Shoes with double-stacked zoom air?

Originally Posted by JoeBonnano

Zoom Uptempo 3.0? Designed for Manu? Really?

The only kicks I remember that had the name Uptempo, 3.0 and Zoom in them were the old Garnetts:
throwback-thursday-uptempo-3-1.jpg

However, I have no idea if these are the ones you are talking about... These were the precursor to the Garnett 3's (Air max 3), if I remember correctly... and a HUGE step up from the OG Garnetts, which I always felt were just thrown together...
Talking about the Zoom Uptempo 3.0:
Review
nike-air-uptempo-3-0-316490-111-y11000-july-fall-07.jpg

nike-air-uptempo-3-0-316490-141-y11000-july-fall-07.jpg

These had Double Stack Zoom in the heel.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

If youve ever read a post of mine you know I LOVE Full Zoom... but Double Stack....

Lawd... makes me want Double Stack House Slippers so I can always wear them. The XIX Pure Delight. Never a day or day after with foot fatigue with those. Im still lookin for the XIX SE East joints myself.... they have held their value over the years.
I agree, your feet NEVER get fatigued with double-stacked zoom!!!

The XIX SE's are the best shoes to ball in and I agree with Rockdeep, no fatigue and my XIX SE's have held up over the years......

3221386612_fb5cb9e5e3.jpg

the shoes in the front row, to the right, the team masterpiece, i believe had double stack, ALSO the ONLY JORDAN SHOE, not including the M4, withPOSITE....only in the heel

i think the "shoguns" had them too

the FP3 zoom is REALLY thick and gives a REALLY good bounce, can be found for a descent price on ebay

the GP IV had the same thick zoom liner, but it fits narrow, also cheap on ebay

and the lebron IV as people have mentioned, the THICKEST liner with ZOOM...it's the height of a belgium waffle....no lie....too bad it's soo heavy

all the shoes i mentioned can be found from 40-80$ from NDS to ds conditoins.

i suggest all three for that "zoom bounce" that we all love

Originally Posted by daaznfella

the FP3 zoom is REALLY thick and gives a REALLY good bounce, can be found for a descent price on ebay

and the lebron IV as people have mentioned, the THICKEST liner with ZOOM...it's the height of a belgium waffle....no lie....too bad it's soo heavy

Thanks man! I may try picking up the cheapest Lebron IV I can find and swapping the zoom insole into the Foamposite Lite. While not fond of doing this yourdescription as the IV carrying the THICKEST liner does have me curious.

^the only problem with that might be that the Lebron IV insole could be too thick to fit in the Foamposite Lite. it may cramp your foot

Originally Posted by bionic3

Thanks man! I may try picking up the cheapest Lebron IV I can find and swapping the zoom insole into the Foamposite Lite. While not fond of doing this your description as the IV carrying the THICKEST liner does have me curious.

lol... i tried to do that with my Lebron IIIs but it didnt felt right at all. Let us know how it turns out.

Oh man my E-Cues are soooo comfy for casual wear..I didn't even realize they had a full-length zoom insole.

And when I first took out the insoles of my Lebron IVs after I bought them, I was like HOLY CRAP its literally an inch and a quarter thick in the heel. Socushiony.

Wow, those Garnetts up there are a blast from the past. Straight fire. I'd cop a pair if they ever retroed

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by andfattoo

The OG royal foams were the first to have it. i dont think the retro have it though, .

Foam one/pro is a single layer full length unit.

mark 3:08...... the whole video is very informative as well.� I dont know if he was talking about the actually shoe is his hand or the OG that was released tothe public.

the FP3 zoom is REALLY thick and gives a REALLY good bounce,

Possibly the most 'springy' implementation of Zoom Air i've ever worn, although i've never worn the Lebron IV.
BTW: The FP3 is narrow, and the forefoot strap means it won't stretch. If you have wide feet, you may want to pass...
..i learned the hard way.

mark 3:08...... the whole video is very informative as well.� I dont know if he was talking about the actually shoe is his hand or the OG that was released to the public.

Heel on my OG Foam ones doesn't feel quite as springy/responsive as on some of the other double stack shoes mentioned here...
...but Nike may still have been tweaking the cushioning at that point. So i may well have been mistaken.

^I wouldnt know personally but i have heard from others that OG foams were more comfortable than the retro and that may be the reason why. Personally i thinkmy retro royal foams' cushioning is kind of stuff.

^I wouldnt know personally but i have heard from others that OG foams were more comfortable than the retro and that may be the reason why. Personally i think my retro royal foams' cushioning is kind of stuff.

It's possible, but people sometimes exaggerate the quality and comfort of OG shoes that have been retroed.

Does anyone know if the Zoom Tre -- which is the evolution of the Zoom E-Cue -- also features double-stacked zoom?

Design-wise, it's very similar but less "out there", so to speak.

I didn't know the E-Cue had double-stacked zoom air either, but that explains their awesome comfort. I'm surprised, though, given how low-to-the-groundthey are. I don't skate, BTW -- but they're great for biking around the city...

Originally Posted by Rick Kang

Does anyone know if the Zoom Tre -- which is the evolution of the Zoom E-Cue -- also features double-stacked zoom?

I didn't know the E-Cue had double-stacked zoom air either, but that explains their awesome comfort. I'm surprised, though, given how low-to-the-ground they are. I don't skate, BTW -- but they're great for biking around the city...
Found them here, with lots of other colors. Very Nice!

http://www.pickyourshoes....ble/nike_tre_blk_red.htm

Originally Posted by flyguy33

Only 1's I kno of are the XIX's are they are the most comfortable shoes I have worn to hoop in

+1. It was life changing, lol. The Bron III's were really nice too.

Originally Posted by bionic3

Originally Posted by Rick Kang

I didn't know the E-Cue had double-stacked zoom air either, but that explains their awesome comfort. I'm surprised, though, given how low-to-the-ground they are. I don't skate, BTW -- but they're great for biking around the city...
Found them here, with lots of other colors. Very Nice!

http://www.pickyourshoes....ble/nike_tre_blk_red.htm
here too...... i think these are new.....http://www.pickyourshoes....ike_tre_ad_ant_comet.htm

GP IV has full length zoom air insoles, i got one for cheap and love the comfort of the insoles

I haven't seen anything that says that the Tre has double stacked Zoom.

I mean I could be wrong, I'm just saying that I haven't seen any literature that supports that.

Back
Top Bottom