Shooting in San Francisco?

1 Dead, 5 Hurt In SF Tenderloin Drive-By Shooting
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS 5 / BCN) ―

San Francisco police were investigating a drive-by shooting Monday night in the Tenderloin neighborhood that left one person dead and five others wounded.

The shooting happened about 10:20 p.m. in the area of Turk and Taylor streets, according to police.

Police and fire crews at the scene indicated a woman was killed and five other victims were taken to the hospital to be treated for gunshot wounds.

Officers pursued a silver Mercedes sport utility vehicle across the Bay Bridge in connection with the case.

http://cbs5.com/crime/ten...al.shooting.2.942383.html

Five people shot in the Tenderloin, one dead
(02-23) 23:42 PST San Francisco -- Five people have been shot tonight in the Tenderloin and at least one person has died, police said.

The shooting occurred at 10:25 p.m. around Turk and Taylor streets. Police Lt. Lea Militello said a silver Mercedes SUV with no license plate was driving westbound on Turk from Taylor toward Jones when someone inside opened fire, striking five people. One woman was killed.

The other four victims were transported to San Francisco General Hospital. One of the victims ran from the location of the shooting to Golden Gate Avenue and Jones and collapsed there, Militello said.

Police cordoned off a large crime scene. A yellow tarp covered the body of the woman on Turk. The body was lying in the street in front of a parked minivan.

Police said the Mercedes fled across the Bay Bridge at speeds topping 100 mph. The Mercedes exited the freeway in Oakland and headed onto Webster Street, where police lost track of it.

Lise Tulau, a San Francisco resident, said the person who was killed was her sister's wife. Tulau said she received a call from her sister who believed the victim was an innocent bystander.

She described the victim as a woman in her early 30s who was "nice, pretty, educated and outgoing."

E-mail Marisa Lagos at mlagos@sfchronicle.com This version updates an earlier report in which police had said that six people had been shot.

Five people shot in the Tenderloin, one dead

Marisa Lagos, Chronicle Staff Writer

Monday, February 23, 2009
Print E-mail
deliciousdel.icio.us
diggDigg
technoratiTechnorati
redditReddit
facebookFacebook slashdotSlashdot
farkFark
newsvineNewsvine
googleGoogle Bookmarks
Yahoo! Buzz
Share Comments (26)
Georgia (default)
Verdana
Times New Roman
Arial
Font | Size:

(02-23) 23:42 PST San Francisco -- Five people have been shot tonight in the Tenderloin and at least one person has died, police said.
More Bay Area News

* Five people shot in the Tenderloin, one dead 02.23.09
* Boy, 10, dies after collapsing at Oakland school 02.23.09
* Rain helps, but it's just a drop in the bucket 02.23.09
* A piece of railroad history returns to Mt. Tam 02.23.09

The shooting occurred at 10:25 p.m. around Turk and Taylor streets. Police Lt. Lea Militello said a silver Mercedes SUV with no license plate was driving westbound on Turk from Taylor toward Jones when someone inside opened fire, striking five people. One woman was killed.

The other four victims were transported to San Francisco General Hospital. One of the victims ran from the location of the shooting to Golden Gate Avenue and Jones and collapsed there, Militello said.

Police cordoned off a large crime scene. A yellow tarp covered the body of the woman on Turk. The body was lying in the street in front of a parked minivan.

Police said the Mercedes fled across the Bay Bridge at speeds topping 100 mph. The Mercedes exited the freeway in Oakland and headed onto Webster Street, where police lost track of it.

Lise Tulau, a San Francisco resident, said the person who was killed was her sister's wife. Tulau said she received a call from her sister who believed the victim was an innocent bystander.

She described the victim as a woman in her early 30s who was "nice, pretty, educated and outgoing."
?

nerd.gif

r.i.p to the lady....it was probably drug related...turk and jones st. is like the the center for all the drugs in the city. You can go down there and copwhatever u need.

and those dudes dipped and shook um in Oakland...how the hell do you lose em like that...?

I never hear of drive bys no more and doing it in the TL isn't really the smartest place to do it since the police station is right there. Still....withthe camera systems in the city, they should be able to track this guy/girl down.

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

r.i.p to the lady....it was probably drug related...turk and jones st. is like the the center for all the drugs in the city. You can go down there and cop whatever u need.

and those dudes dipped and shook um in Oakland...how the hell do you lose em like that...?
believe me if you know the cuts in the town you can get away from 5-0 like its nothing.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Damn I use to kick it around there with my cousins on the "Wooo" block. Good thing I stopped.

Originally Posted by TOUCH MONEY

believe me if you know the cuts in the town you can get away from 5-0 like its nothing.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Co-Sign that one. Thas why the Bay Area isn't ever on COPS. Always gettin away.. I know this guy around my way, CHP won't even chase himcuz he knows
the cuts like the back of his hand. I still dont know how dude got across the bridge with cops behind him, and still got away.
smh.gif

#%!@ was right by Suite 181.

It was probably drug related tho.

I remember when I went to mission rock a long time ago and some dude drove up and shot at everybody.

We were all standing in line to go inside the club(if you ever been to Mission Rock yall know how it is outside) and some car drove by and just started dumpin.The cops were like down the street too. They dipped outta there in the quickness tho.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

I remember when I went to mission rock a long time ago and some dude drove up and shot at everybody.

We were all standing in line to go inside the club(if you ever been to Mission Rock yall know how it is outside) and some car drove by and just started dumpin. The cops were like down the street too. They dipped outta there in the quickness tho.
Damn I never went to Mission Rock with all that hype, I use to hear about this and citynights is where !*#% pop off.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

We were all standing in line to go inside the club(if you ever been to Mission Rock yall know how it is outside) and some car drove by and just started dumpin. The cops were like down the street too. They dipped outta there in the quickness tho.
Damn I never went to Mission Rock with all that hype, I use to hear about this and citynights is where !*#% pop off.
City nights is just a bunch of little *$!$*% standing outside the club when everybody gets out trying to start !@*#.
laugh.gif
Chillin in the parkinglots when it gets out.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

City nights is just a bunch of little *$!$*% standing outside the club when everybody gets out trying to start !@*#.
laugh.gif
Chillin in the parking lots when it gets out.
That's why I never went to Kiddy nights, I was suppose to go to Mission Rock in 05 but some dumb %!! bouncer said me and my boys cut so wejust said %*## it and bounced, but I heard it was the $#*% back then.

Back on topic: I noticed that the cops had that spot on lock for a while, but I guess the cops can only do so much.

That spot over there in the tenderloin is no joke. My dude lives over there

You just see bums sleeping on the sidewalk like 4 deep and you gotta step over them. Dudes smoking crack in public chillin like its 1988.
smh.gif

i wouldnt even advise walking through there in the day if you don't know anybody. Its like poliec just gave up dealing with that neighborhood

Originally Posted by Coogi Sweaters

That spot over there in the tenderloin is no joke. My dude lives over there

You just see bums sleeping on the sidewalk like 4 deep and you gotta step over them. Dudes smoking crack in public chillin like its 1988.
smh.gif

i wouldnt even advise walking through there in the day if you don't know anybody. Its like poliec just gave up dealing with that neighborhood
Yeah I only go there because I got fam over there and I use to live in Eddy and Jones so some older people recognize me still.

I find syringes there all the time when I am cruising there on my skateboard. People always give me that murked look but then I roll on by and they look at thenext dude. I still think Hunters Point and areas like that are way worse then the TL. I still feel somewhat safe there as apposed to other spots. I gave a bagof Doritos to some bum lady and she was super happy and so was her bum homeboys. There human but with some issues.....

Back
Top Bottom