Shoot a cyclist: 4 months in jail Vol. Really?!?!

DonRafa

formerly rafsjays
Supporter
Kathey Kaye Rider of Asheville, North Carolina was sentenced to 20 years in prison for selling some of her prescription painkillers to undercover police officers.

Charles Diez, also of Asheville, will spend four months behind for shooting a cyclist in the head.

There's justice for you.

Diez, who worked as a firefighter, was upset when he saw Alan Simons riding on his bicycle with his four year old son buckled into a seat mounted on the back. Simon's wife was also riding along on her own bike. Diez pulled his truck over and confronted the Simons family, arguing that it was unsafe to travel on such a busy road with so young a child.

Logically, Diez then took his gun out of his truck and shot Mr. Simons in the head.

You know, to teach him to be safer.

Luckily the bullet only grazed Simon's head and became lodged in his helmet.

Diez was initially charged with first degree murder but a grand jury refused to press those charges, reducing it to a felony assault charge.

Superior Court Judge James Downs sentenced Diez to 15-27 months and suspended all but 120 days, citing his military record, positive employment history and good character as mitigating factors. Sentencing guidelines for his crime could have allowed for a sentence of up to 20-39 months. Diez is also required to pay $1,200 to cover the costs of Simons' medical bills and attend anger-management training.
I know the world isn't a fair place, but this is just galling. Some hotheaded jerkass shoots a guy in the freaking head and he won't spend more than a turn of a season behind bars.

source: http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/politics/blogs/shoot-a-cyclist-4-months-in-jail

wow, just wow
smh.gif

Complete injustice towards the victim of this shooting.

A public servant is more apt/worthy to catch a reduced sentence? His military service should have absolutely nothing to do with his sentence. Nor should hisemployment history.

That judge would have done things a lot differently had the shooting victim been a member of his family. Scumbag judge - no other way to put it.

selective justice ftl

american justice system = awesome
indifferent.gif

thats crazy but look at how much time pedophiles get. in he words of brother max "So 5th lettern disgusting"

Damn that's wild.

Luckily the dude ain't dead though.

I think that's why he skated off with very little time.

Originally Posted by sn00pee

the "war on drugs" is real..

Pretty much. My take is, if she's dumb enough to sell to UCs, she deserves to be in jail. Whether or not I agree with the sentence, she's dumb.

damn, i hope somebody shoots that dude in the head after his 4 months. and 20 years for the lady is outta control

That's pathetic. Assault charge!? Seriously? Dude tried to kill the man!!!

20 years for selling prescription pills is OD, unless she has had prior convictions of doing the same thing...

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!

Asheville
smh.gif

It's like San Francisco for country bumpkins.
tired.gif
DF!!!

Couldn't have put it better myself... 4 months for attempted murder and this chick is getting 20 for selling pain pills to some undercovers? You serious?
roll.gif
It's dudes I've known for years who push REAL drugs and theyget a year and some change and they're right back on the block... our judicial system is a +$#%%$$ joke...

Back
Top Bottom