Should Justin Combs (Puffy's son) give up his scholarship?

Originally Posted by Savraj1

Many taxpayers here are already displaying witch hunt behavior against college students, while we (students) are seeing our tuition go through the roof. As if we don't have a right to complain. Now of course taxpayers will be up in arms against footing the bill for a music mogul son's college education. Side note: I believe UCLA is just whoring itself out for the publicity. I digress. Anyway, things are so bad here that there was very recently a legit proposal to completely privatize UCLA's Anderson School of Management. I can see Cal's Haas School of Business and Boalt School of Law go down the same route. 

??? Tax payers aren't paying his tuition, brah. 

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by oidreez

i think fame has more to do with it than race. If it was justin beiber i probably would be saying the same thing

This. Fame has more to do with it than money too.

Rich people get scholarships all the time.

Originally Posted by yvespo3

Race is the only reason this is questioned.

this is more of a "99%" thing.

IMO he would have gained locker room respect had he given it up.

Should not have to give it up though.

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

Originally Posted by AG 47

Only reason this is a story is because Puffy is a rich, black rapper.
this...
I don't recall anyone telling Kevin Love to give up his damn scholarship.

Who's Kevin Love's dad?

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

If he EARNED it then no. 

that's key, and for some reason i doubt he did.

Think about it, if you are a US college where profit is everything, having Puffy's son will bring in a good amount of revenue.
couldnt be more right!!! sounds like another romeo miller USC signing..
The both of you couldn’t be more wrong. You two are really showing you know little about college athletics.
If you think Diddy’s son being on the team is going to make them money, you know nothing about college football.

Romeo has Demar Derozan to thank for the USC scholarship not his dad.

Originally Posted by Aze201

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

that's key, and for some reason i doubt he did.

Think about it, if you are a US college where profit is everything, having Puffy's son will bring in a good amount of revenue.
couldnt be more right!!! sounds like another romeo miller USC signing..
The both of you couldn’t be more wrong. You two are really showing you know little about college athletics.
If you think Diddy’s son being on the team is going to make them money, you know nothing about college football.

Romeo has Demar Derozan to thank for the USC scholarship not his dad.
Word. How the @$!* was Romeo gonna generate them any money when his %!+ don't even play? 
roll.gif

roll.gif

I had to come back to laugh at that again.

This post doesn’t belong here. Just going to have people making statements displaying their ignorance on college athletes.

I remember watching USC games their freshman year. I don’t remember the camera ever landing on Romeo or him even being mentioned.

This man tried to say they signed Romeo to fill the seats
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chickencurry4eva

^ Stan Love, former NBA scrub

roll.gif

but his family is very successful though. At least that's how they portrayed it to be when he was playing for UCLA. 

why would they give this scholarship to someone that needs it but doesnt deserve it based on their athletic ability?

again, if it was academic based.....then yes......but chances are that there isnt another athlete they wanted that would have been worth giving it to.

he shouldnt give it back....earning is earning.....rich or not.

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

Originally Posted by chickencurry4eva

^ Stan Love, former NBA scrub

roll.gif

but his family is very successful though. At least that's how they portrayed it to be when he was playing for UCLA. 
yeah his uncle is Mike Love from the Beach Boys and I think he's the nephew or something to Carnie Wilson

Back
Top Bottom