******SHAVERS CHECK-IN******* Vol. which razors? GILLETTE FUSION?

So here's the deal... I'm trying to find which of two options is better (The catch of course is the price since I shave everyday):

1/ buy a huge pack of regular razors and rotate them
2/ buy a the premium ones and rotate them (thinking that they last longer and give you a closer shave)

I've been reading good reviews on the GILLETTE FUSION but I'd like to hear NT's take on it.

After-shave.....I'm getting ZIRH ERASE----read good reviews. Clears razor burns and limits in-grown hairs.

School me NT

On some real talk I get my girl to go steal Mach 3 blades for me.The price of razors is out of control so I can't even comment on the fusion. I bet 5 newheads are 30 bucks for that thing. I been thinkin bout buying that thing off the infomercial thats you supposed to put the blade in and it resharpens it. If itworked that would save loads of money.

Yeah the FUSION is mad expensive... Mach3 also. I thought of a way to get around it and pay <$15 for 8 of them at a time...which I think is reasonable.

If you're african american, I suggest magic shave, bump patrol and andis shapers...

otherwise, go with gillette fusion ... cheap single blade razors wont make a clean slice and the hair will pierce the skin.

just the price of cartriges are ridiculous

anyone got any ideas why they cost so much. now that I think more about it theres no reason at all they should be more than a dollar each

If you're african american, I suggest magic shave, bump patrol and andis shapers...

otherwise, go with gillette fusion ... cheap single blade razors wont make a clean slice and the hair will pierce the skin.

Originally Posted by Pushak513

anyone got any ideas why they cost so much. now that I think more about it theres no reason at all they should be more than a dollar each

The only thing I got is that it takes a lot of detailing to manufacture them... great attention to prevent them from rusting (basically maintain their shape)while they sit on the shelves..... but even then WHAT THE HELL???? Could you imagine what women have to go through?

Originally Posted by FaMs

i don't agree. all that seem unnecessary

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

The only thing I got is that it takes a lot of detailing to manufacture them... great attention to prevent them from rusting (basically maintain their shape) while they sit on the shelves..... but even then WHAT THE HELL???? Could you imagine what women have to go through?
women have nair or they wax every few months so they are good. Personally I use the cheap yellow disposable razors and I use some balm afterwords.If you shave everyday I would really think you should just buy electric clippers. Personally every man should have them. I think it cost less and is better onthe skin. Or get good with the old fashion long blade razor

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

The only thing I got is that it takes a lot of detailing to manufacture them... great attention to prevent them from rusting (basically maintain their shape) while they sit on the shelves..... but even then WHAT THE HELL???? Could you imagine what women have to go through?

I watched a episode of "how its made" it aint that hard. I think they just got a product they know we must have. I mean I guess you could walk aroundlookin all ZZ TOP if you wanted. If I ever got the spare money I'm gettin laser hair removal. never have to shave my again. How you like me now Gillette
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko 979

yeah but walking around with your face looking like a hairy neslte crunch is even more uneccessary.
african american razor bumps are more severe..when you're young with fine hair it's not neccessary but when you're in your twenties
it's very neccessary
sick.gif

i use a single blade razor..... only downfall is that you have to shave every day or every other day. pros= no razorbumps/burns/ingrowns.... cons=its easy ashell to cut yourself

That Zirh Erase stuff is very expensive, you'll have to give us an update on how it works.

If you keep any form of facial hair, I suggest you get a straight blade.

Pros:
-Blades are relatively cheap, depending on which you buy. I would think they come out to cheaper than cartridges
-A closer shave
-Better accuracy when shaping yourself up

Cons:
-Long learning curve

Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko 979

yeah but walking around with your face looking like a hairy neslte crunch is even more uneccessary.
african american razor bumps are more severe..when you're young with fine hair it's not neccessary but when you're in your twenties
it's very neccessary
sick.gif
fams, ive been using razors for years, and havent gotten a bump yet. *knocks on wood* i guess i'm just lucky.

Shaving makes my skin itch for days. I normally just use clippers with no attachment, 1/2, or a 1 guard.

I have the Fusion also. Expensive but works good.

use the womens "veet" joint to get a smooth shave.

buy your razor refills online (ebay) to save $$

I'd say use the fusion. Gillete sent me some package for my bday or some $$%%
laugh.gif
with a razor in it and it worked great, butt hey are mad expensive. Itried using a single blade once and I cut myself so many times. I just bought some Mac 3's though so I'll see how those are

Back
Top Bottom