Settling car accidents without involving insurance question.

Long story short, I almost got killed today when a dumb 17 year old broad was making a left turn looking to her right. Her dad was being irritating and was trying to nitpick things about me that he could use in case I filed a claim with insurance. But he's persisting that we settle it outside. Anyways, the auto shop said it'll cost about $2,000 for the damages, but how should I go about this? As in, should I ask for more money which I'm sure is what usually happens as I was put in a pretty !$*!%%# crazy situation. How much more should I ask for? Is it right to ask for more?

i would've reported it to insurance at the first possibility, she was completely at fault it sounds like.

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

i would've reported it to insurance at the first possibility, she was completely at fault it sounds like.

Insurance money.
pimp.gif

Best check I got was when this chick backed into me in a parking deck. She crashed into my car before I could even beep the horn.
laugh.gif

File property damage, make that broad pay for not being careful.

See a chiropractor, that @%* gets you aligned.

Always do Insurance. Don't listen to that man.

Originally Posted by cruzair13

File property damage, make that broad pay for not being careful.

See a chiropractor, that @%* gets you aligned.

Always do Insurance. Don't listen to that man.
pretty much

should I just file insurance claim, will I get more money this way? Her monthly is gonna skyrocket which sorta sucks being that young. More opinions would be appreciated.

I heard your rates can go up even though you're not at fault if you report. Not positive though as it's never happened to me.

2000?

usually settling car accidents w/o involving insurance is because the damage is less than 4-500.

for 2Gs, file a claim. maybe his idiot daughter will get her license taken away until she learns how to drive.

Your rates will go up as well, if you really want to settle it without insurance write out a contract stating the girls dad is willing to pay the bills to cover the damage, get a notary have her dad sign it in front of the notary, have the notary do their thing and put a seal on it. Now if her dad doesn't pay up you take him to court
smile.gif

^

I'll be going out of state in 20 days for school and won't have time for all that. Ahhh, she was cute though lololol flipping her hair and $+*! tryna get out.

Originally Posted by Jason23Richardson

^

I'll be going out of state in 20 days for school and won't have time for all that. Ahhh, she was cute though lololol flipping her hair and $+*! tryna get out.
Well then don't be a dumb kid, go to your insurance agent and tell them what happened.

I'd say go for insurance to be on the safe side. you pay it for a reason. If he waits to pay you or blows you off then what are you going to do? report an accident that happened a couple weeks ago?

plus i dont know where you are from, but in cali you only have a certain amount of days to report an accident over $750 because you need a police a report to go with the claim.

Originally Posted by kickstart

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

Insurance money.
pimp.gif

Best check I got was when this chick backed into me in a parking deck. She crashed into my car before I could even beep the horn.
laugh.gif

^that and that "dont listen to that man"
settlement money always 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jason23Richardson

^

Should've gave her the ol' "I'm sure we can work something out
wink.gif
" line then.  Your insurance will go up if you file a claim even if your not at fault, happened to me
30t6p3b.gif
, but I think it's the best way to settle it with the least amount of hassle.  It can get real messy if you don't involve insurance unless dude is willing to hand over $2000 no questions asked.  If you really want more money then you better see your doctor about that "neck pain" you've been experiencing after the accident...

Back
Top Bottom