Shots fired at Jamal Tinsley and his crew...

[table][tr][td]
Shots fired at Pacers guard Jamaal Tinsley
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]December 9, 2007
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Indiana Pacers guard Jamaal Tinsley and several companions were targeted in a shooting Sunday morning that wounded one person outside the Conrad Hotel downtown.

Police said Tinsley was not injured. Joey Qatato, identified as the team's equipment manager on the Pacers' Web site, was struck in both elbows as he sat with Tinsley in the player's Rolls Royce. The 48-year-old Qatato was taken to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis, where he was treated and released.

Police said the shooting involved an assault rifle and followed a confrontation that happened when Tinsley and his companions were leaving the "Cloud 9" club.

Authorities were called to the hotel about 3:40 a.m.

Sgt. Paul Thompson, a spokesman for the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, told the Indianapolis Star that two vehicles in Tinsley's group followed the shooters in a chase, and Tinsley's brother, James, returned fire at the attackers. It was unknown whether anyone was hit, and Jamaal Tinsley was not involved in the chase, Thompson told the newspaper.

Thompson told the Indianapolis Star the incident began when a group of people gave Tinsley's group a hard time about their cars -- a Mercedes, Rolls Royce and a Dodge Charger -- and their earnings.

After Tinsley and friends left Cloud 9, they realized they were being followed by a gray Chrysler and a dark pickup truck, Thompson told the newspaper.

Instead of going home, Tinsley's group pulled into the Conrad, where the shooting began. Tinsley's Rolls Royce was struck by several bullets, and five bullet holes were found in the Charger, Thompson told the Indianapolis Star.

Police are investigating and looking for the two vehicles.

Jamaal Tinsley and teammate Marquis Daniels are scheduled to go to trial Jan. 14 in a case stemming from a bar fight.

A grand jury indicted Tinsley on a felony charge of intimidation and misdemeanor counts of battery, disorderly conduct and intimidation in connection with the Feb. 6 fight. Daniels is charged with battery and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors.

According to a police report, the bar manager said Tinsley threatened to kill him during the fight. The confrontation with the players followed another fight involving a person who employees thought was trying to steal coats from the coat check area, police said.

EDIT: another article with more details.

damn the pacers stay getting in trouble. i thougth that owuld have been all over after stephen jackson left town

If it hasn't already been said enough i'll say it again.Athletes need to stay away from clubs.

Jamal Tinsley stays being a goon
smh.gif

Wasn't he also with S-JAX when dude fired into the air at a strip club
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

If it hasn't already been said enough i'll say it again.Athletes need to stay away from clubs.
So they should live their lives in fear. Lil Knuckleheads jealous of their fame need to grow up and realize envying another grown man is childish.

What does Stephen Jackson have to do with this? I'm sick of his name being thrown into any discussion involving athletes getting in trouble.

Damn....that could have been much worse...how unlucky does that one dude have to be to get hit in both elbows? On the flip, getting hit there is better thanbeing a fatality....

Didn't Tinsley get in some trouble a year or two ago in another Indy club? I might be imagining things, but for some reason I think he had problems before.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

So they should live their lives in fear. Lil Knuckleheads jealous of their fame need to grow up and realize envying another grown man is childish.
Who said anything about fear?I'm talking about when them or they crew decides to purposely instigate situations. I'm pretty sure you know as doI that swagger that athletes/rappers/entourage carry with them that sometimes get them in bad situations.I'm not saying they should live in fear and becomehermits but they need to tone it down and become more aware of the world and their surroundings.These dudes almost got followed home which would have madethings a hell of alot worse.

See this is the attitude that gets people killed. Avoiding certain clubs or parties or events or neighborhoods because you have a good chance of gettingrobbed, shot at or killed is NOT living your life in fear. It's actually living your life intelligently so you can actually stick around for the future.Especially when putting yourself in a bad position that is so easy to avoid. You cant control the jealous lil knuckleheads right? But you can control where yougo and you dont have to go where they will be at. All this "Naw #**+ that Ima go to any club I want in my ferrari with my ice on, cant nobody tell menothing" attitude is just ******ed. These people, be it athletes or entertainers or anyone who flashes their money put themselves in this position andwhen something happens they act like they didnt think it was going to or something. Well it can and will happen, so unless you absolutely have to stunt even ifit means getting shot over nothing, then do what you gotta do.

Originally Posted by Heshua

See this is the attitude that gets people killed. Avoiding certain clubs or parties or events or neighborhoods because you have a good chance of getting robbed, shot at or killed is NOT living your life in fear. It's actually living your life intelligently so you can actually stick around for the future. Especially when putting yourself in a bad position that is so easy to avoid. You cant control the jealous lil knuckleheads right? But you can control where you go and you dont have to go where they will be at. All this "Naw #**+ that Ima go to any club I want in my ferrari with my ice on, cant nobody tell me nothing" attitude is just ******ed. These people, be it athletes or entertainers or anyone who flashes their money put themselves in this position and when something happens they act like they didnt think it was going to or something. Well it can and will happen, so unless you absolutely have to stunt even if it means getting shot over nothing, then do what you gotta do.

cosign

man athletes need to stop living flashy off the court.. that will solve everything. live comfortably, but not excessively.

But why do you have to become a prisoner of your own fame? Why do you have to restrict yourself from going to a place to enjoy yourself because of others? Itsnot athletes fault that they are given a talent that makes them have millions thrown at them.

I think Athelets should just hire more bodyguards and security personnel. I would never let another man tell me where I can and cannot go, I'm grown man, Imake my own decisions and do what I want.

Originally Posted by Mickey Moss

But why do you have to become a prisoner of your own fame? Why do you have to restrict yourself from going to a place to enjoy yourself because of others? Its not athletes fault that they are given a talent that makes them have millions thrown at them.

I think Athelets should just hire more bodyguards and security personnel. I would never let another man tell me where I can and cannot go, I'm grown man, I make my own decisions and do what I want.
Nobodys saying they're not allowed to have fun but they should take more precautions in life.

Originally Posted by Mickey Moss

But why do you have to become a prisoner of your own fame? Why do you have to restrict yourself from going to a place to enjoy yourself because of others? Its not athletes fault that they are given a talent that makes them have millions thrown at them.

I think Athelets should just hire more bodyguards and security personnel. I would never let another man tell me where I can and cannot go, I'm grown man, I make my own decisions and do what I want.

i think that comes with the fame, pal. point is that when you are famous, of course people are going to recognize you. so, you need to take precautions asto stay low key and not be so extravagant and flaunt your fame and fortune everywhere. you are right that it is not the athlete's fault that they have somuch, but clearly they are asking for trouble when they go all out into a hella sketch neighborhood, then they wonder why they are getting shot at. doesn'tmake sense. you don't tease the hungry lion with a slab of fresh meat. you say you would never let anybody tell you what to do-- then what's stoppingthose other people from doing what they want to do? if they wanna kill you and strip you of cash and jewelry-- you've got to admit they have a LOT LESS tolose than you do.
to quote 2pac:
"They say money bring *****e$, btche$ bring lies
One ni_ _ a's gettin jealous, and motherf_ _kers die"

Im glad that everyone ok and no ones dead.period.

I feel bad for anyone with wealth,espacially if their black because you have your own who want you or your money and on the other side you have the so callededucated gangsters who want your money....

Originally Posted by cbpresent

Jason Whitlock speaks Truth.

I hate him with a passion. I'm from KC, and all the
47035c50ed10b7b643dd01280b23f6c2b469a60.gif
he writes I can't stand, and he is so biased to every team in KC.

And what is going on with everyone with a gun and shooting people and athletes.
smh.gif

No one really deserves to get shot at but Jamal is bringing the attention to himself. As I've always said...he stays out at the clubs week end and weekout...walking around Cloud 9 with his usual bottle of Patron, sitting in front of the Conrad with Marquis Daniels and their 2 Phantoms, or driving around BroadRipple posting up doing the same thing.

People in Indianapolis hate on the next man as it is. All he's doing is making himself a target. He should know better. I hope he doesn't find out thehard way.

Back
Top Bottom