SHOULD I FILE A LAWSUIT?

straight to cliffnotes...

-I got jumped in a parking lot of a bar on Saturday by a crew of 4 or 5 people

-How serious? I was beaten until I was unconscious. No serious injuries.

-Why? Random act of violence.

-Security guards nowhere to be found

-The owner of the bar said that one of the people that jumped me was kicked out earlier in the night, but somehow weaseled his way back in.

-I have 5 witnesses

-There is photo evidence from a police officer. He took pictures of my face and body.
----------------

The thought of filing a lawsuit never crossed my mind until everybody I talked to told me I would be stupid NOT to. I wouldtry and sue the attackers, but my main focus would be on the business.

I was told I could get at least $10,000 for this, and this is coming from a respectable lawyer.

Anybody ever hear of a similar situation? What happened in the long run?

laugh.gif

Do it though.

Do you agree with me when I say I should go after the business? I'm guessing I couldn't get much from the attackers, who all but 1 are still amystery. I'm guessing if the business loses, which they will...their insurance will pick it up. Right?

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

You're about to sue a bar owner who had nothing to do with you getting jumped?
smh.gif
To say he had NOTHING to do with it is ignorant.

More security? He was there that night, and I heard that he was doing all he could not to get the police involved. If the police never came, who knows whatwould have happened.

laugh.gif
My man went straight to the cliffnotes...thats what I'm talkin about!

But to answer your question, yes...sue them for every damn cent

smh.gif

That's why Liquor Liability with Assault & Battery coverage exists. I make bank selling the stuff. Commissions are high.
pimp.gif

As for the OP, you're not hurt, be thankful, take the L and move on.

why would you sue the bar though? since when are bars supposed to have security monitoring the parking lots? if it was a random act of violence, what goodwould it do to sue the business? i mean, sure you'd get paid, but why would you hurt people that didn't hurt you?

Originally Posted by DLo13

smh.gif

That's why Liquor Liability with Assault & Battery coverage exists. I make bank selling the stuff. Commissions are high.
pimp.gif

As for the OP, you're not hurt, be thankful, take the L and move on.

are you kidding me? Is that what you would do...just forget it? I could of died that night.

i think that you should sue the bar... and you should also sue the one person you know is partly responsible for what happened...

if that kinda %#*% happened to me... i kno damn well i'd sue everybody involved

Originally Posted by dead in 09

Originally Posted by psykhO

do whatever feels right
Somebody has to pay for this, you can't just get your %!$ beat for no reason and just let things slide...

so you're angry that you got ktfo and instead of not doing whatever provoked it again or instead of hitting the gym to make sure it never happens again,your response is to sue the bar? you didn't even sustain any significant injury...

smh.gif
To say he had NOTHING to do with it is ignorant.

More security? He was there that night, and I heard that he was doing all he could not to get the police involved. If the police never came, who knows what would have happened.
...did the police come in shining armor and save you or something?

I'm gonna take a wild guess that police came, took pictures, wrote a little bit, and drove away.

If the police didn't come, there wouldn't be photographic evidence that you got your
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
beat.

BTW, pics?

I get it so since you got beatup on their property they're technically responsible. Yea, I guess you could sue. I wouldn't though. Go for it if youwant.

Sure why not. I mean suing people has been the new way to get paid in America for the past decade or so. Forget working hard for my own money I'm bout togo to the corner store and "slip" sue the piss out of em so I could get my slice of that good old American pie! Word to Ezell from Friday!
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by SheryarYO

Originally Posted by psykhO

do whatever feels right
Somebody has to pay for this, you can't just get your %!$ beat for no reason and just let things slide...

so you're angry that you got ktfo and instead of not doing whatever provoked it again or instead of hitting the gym to make sure it never happens again, your response is to sue the bar? you didn't even sustain any significant injury...
WOW. that might be the most ignorant post I have ever seen on NT.

Am I angry? Of course I'm angry...I GOT BEAT UP FOR NO REASON.

Hit the gym to make sure it never happens again? not even Chuck Norris could take on 6 people.

Back
Top Bottom