shoes for prom

i need shoes for prom. my tux is black and red. Anybody have any suggestions on what shoes i should wear? any help is appreciated
happy.gif
happy.gif

I thought sneakers looked cool back when I was in school, but now, I think it's really tacky. Dress shoes look waaay better. Take my suggestion for whatit's worth.

Man let the man wear what he wants!!
Its Prom, wear what you want homie!!
Honestly one of my best memories at prom is looking back and remembering how i had like the freshest fit there.
I wore all black tux, gold tie and vest and Black/Gold Patent Leather 1s, damn i was fresh!

As fas as black n red, Black/Red XIs would be dope.
Dont wear sneakers that stand out too much and take attention off the suit (such as old love 1s)
I liked my fit cuz it was fresh n conservative, not tacky and flashy.

I also suggest getting some patent leather shoes, not any other type cuz then it dont look good.
Black/Red XVIs get a maybe, Playoff VIIIs get a no no.
Suede might be fresh too, i wanted to wear black/royal XVIIIs but my date was wearing gold so i picked the 1s.
Stealth XX3s might be alright, the thing i dont like about them is the contrast stitching (too flashy IMO).
Stealth XXs would be fresh!! (Dont try anything with the straps though, make sure they dont show, dont try anything stupid with them like tucking in the slacksin them or something like that (ive seen people do it w/ jeans and i just think why would you do that).
The low top 1s that came out about a year ago might not be so bad, plus they under retail so if ppl step on them its no big deal.

To sum it up, pick either Blk/Red XIs, or Stealth XXs. (These are your best bets)
Other than these maybe those low top 1s.

Edit: The blk/red XIXs might not be bad either, but they a little too bulky.

Originally Posted by FreshMoney15

Honestly one of my best memories at prom is looking back and remembering how i had like the freshest fit there.
I wore all black tux, gold tie and vest and Black/Gold Patent Leather 1s, damn i was fresh!

Dont wear sneakers that stand out too much and take attention off the suit (such as old love 1s)

I also suggest getting some patent leather shoes, not any other type cuz then it dont look good.
Suede might be fresh too, i wanted to wear black/royal XVIIIs but my date was wearing gold so i picked the 1s.
Stealth XX3s might be alright, the thing i dont like about them is the contrast stitching (too flashy IMO).
Stealth XXs would be fresh!! (Dont try anything with the straps though, make sure they dont show, dont try anything stupid with them like tucking in the slacks in them or something like that (ive seen people do it w/ jeans and i just think why would you do that).
The low top 1s that came out about a year ago might not be so bad, plus they under retail so if ppl step on them its no big deal.

To sum it up, pick either Blk/Red XIs, or Stealth XXs. (These are your best bets)

That sounds good and all but he did ask what to wear. You can't tell us to to let him wear what he wants when he is asking what to wear. We just gavesuggestions, the same way you gave suggestions. The only difference is we suggest going with dress shoes and you suggest sneakers. So just rememebr he said,"Anybody have any suggestions on what shoes i should wear?" He didn't specify whether he is consider sneakers, dress shoes or boots. He just saidrecommend a shoe and thats what we did.

Dress shoes...

Personally, I think its disrespectful to the 'tradition' of prom, as well as to your date, to wear anything else... just my opinion.

Edit - A fine selection from RFX45

IDK why people have so much hate for J's at prom. Mine is next week, my date is wearing a black and white dress with some J's, and i'm all black,white tie with the "Opening Day" 1's. Fresh ta death son.

No hate towards sneakers to prom. You'll just realize once you get a little older that it doesn't look as cool as you thought.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Stealth XXs would be fresh!! (Dont try anything with the straps though, make sure they dont show, dont try anything stupid with them like tucking in the slacks in them or something like that (ive seen people do it w/ jeans and i just think why would you do that).

That sounds good and all but he did ask what to wear. You can't tell us to to let him wear what he wants when he is asking what to wear. We just gave suggestions, the same way you gave suggestions. The only difference is we suggest going with dress shoes and you suggest sneakers. So just rememebr he said, "Anybody have any suggestions on what shoes i should wear?" He didn't specify whether he is consider sneakers, dress shoes or boots. He just said recommend a shoe and thats what we did.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

No hate towards sneakers to prom. You'll just realize once you get a little older that it doesn't look as cool as you thought.

thats realtalk

Well my prom is in a couple of weeks and i also been thinkin bout wearin J's....alot of people here say that I'm going to regret it but thats later inlife right know im young and i think since its "cool" i might do it and some of ya did it also because it was "cool" so more than likely Imight be rocking J's maybe one of my XX3's

I'd go with some black dress shoes, but I guess you could go with some XIs since that's one everyone seems to wear to proms.

don't wear sneakers that look like sneakers. wear somethin black/red, predominantly black patent. try some black patent AF1s.

i'm probably gettin some croc AF1s for my girl's prom

Dress shoes are the way forward, like sneakers may be your thing but it's not that much to ask to wear dress shoes for one day is it?

smh.gif

if you post this question in this forum, i think you already made your decision

I just saw these GenericMan "tuxman" shoe and I thought it's good for this occasion.

you weren't. really.

that fact is solidified by the fact that you, yourself are the one who recalls your fit being the 'freshest'.

to the thread starter.

do you self a favour and wear dress shoes.

if not for you, then for your date.

one night, one. she's asking for and wants to see her man to look dapper and cleaned up.

girl only has one prom and no matter what she says she'd rather you wore dress shoes.

Whoever thinks prom is a "formal" event, then you obviously haven't seen howprom goes on today. There's nothing formal about Soulja Boy or girls hacking their dresses(if you can even call them that) up and grinding on a dude'scrotch. Sure, the school might call it a formal event or put "formal event" on the ticket, but that's just a front.

Originally Posted by spacej23

Whoever thinks prom is a "formal" event, then you obviously haven't seen how prom goes on today. There's nothing formal about Soulja Boy or girls hacking their dresses(if you can even call them that) up and grinding on a dude's crotch. Sure, the school might call it a formal event or put "formal event" on the ticket, but that's just a front.
Either way, your friends see you in sneaker everyday. It's that one chance to look and play the part. If it really ins't a formal event, thenwhy even bother wearing a tux? Go ahead and wear the baggy or skin tight jeans, with XXL button down, Spizike with a matching fitted or whatever it is kidswear at high school "today." Nothing wrong with that but if you are trying to combine a tux with some sneakers, then I PERSONALLYbelieve it's not appropriate or doesn't look good. To each his own but the argument that it really isn't formal does not justify wearing sneakerswith a tux. If it isn't formal, don't wear a tux, simple as that. Plus your sneakers would match the outfit. Again, thats my PERSONALopinion, that's all.

Back
Top Bottom