Should the Miami Heat get rid of Beasley???

2,547
296
Joined Mar 23, 2004
I've followed a lot of the Heat games this year and was expecting a lot more out of Beas this year.  He's very inconsistent and doesn't have that play every game like it's your last, drive to him.  If anything I'd like for the Heat to pick up John Salmons in the offseason he's more productive and consistent.  Well the Heat are having a great month and this off-season is going to be a big one for us.
 
7,064
34
Joined Jan 29, 2007
No. If Wade can get a legit #2 option, Beasy would do wonders as a #3 option IMO.




He has a lot more potential if he moves out of Mia though.
 
33,349
15,145
Joined Apr 28, 2009
if you can get someone better in return, he's really the only one on that team that can score besides wade.



damn. i just realized how bad the heat would suck if wade left this summer and they don't sign any of the big names, they might have to keep him honestly
 
2,835
743
Joined Oct 29, 2004
i really hope wade goes to chicago...i don't see why he would resign with the heat...

he got his chip there, however I doubt Miami lures in anyone good enough for them to compete for another ring...


don't the bulls have enough to offer two max? or at min 1 max + enough for a solid all star?
 
2,514
10
Joined May 16, 2009
No, Miami should not get rid of Beasley. He's one of few big men Miami actually has...3 to be exact, who can actually play..(the team cannot afford to get smaller). Only other legitimate scorer besides Wade..and maybe JO. Although he hasn't shown any progress since his Kansas State days, this is still only his second season. Give him a couple more years to develop.
 
9,890
182
Joined Apr 30, 2005
I don't understand why Wade would want to even leave Miami? He'd get the max and live in/be adored one of the best places in the country...why give that up???
 
2,835
743
Joined Oct 29, 2004
^ he will get the max elsewhere maybe a few million less...and most importantly to be relevant and win?
 
41,177
4,426
Joined Apr 24, 2005
Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

I've followed a lot of the Heat games this year and was expecting a lot more out of Beas this year.  He's very inconsistent and doesn't have that play every game like it's your last, drive to him.  If anything I'd like for the Heat to pick up John Salmons in the offseason he's more productive and consistent.  Well the Heat are having a great month and this off-season is going to be a big one for us.
No player in the league does.
 
7,673
374
Joined Mar 26, 2009
Originally Posted by copped

^ he will get the max elsewhere maybe a few million less...and most importantly to be relevant and win?
Try $30,000,000.00 less........ + no state tax.

He ain't going anywhere and we're going to go after Bosh and/or James hard. Our fallback option is Stat.

And that's without mentioning Miami as a city

  
 
2,835
743
Joined Oct 29, 2004
Originally Posted by h3at23

Originally Posted by copped

^ he will get the max elsewhere maybe a few million less...and most importantly to be relevant and win?
Try $30,000,000.00 less........ + no state tax.

He ain't going anywhere and we're going to go after Bosh and/or James hard. Our fallback option is Stat.

And that's without mentioning Miami as a city

  


is that true? 30 mil? i don't think any type of winning going to get him to leave for that money...

how is it 30 million?

they should have definitely traded for stat, and then go after bosh in the summer...

bosh + amare would be able to bang with gasol/bynum

and wade would be able to match kobe, lebron, melo and the likes...

then you surround yourself with some shooters/bangers and hustlers


and i see them up there...

best part of all this is if lebron stays in cleveland and these guys actually go to miami...cleveland no longer competes for the eatern conference crown..

lebron better choose wisely...
 
9,087
11
Joined Nov 22, 2006
Originally Posted by copped

Originally Posted by h3at23

Originally Posted by copped

^ he will get the max elsewhere maybe a few million less...and most importantly to be relevant and win?
Try $30,000,000.00 less........ + no state tax.

He ain't going anywhere and we're going to go after Bosh and/or James hard. Our fallback option is Stat.

And that's without mentioning Miami as a city

  


is that true? 30 mil? i don't think any type of winning going to get him to leave for that money...

how is it 30 million?
Miami can offer a little bit extra money per year and can offer an extra year that other teams can't.
 
25,184
496
Joined Sep 1, 2004
I say trade him since he still has some kind of value.

He needs the ball in his hands to be a good player, if you keep Wade and get bosh or Amare that means less touchs for him. He already mental checks himself out of games now when the ball doesn't come his way it would get worse
 
1,981
163
Joined Jun 15, 2005
I'd only trade him for a capable point guard. Say the Nets win the lottery, select John Wall, I'd deal him for Devin Harris and something else. 

Other than that, I'd keep him on board. He's a productive 21 year old(15/6 in a little under 30 min a game) on his rookie scale contract. He could even play a 'Lamar Odom' type role off the bench for Miami if Bosh or Amar'e come on board.
 
7,558
590
Joined Jul 25, 2007
Originally Posted by Dade B0Y


I'd only trade him for a capable point guard. Say the Nets win the lottery, select John Wall, I'd deal him for Devin Harris and something else. 
I LIKE THIS!
 
20,262
2,186
Joined Feb 16, 2006
Originally Posted by PharelFor3

I would never leave miami for chicago. maybe NYC but not
Chicago is his hometown, and the place he said he'd love to play at one day. Unlike Miami, Chicago is a legit sports city where the fans care about and support their teams.

Just look at the Bulls who play in front of a sold-out crowd every night no matter the opponent or how good or bad the team is doing that year. The Heat can't get anyone to show up or care about basketball, they struggled getting fans to show up to games during their championship year.
 

steve212

Banned
2,577
10
Joined Jan 28, 2010
Despite MB being up and down this season, he's shown some growth. I had this dude doin' worst, because of that stint in a clinic prior to the season.
 
2,547
296
Joined Mar 23, 2004
Originally Posted by you big dummy

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

I would never leave miami for chicago. maybe NYC but not
Chicago is his hometown, and the place he said he'd love to play at one day. Unlike Miami, Chicago is a legit sports city where the fans care about and support their teams.

Just look at the Bulls who play in front of a sold-out crowd every night no matter the opponent or how good or bad the team is doing that year. The Heat can't get anyone to show up or care about basketball, they struggled getting fans to show up to games during their championship year.
I've been to a couple of games this season and the main reason I don't go to more is because the drive is like 30-45 minutes and you don't park on the premises.  I have to park in a parking garage and then walk.  If they just moved the Heat to the Bank Atlantic Center I think more people will come.  For most of us South Floridians, we know downtown is a mission.  You have to pass through all the homeless people too.

On another note what's this that I hear if the Raptors make the playoffs the Heat get their first round pick?
 
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now