Sharp Pain In Ankles...Can Anyone Relate? Vol. Hurts Batman

I'll be going to the doctors in a couple of days.

Backstory in cliffs:
- Ran a few miles on treadmill last night (Kobe 6s was what I wore)
- Took off shoes, sharp pain occured
- 24 hours later, pain is still pretty bad...Tough to walk on

Anyone have any ideas why, or experienced anything similar? In before RIP
smile.gif

Originally Posted by cbrooks3

ice?
There's no swelling.

It's on both feet if that matters. I'm just hoping it's because I haven't ran in a while since I got out of surgery a month ago.

I always get pain in my ankles and knees after i play basketball.
Not quick sharp pains though.
I haven't gone to the doctor at all for it
frown.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Don't do distance running in b-ball shoes.
Lesson learned...
laugh.gif

I've been off my feet as much as possible. Pain isn't as sharp, but it's still there.

Is it your achilles or your ankle? Because if you aren't wearing the right type of shoes for running a lot it can strain your achilles and that hurts a lot.

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

Is it your achilles or your ankle? Because if you aren't wearing the right type of shoes for running a lot it can strain your achilles and that hurts a lot.
My ankles. It's right below the ankle on the sides. I'll be going to physical therapy for my knee too on Friday - Hopefully she'll know something bout it.

Originally Posted by knightngale

are you a heavy person?

never jog with bball shoes
5'9 170.

I guess it was the shoes, but it definitely wasn't the first time I've done this. It's been a month since I've ran long semi vigorously due to recovery from surgery. I just hope it's nothing serious. Thanks guys.

Dude distance running in bball shoes ftml!!! Prob strained on of the minor muscles in the foot. Does it hurt during dorsiflexion or plantarflexion? When do you feel the pain?

Money87 wrote:
Dude distance running in bball shoes ftml!!! Prob strained on of the minor muscles in the foot. Does it hurt during dorsiflexion or plantarflexion? When do you feel the pain?
When I sit down (rest), and then get up, walk about 7 steps, it'll start to have some pain. Only occurs when I take and land steps.

Standing still, lifting weights...No pain.

If the pain is behind your leg and in your heel, it's achilles related. Trust me, since I partially tore mine last October.

Otherwise, if it's the side of your foot/ankle, it could be tendanitis.

Sorry to hear that LazyJ.

It just happened so quickly; instantly when I took off the shoes and put on the sandals. Hope it goes away soon, looking this up now.

If you need to run, use asics. Never run in bball shoes, since most of them are cupsole, ergo they have no flex and put strain on your foot.

laugh.gif
Thank you guys.

So I got it checked and they said the mechanics of my feet were fine. I should stay off of it for now (obviously) and hopefully it'll heal within the next few days.

Originally Posted by wanksta23

this has happened to me...a new pair of solid running shoes (asics) worked for me
30t6p3b.gif
I have running shoes
laugh.gif
, but I thought running shoes could be versatile enough and do the job just as well...Boy was I wrong.

Damn... Hope it heals soon bro. I've probably sprained both my ankles (bad) 3-4 times each, give or take 
laugh.gif

Definitely feels Batman.

Back
Top Bottom