Shots fire by Kobe Bryant at Matt Barnes "It amuses me... I know he wasn't going to do ____"

Yes I feel  like it's worth it's own topic. Sue me. Did he really say this or is Los Angeles Times doing the unnecessary censorship bit for added effect. @*$!, it, obviously either would have made sense there. And the *silenced out* continues long enough I wonder if he even said, "I knew he wasn't gonna do @*$!, the %!%% Im'ma flinch for?"

Or maybe I'm reaching because I'm excited to see a chippiness, a rivalry somewhat brewing although it's interconference which makes the likelihood of them meeting in the playoffs pretty remote. I get the feeling Matt Barnes legitimately hates Kobe though and Kobe just sees Barnes as any other opponent, but that's just my take. Oh yea, video

http://www.youtube.com/v/KoLM4XTZWxc&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/KoLM4XTZWxc&hl=en_US&fs=1&

The only way for Matt Barnes to get at Kobe is actually throw a jab otherwise Kobe already won . No need to fire any shot

Kobe is too smart of a player to fall for Matt Barnes' tricks....If Barnes gets under Kobe's skin, it's a wrap for the Lakers. We know it, all of LA knows it, the Lakers know it, and most importantly...Kobe knows it. If this was a younger Kobe, maybe he would have reacted in a different way. He's a vet who's seen it all, so I can see why that +@%@ wouldn't phase him.

In comparison, look at how Kevin Garnett got Andray Blatche off his game by getting in his head. A lot of these mental games are won by vets who know when and where to irritate the opponent.

on the flip, Refs don't really pick up a lot of +@%@ that Kobe does tho......he gave Barnes a nice elbow after a dunk where it looked like he was trying to "protect" himself. He's a smart dude.

It seems like he cursed there, unless I'm totally missing something.

Kobe's right too, Barnes wasn't going to do anything, it would have been hilarious if he did, though.

I respect Barnes for not backing down and staying with Kobe, but it was clear he was letting it get to him and taking it too far. Kobe can play the mind games and get in your face, but then he can turn it off in a second and focus back on the game. Barnes kept going back and could have taken himself out of the game if he got another tech or just mentally removed himself.

I'd love to see a Finals rematch and even more now that there was a back and forth with Barnes and Kobe.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Kobe's right too, Barnes wasn't going to do anything, it would have been hilarious if he did, though.

I respect Barnes for not backing down and staying with Kobe, but it was clear he was letting it get to him and taking it too far. Kobe can play the mind games and get in your face, but then he can turn it off in a second and focus back on the game. Barnes kept going back and could have taken himself out of the game if he got another tech or just mentally removed himself.

I'd love to see a Finals rematch and even more now that there was a back and forth with Barnes and Kobe.
unfortunately that won't happen because the Magics won't make it to the Finals

please lock. just another post for loser obsessive haters to come in and think the hating is gonna take away that title last year

^Cant be so sure of that yet buddy.

What exactly happened between Barnes and Kobe during that game though?

i saw that .gif posted here, but i couldnt really seem to make anything out of it.

laugh.gif

barnes is a clown

both players arent dumb enough to make a move like that.

we kno kobe will never do sometihng to get himself ejected out of a game and put his team in a rough position
barnes wont do nothin either to get himself ejected though we all know his value to the team is obviously not as much as kobe is to his team.

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

both players arent dumb enough to make a move like that.

we kno kobe will never do sometihng to get himself ejected out of a game and put his team in a rough position
barnes wont do nothin either to get himself ejected though we all know his value to the team is obviously not as much as kobe is to his team.

eek.gif

street didn't diss kobe for once
laugh.gif

I don't know, I thought that was the goal. He wanted to incite Kobe into something and potentially get them both ejected. If you're the Magic, you'll take that tradeoff. Lesser players have been trying that trick on stars forever.

However, on the court you could say Barnes won the whole thing. His team won, he hit the dagger shot, defended Kobe into a miss on the game winner (as much credit as you can give the defender anyways, subjective obviously).

Anyways, bangdak here. BTW, you cosign me on the Thunder all the time, you ever thought about coming out and seeing a game?  I got them tickets, I'll hook you up at face. SP was supposed to come up and watch the Jazz with me on Sunday, but guess that fell through

http://www.youtube.com/v/bSxgTJQvzXg&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/bSxgTJQvzXg&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

kobe is smart for not re acting back.

but Dirk is soft for letting the same stuff slide?
Mavs had no shot at winning that series.  What was a suspension going to do?  Plus Kobe didn't let a guy rub his face.

This reminds of me of all those jay z Stan post when someone of a lower caliber disses him

kobe wins if he doesn't reply

Kobe wins if he does reply

u can't convince a lakers fan otherwise

Did his voice change? He sounded like Shaq
laugh.gif
I couldn't understand a thing he was saying
laugh.gif

Dude on ESPN radio went in on Barnes this weekend, Called him a complete punk & swear he hard hard because he has tattos everywhere haha

Mah dude Kobe never even flinched though
pimp.gif

Matt Barnes accomplished exactly what he set out to do. He goaded Kobe into taking it personally, and Bean shot 12 for 30 in a loss.

I don't know, I thought that was the goal. He wanted to incite Kobe into something and potentially get them both ejected. If you're the Magic, you'll take that tradeoff. Lesser players have been trying that trick on stars forever.

However, on the court you could say Barnes won the whole thing. His team won, he hit the dagger shot, defended Kobe into a miss on the game winner (as much credit as you can give the defender anyways, subjective obviously).
Exactly. Kobe may win the war, that remains to be seen, but Barnes won the battle.

I honestly hate kobe's dirty smirk
laugh.gif
smh.gif

And i would love to, but i live down here in NY, and i already try to go to as many games as i can, OKC games included so yeah.

thanks for the offer though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KenJi714

unfortunately that won't happen because the Magics won't make it to the Finals
Magic* and they certainly have a chance.  They're the 2nd team best team in the East, and while the Cavs match up better on paper than last year, they're not a lock to beat Orlando.  They play the games for a reason, a couple of bad games from the Cavs supporting cast and suddenly it's Lebron vs. 5 and the Magic can certainly beat Cleveland.

kobe's answer to every confrontation - "you're not going to do anything...."

just wish something would go down....
laugh.gif

remember dwight last year?

Originally Posted by that dude

laugh.gif

barnes is a clown
hilarious that everyone thinks barnes was aiming for kobe's head...
kobe was standing towards his right...barnes is faking it past the right of kobes head

barnes himself stated on first take that he wasnt aiming for kobes head...video angle just makes it look that way

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Kobe is too smart of a player to fall for Matt Barnes' tricks....If Barnes gets under Kobe's skin, it's a wrap for the Lakers. We know it, all of LA knows it, the Lakers know it, and most importantly...Kobe knows it. If this was a younger Kobe, maybe he would have reacted in a different way. He's a vet who's seen it all, so I can see why that +@%@ wouldn't phase him.

In comparison, look at how Kevin Garnett got Andray Blatche off his game by getting in his head. A lot of these mental games are won by vets who know when and where to irritate the opponent.

on the flip, Refs don't really pick up a lot of +@%@ that Kobe does tho......he gave Barnes a nice elbow after a dunk where it looked like he was trying to "protect" himself. He's a smart dude.
I agree that Kobe does a lot of things and have called him out on it, but I would of thrown a forearm/elbow at dude too if he he's hanging on the rim jawing at me and then jumps off the rim towards me like he's going to do something.

Back
Top Bottom