a straight out star. Dude was on stage with Queen and Kiss and was not outshone.

Please tell me your girlfriends/wifes made you watch this show. She made me lol..... But I thought the dude with glasses should have won.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Whatever. Winning ain't everything and I do wonder how much automated phone dialing happened there.

I'd be more than able to listen to a Kris album if he ends up being a Jason Mraz kinda artist. Just totally chill.

But Adam is a straight out star. Dude was on stage with Queen and Kiss and was not outshone.

Originally Posted by onlyjays9P

Please tell me your girlfriends/wifes made you watch this show. She made me lol..... But I thought the dude with glasses should have won.

Talking bout Danny Gokey?

He was at least better than Kris.

Nah, my fiance didn't make me watch. My family, her and I have watched it every year since Season 2. Good time to all get together and stuff.

black nailpolish
funky hair
Yep ...

& we know that isn't a traditional 'American Idol' .

I hate this prejudiced world we live in ...

Originally Posted by Nawth21

black nailpolish
funky hair
yep. We have to remember who's voting here - teeny bopper girls with unlimited text plans. Kris is more mainstream America
I think this is wrong, the people who vote most are middle aged white women...not 100% on that but im pretty sure

I think Kris won because he played the piano and guitar, besides the fact that Adam can sing, he sounds the same everytime. It doesn't matter anyway,it's all about the artist's grind that will get them to the top. American Idol don't mean jack until you make something out of it... CheckDaugthry, as an example, dude wasn't even in the top two and he's further in the entertainment business than the rest of his collegues...

bryanne2210 wrote:
I think Kris won because he played the piano and guitar, besides the fact that Adam can sing, he sounds the same everytime. It doesn't matter anyway, it's all about the artist's grind that will get them to the top. American Idol don't mean jack until you make something out of it... Check Daugthry, as an example, dude wasn't even in the top two and he's further in the entertainment business than the rest of his collegues...

Really?

The same? What!?!?!?! Kris cant hit a high note ifhis life depended on it.

I get the point, the man can sing high !!! But did he come out and play with an instrument, NO and in my opinion, that is the factor why Kris won. He maynot sing as high as Adam but he came out with instruments..Besides, like I said, Idol don't mean @+%#, it's just one of the biggest door for them towalk right into stardom and it will all depend on their hustle..

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Kelly Clarkson has sold over 10.1 million albums in the United States...

Carrie Underwood is a multi-platinum selling recording artist and also a multiple Grammy award winner.

Please help me understand how the losers have had more success than the winners. Don't bring up a combined number of albums sold of all the losers combinedor some stupid @%+@ like that either...there's been like 8 winners and how many losers?

Originally Posted by JPZx

Carrie Underwood is a multi-platinum selling recording artist and also a multiple Grammy award winner.

Please help me understand how the losers have had more success than the winners. Don't bring up a combined number of albums sold of all the losers combined or some stupid @%+@ like that either...there's been like 8 winners and how many losers?

The only big one I can think of is Season 5...
Taylor Hicks won and sold 702,000 albums.
Chris Daughtry came in fourth and has sold over 5 million records.

But Daughtry still can't hold a candle (numbers-wise) to Clarkson or Underwood (even though they have multiple albums and years on him, so he could catchup).

Originally Posted by JPZx

Please help me understand how the losers have had more success than the winners. Don't bring up a combined number of albums sold of all the losers combined or some stupid @%+@ like that either...there's been like 8 winners and how many losers?
Jennifer Hudson, Clay Aiken, Chris Daughtry, Kelly Pickler, Tamyra Gray, George Huff, William Hung, Frenchie Davis...

I'll give you two, okay three if you include Fantasia, but the rest of the winners haven't really done much.

This is just to say exposure will take Adam a long way. Not like he wasn't already in some big productions to begin...

Back
Top Bottom