Shooting at DC Navy Yard - 12 Dead

Another crazed shooter that has been under the influence of medication.

So, him hearing voices was before or after the medication?

In doing the background check, how does one have an oversight on his other weapons charges? Not saying that this incident was 100% avoidable, but I fail to see how he had a job as a contractor with his history.

Apparently, he has had mental issues for sometime, but just recently sought treatment from the VA. From what they are saying his issues were, they would be treat with Benzos. Benzos have side effects of "Blacking out".

Also, I find it interesting that the media has been head over heels wanting to show that he used was an AR15, but...

However, federal law enforcement sources told CNN Tuesday that authorities have recovered three weapons from the scene of the mass shooting, including one -- a shotgun -- that investigators believe Alexis brought in to the compound. The other two weapons, which sources say were handguns, may have been taken from guards at the Navy complex.

The sources, who have detailed knowledge of the investigation, cautioned that initial information that an AR-15 was used in the shootings may have been incorrect. It is believed that Alexis had rented an AR-15, but returned it before Monday morning's shootings. Authorities are still investigating precisely how many weapons Alexis had access to and when.

Regardless, the massacre pushed the AR-15 back into the gun-control debate. The weapon has been used in several other rampages that shocked the nation.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/17/us/ar-15-gun-debate/?hpt=hp_t1

Anything to push a political agenda. These people make me sick.

So, him hearing voices was before or after the medication?

In doing the background check, how does one have an oversight on his other weapons charges? Not saying that this incident was 100% avoidable, but I fail to see how he had a job as a contractor with his history.

I could be wrong, but I think the issue here is that he was never formely charged and convicted of any of those incidents.

Apparently, he has had mental issues for sometime, but just recently sought treatment from the VA. From what they are saying his issues were, they would be treat with Benzos. Benzos have side effects of "Blacking out".

...And that is why they should legalize the ganja, better that than blacking out from pills.

Semi-srs.

I could be wrong, but I think the issue here is that he was never formely charged and convicted of any of those incidents.

Yea...I saw two arrests, but nothing as far as charges.

*edit*

Forget the gun control argument for a second...the underlying issue in a lot of these mass shootings is mental health. Something is obviously not right with the system. THAT needs to be fixed.

Last edited:
This guy was able to get a top-secret clearance. They take months/years to adjudicate my basic secret or even public trust. PSO for federal agencies and bases are jacked up.

144206_5_.jpg
images

Newtown shooter
Dark Knight shooter
Virginia Tech shooter
_______ shooter

now this guy.

The whole mental health angle is becoming a common theme.

Newtown shooter
Dark Knight shooter
Virginia Tech shooter
_______ shooter

now this guy.

IMO people use the mental health angle so they don't have nd accept there are just some straight up evil people in this world. I mean who really wants to accept they live in a world where there's people, who aren't mentally ill, that want to kill mass amounts of innocent people?

IMO people use the mental health angle so they don't have nd accept there are just some straight up evil people in this world. I mean who really wants to accept they live in a world where there's people, who aren't mentally ill, that want to kill mass amounts of innocent people?

Believing that people are just "evil" is the same as believing in the devil. When people lack a clear understanding of something that frightens them, it's easy to just label it as "evil" similar to how they used to burn witches, or rituals of exorcism. These killers all have one thing in common which is egotism. They were devoted to their self centered and gratifying needs at the horrifying expense of others.... thus a mental issue.

Newtown shooter
Dark Knight shooter
Virginia Tech shooter
_______ shooter

now this guy.

People in denial. Who can't just let some things just be obvious, and who are always looking for some sort of "deeper answer".

There are ****** up people out here, point blank period. Some people need to stop looking for somethign to blame other than the person at fault.

Newtown shooter
Dark Knight shooter
Virginia Tech shooter
_______ shooter

now this guy.

People in denial. Who can't just let some things just be obvious, and who are always looking for some sort of "deeper answer".

There are ****** up people out here, point blank period. Some people need to stop looking for somethign to blame other than the person at fault.

yea... those psychologists and scientists need to quit doing all that research

Back
Top Bottom