Shooting at Columbia Mall in MD. 3 dead

^ A reporter for WBAL tv said his sources tell him the shooter was the ex of the female employee who was engaged to the other employee that was killed.

You think it's more plausible that he spent the night in the dressing room than have the shot gun concealed somehow within a heavy coat in the cold winter?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ive-updates-shooting-at-the-mall-in-columbia/

What we know and what we don't know

It has been nearly seven hours since a gunman opened fire inside a suburban mall. Here’s a rundown of what we know about today’s shooting and what we still don’t know.

What we know:

A man armed with a shotgun opened fire inside a Zumiez store on the Mall in Columbia’s upper level at around 11:15 a.m.

Two people were killed, both of them Zumiez employees: Brianna Benlolo, 21, of College Park; and Tyler Johnson, 25, of Ellicott City.

The two of them and the shooter were found dead from gunshot wounds when police arrived.

The shooter has not been identified yet, as police are still working to make sure the ammunition he had does not still pose any danger.
Police have not determined a motive yet.

The mall was cleared of everyone who was sheltered inside after the shooting shortly before 4:30 p.m.

Five people were taken to Howard County General Hospital. One had a gunshot wound to the foot, the other four suffered other non-gunshot-related injuries. All five were in good condition and were released shortly before 5:30 p.m.

The mall will remain closed at least through the night, police said. Detectives are examining the crime scene now.

What we still don’t know:

The identity and motive of the shooter. William J. McMahon, the Howard County police chief, addressed reports that the shooting was a domestic issue during a news conference this afternoon, emphasizing that these reports are all speculative and that nothing has been confirmed yet. So we don’t know yet who the shooter was, why he opened fire, why in this particular store or why these particular people.

Anything about the lives of the two Zumiez employees killed on Saturday.

When people who evacuated the mall will be able to retrieve their personal belongings, which include house keys and laptops.

When the mall will reopen, an issue that seems immaterial in the wake of a shooting but still matters to the employees of the mall’s 202 stores.

Last edited:
^ A reporter for WBAL tv said his sources tell him the shooter was the ex of the female employee who was engaged to the other employee that was killed.

You think it's more plausible that he spent the night in the dressing room than have the shot gun concealed somehow within a heavy coat in the cold winter?
nope. Degrees of plausibilty dont interest me as none of us know the truth. And again he didnt hafta spend the night. Jus arrive before the store opened. Or if he did hide it n his coat id imagine he arrived before the two he murdered... they had to know son was feelin some type a way... no way he walked by them n that tiny store with a shotty went to the dressing room and csme out bangin... if they still got shot this mighta been darwinsm

It's not that hard to conceal a shotgun, let alone during winter time.

Shooter could've easily tugged it into his coat. Visited the store --> gone to the dressing room --> loaded ammunition --> tugged back into coat --> walk up to the victims and shot them.

This is mall in the 'burbs, not some troubled school in the 'hood. Aint no one being checked for guns when they enter.

One doesn't need some super tactical well thought out plan to go ham and crazy in a mall.

I meant no disrespect, but the notion that he may have camped out in the dressing room overnight was just ridiculous...:lol:

Agree to disagree.

Its an upscale ish mall and large. It be pretty difficult to conceal a shotgun to that level... im trying to put my mossy 500 n my northface parka and theres no way this is as easy is u guys make it sound hah

Dog, Occams razor. Aint no agree to disagree here. Your hypothesis is just nonsensical.

It is as easy as it sounds. You could easily conceal a shotgun in any thick, longish coat.

In fact, that how those two degenerates responsible for the Columbine shootings were able to carry out their attack, and initially avoid suspicion and detection.

The dressing room hypothesis is even more outlandish when you take into account the frequency with which they are checked and cleaned.

I've worked retail, I know how dressing rooms work.

Aint no way dude is hiding in there overnight or for hours on end without being caught/arousing suspicion.

My neighbor told me the girl has a pic of a child on her FB page... I hope she didn't have a child now an orphan.

Condolences to all the families.

I have a 10 year old son my wife & I adore. I can't imagine losing him any which way or even being the parent of the shooter.

Agree to disagree.

Its an upscale ish mall and large. It be pretty difficult to conceal a shotgun to that level... im trying to put my mossy 500 n my northface parka and theres no way this is as easy is u guys make it sound hah

I had a homie walk 3 miles with a benelli m2 in his pants. And he only had on a Pelle. Considering this happened in a Zumiez I'm gonna say this wasnt a hood mall. Nobody would've batted an eye at some dude walking a little funny.

Pic of the girl from the NYDN...

article-baltimore-victim-125.jpg

Link

So sad....

Obviously don't want to jump to conclusions, but I'm leaning towards the idea that the shooter knew at least one of the victims.....Maybe not a "domestic" ordeal, but maybe some jealousy involved?

Going to be interesting to get all of the details as they come out.

RIP to the victims.

Colombine dudes were n trenches n concealed the guns for all of about 50 ft. Much different than walking by litterally hundreds of ppl in a busy mall...

Jus measured mine. Shade under 40 inches... mark that off on ur brrom and inagine tuckin in any kind of jacket... now imagine walking by hundreds of ppl that cant know its there.

He may have sawed one down i guess but still makes 0 sense... i see dudes printing carryin. 38s.

And then again so ur ex comes in all bundled up and u an the dude jus standin there chillin like this isnt all suspicious..

I need facts alrdy.

Colombine dudes were n trenches n concealed the guns for all of about 50 ft. Much different than walking by litterally hundreds of ppl in a busy mall...

Jus measured mine. Shade under 40 inches... mark that off on ur brrom and inagine tuckin in any kind of jacket... now imagine walking by hundreds of ppl that cant know its there.

He may have sawed one down i guess but still makes 0 sense... i see dudes printing carryin. 38s.

And then again so ur ex comes in all bundled up and u an the dude jus standin there chillin like this isnt all suspicious..

I need facts alrdy.

So what if it had a folding stock or was a sawed off? Nah, can't be, maybe he slept in the roof tiles overnight..

This is so tragic. What's even more scary is that it's following the trend of mass shootings happening six weeks apart.

September 16th, 2013 - Navy Yard shooting in DC
November 1st 2013 - TSA worker shot and killed in an airport
December 13, 2010 - Colorado HS shooting
January 25, 2014 - Mall shooting

I can't remember exactly where I read or heard it but someone made a point that terrible shootings like this are happening exactly six weeks apart. It might be coincidence, but these four examples are eyebrow raising.

It sad that people are settling matters with guns... it is a no win situation... smh...

Last edited:
Yeah, no way this idiot was hiding in the dressing room overnight. Maybe he went to the dressing room so when he came out he could shoot these people from behind, giving them no warning, no chance to duck for cover or something. If you're that down, off yourself. Taking innocent lives SMH.

mean.gif
 if that's her baby.

t62ywm.jpg

Last edited:
I used to be a Zumiez store manager. They're selling snowboards this time of year. They ship in long boxes and the individual boards come in a plastic sleeve with black backings. Would be real easy to conceal a gun in there and walk through the mall without anyone noticing. I doubt he snuck in there early or slept overnight. The shooting happening at 11:15 am so the store had been opened for at least an hour. I don't think he would have gone unnoticed. He probably would have been more noticeable by security trying to get in earlier because theres less people in the mall. I think it would be real easy to walk in with a concealed gun, go to the back to check his schedule and come out ready to fire.

I need facts alrdy.

Bruh, everyone knows the shotty goes down the pants leg. Then you hit that gangsta stride. The coat is only to hide the stock.

Back
Top Bottom