Seriously, why isn't Cam Newton getting the same, if not higher, praise as Tim Tebow?

Tebow has a bigger following. Even though I can't stand Tebow, leading his team to 15 points that late in the 4th quarter after looking horrible the whole game was really impressive.

Also, Newton has been playing since Week 1, while this was Tebow's first start, so automatically he gonna get more TV time especially with that comeback.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Tebow is a more polarizing figure. What half of fans are calling as praise, another half is calling hate.

This is exactly what it is.

It's also because the Tebow-hype was/did create a quarterback controversy in Denver.

And their skill sets are not the same.
laugh.gif

Uhh... first of all, Cam got his praise when he exploded outta the gates w/ two consecutive 400-yd passing games (mind you he lost both games). Secondly, isn't the first overall pick expected to perform well? Thirdly, his team is 2-5. No matter good you are individually, no one deserves praise if you're leading your team to a losing record. Lastly, Tebow was blasted, criticized and predicted to be a poor NFL QB before he even played a snap. So for one week, he showed he can lead his team, has a knack for winning and quieted his haters and detractors.

The real question is why isn't Andy Dalton (whose Bengals are 4-2) receiving ANY attention?

It's all about the intangibles, man.

Spoiler [+]
url

Originally Posted by AG 47

I think it's because Tebow has more passion, desire, and confidence.

You're dumb as hell....if Carolina defense was a little bit better they would probably be 4-3 right now ....cam has nothing to do w/ that defense

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

You're dumb as hell....if Carolina defense was a little bit better they would probably be 4-3 right now ....cam has nothing to do w/ that defense

Have you ever played football? Serious question.

His leadership abilities for starters > Cam Newton.

Some of you dudes act like nonchalantly sitting in the huddle/going trough the motions and showing your passion/desire/confidence to win has no effect on a team.

That stuff is infectious if it's natural.

Leave NT to make everything about race. Cam has been getting a TON of love. Tebow started his FIRST GAME THIS SEASON, so of course he's going to get more attention THIS week than Cam. However ALL SEASON LONG Cam has been getting slurped by the sporting media (rightfully so, he's killing it). You CAN'T be serious OP, seriously you can't. Log your bored **@ off.
BTW maybe it has something to do that Tebow is a far more polarizing figure than Cam? Tebow has went out of his way to be relevant one way or another. He has created this persona that intentionally sets him apart from the crowd. Cam really doesn't go out of his way for attention. I mean, you put it together people. It's not that hard, stop pointing to race every single time NT. It gets old, damn. 

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

Have you ever played football? Serious question.

His leadership abilities for starters > Cam Newton.

Some of you dudes act like nonchalantly sitting in the huddle/going trough the motions and showing your passion/desire/confidence to win has no effect on a team.

That stuff is infectious if it's natural.

roll.gif

you cant be serious...youve been blessed with that holy water too.

As a bronco fan/HUGE Tebow supporter, I agree. The amount of slurpage in sports the past 2 weeks of Tebow are getting annoying. Cam shoul be getting just as much attention.

When Tebow was the VERY first highlight SC showed all sunday/monday, I knew it was a wrap. smh

I swear, some of you guys must be on a totally different media cycle than the one I'm in, because the overwhelming majority of the Tebow coverage has been negative.

Attention =/= Praise

If your problem is the attention that he gets, versus the attention that Cam is getting, then that is a different argument. Still a silly argument, but a different argument.

Tebow has assumed the throne for ESPN that Favre once held and he will be in that position until they deem him unworthy.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

It's because he's black and Tebow's white.
Okay but seriously, I wanna know how you're surprised by this. You should know how the media works by now. Do I like it? Of course not. Newton definitely deserves more shine and I think it's just gonna take time until he and his team start winning.

This 

and religious people that go full
epic-win.jpg
derp-mode when he opens his mouth

AG 47 wrote:

HerpDerp.png

You guys watch too much ESPN. With the people I talk football with, we're always saying how Cam is beastin'. Hardly ever mention Tebow until now.

With anything, the majority of people talk about what is fresh in their mind. Cam has been doing this week in and week out now and compared to Tebow, it's old news.

So Cam was never on sportscenter after his 400 yard games? It's like you people view the world through blinders.

Yes, Tim Tebow got more love on sportcenter this week because he made his much anticipated first start and came back from 15 down in 4 minutes. Cam Newton won a game fairly comfortably and received comparable time to any other game that no one cared about on sportscenter.

The media will show what sells. Tim Tebow sells. If Cam Newton throws for 500 yards and 8 TDs, he will be all over sportscenter because that's what people will want to hear about. No one is sitting here tuning into sportscenter hoping they get to see a 5 minute segment on a 2-5 rookie quarterback. What kind of love do you want him to get?

Cam will get what airtime he deserves this year. There will be a segment on how much the Panthers improved under Cam from a 1 win season to probably a 6 win season. And that will be that because no one really cares how a quarterback whose thrown more interceptions than touchdowns performed unless he's in the playoffs. Acting like sportscenter hasn't repeated numerous time how remarkable Cam has been translating to the NFL. I watched Hodge himself eat crow numerous times during Cam's hot (I say fluke) streak.

Media money is blind, and to consider race as a factor is completely nonsensical.

the slurpage 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
i hope your not a Chiefs fan
30t6p3b.gif

The same reason why the Cowboys get more coverage than most NFL teams. They're not the best, but they're the most popular. Tebow is one of the most d-rode college football players of all time, his fan base is ridiculous. The more they cover him, the more Tebow nation is going to tune in.
....and his Dad didn't $*%!* him out for a car payment

Back
Top Bottom