Shawn Kemp, Gary Payton, George Karl on Best Damn tonight

eek.gif
didn't know this show still came on

hopefully someone puts in on youtube later

Thanks for the heads up; I'll definitely be watching.

Karl is currently in the NBA.
Payton has recently won a championship.
Kemp is trying to father a small army.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
I wonder if they'll talk about OKC?

Just finished watching it, Kemp looked in pretty good shape compared to when he was in the league last, he was easily my favourite player of the 90's to goalong with the Sonics as my favourite team.

Like Hannah said though if they move to OKC they better hurry up and retire those guys numbers before the season is over.

I didnt get so see the show but just reading the title brought back soooo many memories.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It was a great few segments. They didn't say much about the OKC deal, but they said they don't want to retire their numbers in another city (which willhappen for both). George has said in interviews on KJR multiple times he never wants to see the Sonics leave. I'm sure all those former players feel thesame way.

And seeing GP and Kemp together almost brought a tear to my eye. There was no greater thing in my life, sports-wise, than those two and the Sonics of themid-90s. There will never be anything comparable in the NBA and I'm just glad to have been there for all of it. The Mariners and Seahawks could both wintitles in the next year and it still wouldn't register as much as the joy I had when watching the Sonics back then.

those were the good ol days... watching this still gives me goosebumps

Can someone post it Youtube? Damn, I missed it. I hardly watch BDSSP nowadays, but this may bring me back.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

nerd.gif

they should name the community service award after him
laugh.gif

reall wish i could of saw, once shawn kemp came here to cleveland that when everything went downhill for him

once shawn kemp came here to cleveland that when everything went downhill for him
Nah, it was Cleveland. It was the NBA Lockout that did him in. His first season in C-Town, dude was an All-Star and led a young Cavs team to theplayoffs, with a rookie PG (Brevin Knight), rookie Center (Zydrunas Ilgauskas), and a rookie SF (Cedric Henderson) starting.

It's funny how the lockout claimed the careers of Vin Baker and Shawn Kemp, and these dudes were traded for each other via menage trois (Terell Brandonwent from C-Town to Milwaukee)

Kemp/Payton combo used to own the Rockets bad in the day. I hated this team with a passion.

Back
Top Bottom