Shoes with best traction - even on dusty floors

Which shoes have the best traction and what gives a shoe good traction? Will any shoes have good traction even on dusty floors?

A great question.

I don't think it's productive to call out shoes that people have good experiences with. It'll tell you the likelihood of having a similar experience, but it doesn't guarantee it. Like I played in the XVIII Low, and they have phenomenal traction. But that doesn't mean they will for everybody, on every court.

Generally, I think the material and the outsole pattern are probably the two biggest factors that affect traction. You want angled herringbone (I don't know if this is the right term), which is on most shoes, but again, it doesn't guarantee good or bad traction. Some Adidas shoes have flat herringbone and can get better traction than shoes with angled herringbone patterns.

I'm sure some shoes will have good traction on dusty floors, but shoes will pick up dust even if you don't play in them and just let them sit there.

For me, I'm constantly wiping my outsoles at the gym I play at, no matter what shoe I'm wearing. That's the only way I get good traction. I'm just thankful to have nice shoes and a free gym, so I'm content.

I haven't used the Hyperdunks on a dusty floor but I coached a couple kids that did and they used to slide A LOT if the court we played on wasn't swept.

As Deezy said above, some shoes with flat herringbone do get great traction.. for example the t-mac 3's. Those were actually the best shoes for traction for me IMO. Also, i thought 12's, 14's and kobe 1's had great traction as well. I didnt like hyperdunks grip alot , just my thoughts !

I've had the Jordan XIV's for quite some time, I've worn them outside and indoors and even after all the wear and tear the traction on these consistently holds up. I've had them for well over a year and have worn them thoroughly through, and they still have tons of traction left.

Nike flight Huarache basketball...
Nice traction pattern on front and rear or sole with deep grooves in the middle where potential dust can collect...

any jordan with herringbone. zoom zobe ivs are the best though. light very very very good traction. i've played in
a hideously dirty court this weekend using my beat zk4. it still felt really great and secure to move around.

Back
Top Bottom