Shopping for a Car soon...Car heads..ENTER!@#

Sups NT,

Well ill be looking into buying a car soon, USED of course. I want a coupe being that I'm a single 21 yr old. My limit is $10,000. I was hoping this car wouldn't be older than '06 also. And something that can be used all year round, in NYC weather cuz well..i live in NYC. I was looking into the Hyundai Tiburon, but idk. I don't know what makers are reliable n all that snazzy stuff. So help me out NT

Thanks in advance
pimp.gif

damn am i being that unrealistic?
frown.gif
. Well i didnt think i would get a 07 or newer for that price i guess lol. so i said 06. but idk much bout prices of cars, so thats why im asking here. But for example like i said i was looking at a Hyundai Tiburon...this one in particular, just kinda caught my eye while i was browsing online....

06 Hyundai Tiburon

But ill look into the ones posted also

I was in the same situation last year, go for a mazda 3, civic, corrolla, or altima.  A foreign car should be good in my opinion.  If you can drive manual its a plus (save a grand or so on car price and fuel economy).  I get a 2005 Mazda 3, love the car....although when buying used ABSOLUTELY get the car checked out by your mechanic first so you know what maintenance needs to be done in the future.  My car was in good condition, except that the car was not on the road for about a year so the handbrake was rusted (unexpected problem, rear wheels were dragging when driving just a bit).  Also check out the insurance obviously.
Take your time to buy, do not rush.  If you are hesitant about a decision do not buy, be sure of your choice.  10 grand can get you a very nice ride, have fun!

Yeah and I doubt you'd be able to find an accord coupe relatively new for 10 grand...good luck and hope this helps

You can cop you an 06 Nissan Altima for that price range. That's what I might end up getting....

If you shop hard enough, you might be able to find you an Infinity for abt 11-12k

For under $10k, you probably won't find any coupes that are newer than '06. I'd recommend a 2005 or so Civic. They can be had for around $9k and are extremely reliable. Plus, with snow and ice, it's not a problem because of front wheel drive. Cheap maintenance, relatively cheap insurance, and good fuel economy.

The rule of thumb on this forum is to buy Japanese because they are cheaper to maintain/repair/buy.

i'd say cop some chevy impala or chevy malibu or hyundai sonata for that kind of money. if not that, u might be able to find an 05 or 06 civic for around that amount. just search by the price range, don't look for anything specific yet. once you see what kind of newer cars are available for the money, then decide which u wanna go for.

Originally Posted by ThA ShErMaNaToR

I was in the same situation last year, go for a mazda 3, civic, corrolla, or altima.  A foreign car should be good in my opinion.  If you can drive manual its a plus (save a grand or so on car price and fuel economy).  I get a 2005 Mazda 3, love the car....although when buying used ABSOLUTELY get the car checked out by your mechanic first so you know what maintenance needs to be done in the future.  My car was in good condition, except that the car was not on the road for about a year so the handbrake was rusted (unexpected problem, rear wheels were dragging when driving just a bit).  Also check out the insurance obviously.
Take your time to buy, do not rush.  If you are hesitant about a decision do not buy, be sure of your choice.  10 grand can get you a very nice ride, have fun!

Yeah and I doubt you'd be able to find an accord coupe relatively new for 10 grand...good luck and hope this helps
Also keep in mind about replacing the clutch if you get a manual. It depends on the wear/mileage, but as you get older cars, the clutch will need to be replaced sooner and sooner. Keep some money on the side to make repairs and pay for maintenance.

And people recommending the S2000 to the guy, what's the point? Dude lives in New York. Traffic. Snow, ice, and expensive insurance just aren't worth it. Plus, maintaining them aren't cheap. AP1's definitely wouldn't suit his needs either, and that's the only S2000 he'd be able to afford with $10k.

nealraj006 wrote:

The rule of thumb on this forum is to buy Japanese because they are cheaper to maintain/repair/buy.

this is becoming harder for me to believe as time goes on. although i know most consider the older american cars to be junkers...and its definitely true in some cases...a lot of the **** are fairly expensive to keep up to be honest. maximas, accords and camrys can be a lil costly to have stuff replaced. with japanese, the newer and lower mileage, the better. 

Damn i really appreciate all of the help guys. I dont know how to drive manual anyway, guess im not manly enough
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
. I know i always hear of Honda as reliable cars, but any other companies? Did yall click that Hyundai link i put up earlier?...how are hyundais?..if they suck ill just X them off my list lol.

i've got no real beef with hyundais...but like i said...with asian cars, the lower mileage and newer, the better. after 100k miles or if they haven't been maintained or if they've been driven roughly, it'll come back n bite you in the @@$ as far as maintenance costs. thats not to say american or german cars aren't the same tho. just try to find as clean a car as you can...try to stay below 60k miles if you can.

why the hell do u want a hyundai theyre not that reliable or great and have terrible resale values, just stick with honda/acura

^
roll.gif
@ur avy..thats genius, iont know how to drive stick. But i was speakin to my mom (she lives in ATL, i live alone in NYC) she said i should start lower for my first car, so mayb i should scratch the whole coupe idea
laugh.gif
. So lets say a nice car for...under 7,000. Ill look into those Acuras though, forgot bout those ppl

Back
Top Bottom