SHOULD I FILE A LAWSUIT?

ohh hell yea., i would do it.. but did you do anything to them before you got your !#% dropped?? lol

Maybe you could ask someone at the bar for help to find the actual people that directly hurt you instead of just getting that money. You said you got at least1 guy for sure so I'm guessing there is legal action that should proceed.

Originally Posted by dead in 09

Originally Posted by psykhO

do whatever feels right
Somebody has to pay for this, you can't just get your %!$ beat for no reason and just let things slide...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by withapassion

Maybe you could ask someone at the bar for help to find the actual people that directly hurt you instead of just getting that money. You said you got at least 1 guy for sure so I'm guessing there is legal action that should proceed.
I've been investigating for a few days, it seems nobody knows that much.

Originally Posted by SheryarYO

do whatever feels right
Somebody has to pay for this, you can't just get your %!$ beat for no reason and just let things slide...

so you're angry that you got ktfo and instead of not doing whatever provoked it again or instead of hitting the gym to make sure it never happens again, your response is to sue the bar? you didn't even sustain any significant injury...
WOW. that might be the most ignorant post I have ever seen on NT.

Am I angry? Of course I'm angry...I GOT BEAT UP FOR NO REASON.

Hit the gym to make sure it never happens again? not even Chuck Norris could take on 6 people.
And you're about to sure someone that didn't beat you up.

Then he's gonna come on NT and make a thread that says "I GOT SUED FOR NO REASON"

Aight, undadig this,

If you were physically assaulted on bar property then u can sue.

If there was supposed to be some type of security monitoring that area, u can sue

If there isn't any postings by the bar w/ the usual they are not responsible for this, that, and the 3rd, u can sue.

Technically security is only supposed to be concerned w/ the inside and front of the establishment, not the parking lot. That bein the case it would bepointless to sue. That's like gettin jumped on a public street and suin the city b/c there were no cops around to stop it and protect u. My advice would betake the L for now and lay on em and catch em 1 by 1.

Same thing happened to my friend like 2 months ago. ... hes a pretty big dude too..

He was walking to his car.. and some guy asked him for a cigeratte.. and he says "I don't smoke" The guy was like AJ give me a cigeratte... andhis names NOT AJ

The guy hit him.. so my friend decked him.. broke his nose.. and then 4 guys came out of no where and beat him unconscious..

He couldnt work for like a week

DLo13 wrote:
COOLnificent wrote:
You're about to sue a bar owner who had nothing to do with you getting jumped?
smh.gif

That's why Liquor Liability with Assault & Battery coverage exists. I make bank selling the stuff. Commissions are high.
pimp.gif

As for the OP, you're not hurt, be thankful, take the L and move on.

are you kidding me? Is that what you would do...just forget it? I could of died that night.

You're SN is PURE irony
laugh.gif
therefor I'm calling Ducktales
grin.gif

If the bar had no type of security then that's one thing but if the guards weren't at that exact location at that exact time when this occured thenthat's a completely different thing.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Aight, undadig this,

If there was supposed to be some type of security monitoring that area, u can sue

If there isn't any postings by the bar w/ the usual they are not responsible for this, that, and the 3rd, u can sue.

Technically security is only supposed to be concerned w/ the inside and front of the establishment, not the parking lot. That bein the case it would be pointless to sue. That's like gettin jumped on a public street and suin the city b/c there were no cops around to stop it and protect u. My advice would be take the L for now and lay on em and catch em 1 by 1.
So I don't have a case because security is not concerned with the parking lot? But isn't the parking lot their property?

do whatever feels right

so you're angry that you got ktfo and instead of not doing whatever provoked it again or instead of hitting the gym to make sure it never happens again, your response is to sue the bar? you didn't even sustain any significant injury...
WOW. that might be the most ignorant post I have ever seen on NT.

Am I angry? Of course I'm angry...I GOT BEAT UP FOR NO REASON.

Hit the gym to make sure it never happens again? not even Chuck Norris could take on 6 people.

please don't underestimate the power of Chuck Norris...but seriously, it sucks you got your !%% kicked. i'm not saying that you shouldn't beangry...i'm trying to show you that you're trying to take your anger out on the wrong people. look at it like this: you hire someone to clean your roofgutter thing. they climb up a ladder and get to work. a big gust of wind comes and they go flying off of the ladder. he gets knocked out, but sustains noserious injury and yet he still decides to sue you for $10,000 since he was working on your property when the accident occured. it's not fair is it? heshould have been more careful or more aware of his surroundings and what he was doing. sure, he's probably ticked off that he fell off the ladder. he'sprobably embarrassed that people know how clumsy and soft he is, but at the end of the day, he's going to be taking it out on you. sucks for you right?well, that's basically what you're doing to the bar...a bar i'm sure you've probably visited before so you probably enjoy going there. learnfrom the experience and make sure it never happens again...but don't take it out on the bar...

Aight, undadig this,

Technically security is only supposed to be concerned w/ the inside and front of the establishment, not the parking lot. That bein the case it would be pointless to sue. That's like gettin jumped on a public street and suin the city b/c there were no cops around to stop it and protect u. My advice would be take the L for now and lay on em and catch em 1 by 1.
So I don't have a case because security is not concerned with the parking lot? But isn't the parking lot their property?
Yea it may be there property but they'll win the case because they have nothin to do w/ the degenerates that jumped u. If it would'vehappend inside the bar itself, it would be a different story. refer to my hypothetical example I posted above, the parking lot and a city street is sorta thesame thing.

Talk to a lawyer, they'll be able to tell you whether the bar can be seen as liable or not.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

laugh.gif

OP you deserved it.
oh word?
You're tryin' to take 10k out of someone's pocket because legally they can't stop you.

Yep.

I'm done here tho. You clearly ain't responding to anyone trying to get you to redirect your anger in a more appropriate manner. The only postsyou're interested in is the ones telling you if you can take money from the bar owner that had nothing to do with the situation.

Hope you get it again too.

Aight, undadig this,

Yea it may be there property but they'll win the case because they have nothin to do w/ the degenerates that jumped u. If it would've happend inside the bar itself, it would be a different story. refer to my hypothetical example I posted above, the parking lot and a city street is sorta the same thing.
it's not just that they didn't have anything to do with the people who jumped him, it's because they can't be expected to policethe entire area surrounding their bar, their parking lot included. i could go into more detail, but basically, you won't win the suit unless they decideto just settle.

do whatever feels right

only because some one goes to the gym does not mean they can beat everyone up.

All i want to ask is what were you doing at a bar by yourself?
nerd.gif

Im not tryna clown or nothin, but why put yourself in that position?

sue and take some Karate lessons with the money you win lol

but really,

it may be their property but that doesn't mean they will be held liable for the attack.

it's sort of like if your car gets broken into while in a parking lot. they are not held accountable.

I would ask around some more.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Aight, undadig this,

Yea it may be there property but they'll win the case because they have nothin to do w/ the degenerates that jumped u. If it would've happend inside the bar itself, it would be a different story. refer to my hypothetical example I posted above, the parking lot and a city street is sorta the same thing.
it's not just that they didn't have anything to do with the people who jumped him, it's because they can't be expected to police the entire area surrounding their bar, their parking lot included. i could go into more detail, but basically, you won't win the suit unless they decide to just settle.
if the OP can prove that the attackers were served in the bar.. I'm sure he has somewhat of a case

Back
Top Bottom