Shooting at DC Navy Yard - 12 Dead

The fact that my post was taken completely out of context just because I want to see what more sources have to say about this is crazy.

Apparently wanting more knowledge about what occurred and why is a bad thing. General has been full of clowns and reachers lately.

No it's because you said you are "waiting to pass judgement" insinuating that the gunmen could have possibly had a legitimate reason for perpetrating the act. The fact that you can't understand that is crazy.

That's disappointing. I just moved from the area three weeks ago. I did work at the Pentagon, Navy Yard and other sites in the NCR.

My old lady in the Navy was always at Nuclear Reactors in DC and the Yard.

People back home were hitting me up early in the AM about this.

:smh:

The fact that my post was taken completely out of context just because I want to see what more sources have to say about this is crazy.

Apparently wanting more knowledge about what occurred and why is a bad thing. General has been full of clowns and reachers lately.

No it's because you said you are "waiting to pass judgement" insinuating that the gunmen could have possibly had a legitimate reason for perpetrating the act. The fact that you can't understand that is crazy.

Pretty much.

COPS EVERYWHERE theres like 100 cops within every block near Nationals Park

What's crazy is that even with a supposed two other suspects at large, the Nats game is still going to be played (for now). Nats Park is a stones throw away from the Navy Yard.

Last edited:
For my DC fam what's the scene like downtown ?
Pretty calm acutally, I live and work right next to the FBI building and it's dead for the most part. Downtown DC is cool. The Navy Yard, however, is locked down. Every street that intersects with M is blocked. 

CNN reported that the Nats game will be canceled.

OK, good. Took them a while to make that call.

If those two suspects are still at large by tomorrow, I wonder what that's going to do for people who work or go to school in the city? I can imagine there will be a lot of telecommuting...

Shooting happened in my dad's building. I woke up late this morning to like 9 texts from him. I was fearing the worst as I keep reading and then I texted him back and tried to call him but he didn't pick up. He eventually texted me back and we been keeping in contact the last few hours. He left his keys in his office so he got to find a ride from his co worker. They still on lockdown so they haven't let them leave yet. MSNBC saying one of the shooters used a ID from a old employee. ID checks on military bases are so lazy especially to get on base. Used to joke about it all the time when I was in the Air Force but
mean.gif
Glad to hear he's ok man. I was in a similar situation where my grandpa had a flight on 9/11, so I know what that feeling of uncertainty is like. If he did in fact use an ID from an old employee 
mean.gif

Glad to hear he's ok man. I was in a similar situation where my grandpa had a flight on 9/11, so I know what that feeling of uncertainty is like. If he did in fact use an ID from an old employee :smh:

Man....keep thinking if something would have happen to him I wouldn't have even got any last words because I was sleeping in. Just talked to him on the phone though...he finally made it home. Thanks though NT. Call y'all family today and just let them know you thinking of them.

Aren't you the same cat that said he could understand what black people go through? Just had my last class, so I'll take the bait anyways.

Do I really need to state my condolences go out to the victims and their families? Always thought that was something that goes without saying, unless NT is just special like that. But don't speak on this as if you know anything more then what the limited number of articles are telling you. Article could have said "Middle-Eastern Gunmen Storm Military Base Killing Dozens" and you'd believe whatever the article told you whether it was right or wrong.

Waiting for the who, what, why, when, and multiple sources that have consistent information among their reports is the only way to get informed and accurate news on topics such as these.

Whole thread is getting derailed by wannabe-intellectual try hards.

Last edited:
Weird. I just watched DC Sniper on Saturday. Then this happens. 
eek.gif

nerd.gif

My brother used to work there too. 
mean.gif

RIP to all those who died. 

Aren't you the same cat that said he could understand what black people go through? Just had my last class, so I'll take the bait anyways.

How is this relevant? :lol:

Do I really need to state my condolences go out to the victims and their families? Always thought that was something that goes without saying, unless NT is just special like that. But don't speak on this as if you know anything more then what the limited number of articles are telling you. Article could have said "Middle-Eastern Gunmen Storm Military Base Killing Dozens" and you'd believe whatever the article told you whether it was right or wrong.

Waiting for the who, what, why, when, and multiple sources that have consistent information among their reports is the only way to get informed and accurate news on topics such as these.

Whole thread is getting derailed by wannabe-intellectual try hards.

You said "Would like to hear the motives of the shooter and details of the shooting before I begin to pass judgement" and you're trying to defend it.

Judgment was warranted as soon as the shooter began shooting numerous people in a public setting. What motive would have swayed your opinion one way or another? :rofl:

Gunman identified as Aaron Alexis:

original.jpg

More info on him:

Firearms charge in 2010

But a police report filed in September 2010 painted a different picture of Alexis.

Records show that he was arrested for discharging a firearm within a municipality.

Police were dispatched to the Oak Hills apartments about 6:40 p.m. Sept 4, 2010, on a report that someone had fired a shot through the floor and into the ceiling of a woman’s apartment, according to a Fort Worth police report.

The woman told police she had been sitting in a chair when she heard a loud pop and saw dust.

“She then saw that there was a hole in her floor just a couple of feet from where she was sitting while shredding papers and a hole in the ceiling,” the report states. “She told me that she believed someone had shot a bullet through her apartment.”

The woman told police that Alexis, her downstairs neighbor, did not come up to check on her after the shooting.

She said that Alexis had called police on her several times in the past for “being loud” but that police never heard anything and therefore, no action was taken.

“She said that several days ago Aaron confronted her in the parking lot about making too much noise,” the report states.

The woman told police that she was “terrified” of Alexis and felt the shooting was done intentionally.

Link

Smh man :smh: :smh: RIP to those innocent victims of this senseless bull**** the really sad, screwed up thing for me is that I figured this would happen sooner rather than later AGAIN in this country :smh: I wonder when enough is gonna be enough. He had an AR-15 and a glock. This is unbelievable, happened less than an hour after I drove through DC to work. Don't know what its gonna take.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom