Shooting Guards are supposed to be able to shoot right?

When you think of a player being a SG you imagine them being able to hit 3's and shoot at least 35% from that area. I just looked at D-Wade's stats and this year through 21 games he is 0-12 shooting 0%.
sick.gif

Wades never had a year where he was even shooting 35%, and this year he has been cutting back on taking 3's in general, and well he seems to be doing fine.
If a SG wants to shoot 3's, or if he wants to drive the ball, idc so long as he plays D and gets the points either way.

Wade can get whistles whenever he needs to score points. No need for 3 balls.

Should just give him his own ref whistle

12 threes all year? thats great for heat fans. Lebron not takin as many as well.

Why would they give the defense an out by shootin outside all the time anyway?

Wade on the block and mid-range is money though.

Please see Demar DeRozan for a much better example of a shooting guard who really can't shoot.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Wade on the block and mid-range is money though.

Please see Demar DeRozan for a much better example of a shooting guard who really can't shoot.

i really thought he would've came into this season being able to knock down the 3 ball consistently, but i was wrong
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Both Lebron and Wade have dialed down the 3's this season and rightfully so. They have a good number of designated shooters on that team...use them and stick to what you do best.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Both Lebron and Wade have dialed down the 3's this season and rightfully so. They have a good number of designated shooters on that team...use them and stick to what you do best.

this... if you have players that shoot a higher % of 3 pointers.... give the ball to them and let them do their job... miller, battier, chalmers, jones

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I always thought SGs were supposed to be the dynamic scorers on the team.

This...I know mj spoiled me as a kid. I remember NBA 95 I used to pick any team and just pass the ball to whoever the hell was the sg And try to run a muck. Mj definitely was best sg and was so dominant that i felt it was the norm I was about 7 btw. As i grew older I realized that there are prolific scorers from each position. And sg position only became that dominant position when Jordan came around.

He's always been a terrible 3 point shooter. The only time he should ever shoot a three is when the shot clock or game clock is at 1.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

this... if you have players that shoot a higher % of 3 pointers.... give the ball to them and let them do their job... miller, battier, chalmers, jones
Yup, I'm happy Wade has fell back on so many 3s for the team sake.

Back
Top Bottom