Should the Miami Heat get rid of Beasley???

I've followed a lot of the Heat games this year and was expecting a lot more out of Beas this year.  He's very inconsistent and doesn't have that play every game like it's your last, drive to him.  If anything I'd like for the Heat to pick up John Salmons in the offseason he's more productive and consistent.  Well the Heat are having a great month and this off-season is going to be a big one for us.

No. If Wade can get a legit #2 option, Beasy would do wonders as a #3 option IMO.

He has a lot more potential if he moves out of Mia though.

if you can get someone better in return, he's really the only one on that team that can score besides wade.

damn. i just realized how bad the heat would suck if wade left this summer and they don't sign any of the big names, they might have to keep him honestly

i really hope wade goes to chicago...i don't see why he would resign with the heat...

he got his chip there, however I doubt Miami lures in anyone good enough for them to compete for another ring...

don't the bulls have enough to offer two max? or at min 1 max + enough for a solid all star?

No, Miami should not get rid of Beasley. He's one of few big men Miami actually has...3 to be exact, who can actually play..(the team cannot afford to get smaller). Only other legitimate scorer besides Wade..and maybe JO. Although he hasn't shown any progress since his Kansas State days, this is still only his second season. Give him a couple more years to develop.

I don't understand why Wade would want to even leave Miami? He'd get the max and live in/be adored one of the best places in the country...why give that up???

^ he will get the max elsewhere maybe a few million less...and most importantly to be relevant and win?

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

I've followed a lot of the Heat games this year and was expecting a lot more out of Beas this year.  He's very inconsistent and doesn't have that play every game like it's your last, drive to him.  If anything I'd like for the Heat to pick up John Salmons in the offseason he's more productive and consistent.  Well the Heat are having a great month and this off-season is going to be a big one for us.
No player in the league does.

Originally Posted by copped

^ he will get the max elsewhere maybe a few million less...and most importantly to be relevant and win?

Try $30,000,000.00 less........ + no state tax.

He ain't going anywhere and we're going to go after Bosh and/or James hard. Our fallback option is Stat.

And that's without mentioning Miami as a city
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by h3at23

He ain't going anywhere and we're going to go after Bosh and/or James hard. Our fallback option is Stat.

pimp.gif

eek.gif

is that true? 30 mil? i don't think any type of winning going to get him to leave for that money...

how is it 30 million?

they should have definitely traded for stat, and then go after bosh in the summer...

bosh + amare would be able to bang with gasol/bynum

and wade would be able to match kobe, lebron, melo and the likes...

then you surround yourself with some shooters/bangers and hustlers

and i see them up there...

best part of all this is if lebron stays in cleveland and these guys actually go to miami...cleveland no longer competes for the eatern conference crown..

lebron better choose wisely...

Originally Posted by h3at23

pimp.gif

eek.gif

is that true? 30 mil? i don't think any type of winning going to get him to leave for that money...

how is it 30 million?
Miami can offer a little bit extra money per year and can offer an extra year that other teams can't.

I say trade him since he still has some kind of value.

He needs the ball in his hands to be a good player, if you keep Wade and get bosh or Amare that means less touchs for him. He already mental checks himself out of games now when the ball doesn't come his way it would get worse

I'd only trade him for a capable point guard. Say the Nets win the lottery, select John Wall, I'd deal him for Devin Harris and something else. 

Other than that, I'd keep him on board. He's a productive 21 year old(15/6 in a little under 30 min a game) on his rookie scale contract. He could even play a 'Lamar Odom' type role off the bench for Miami if Bosh or Amar'e come on board.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

I'd only trade him for a capable point guard. Say the Nets win the lottery, select John Wall, I'd deal him for Devin Harris and something else. 
I LIKE THIS!

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

I would never leave miami for chicago. maybe NYC but not
Chicago is his hometown, and the place he said he'd love to play at one day. Unlike Miami, Chicago is a legit sports city where the fans care about and support their teams.

Just look at the Bulls who play in front of a sold-out crowd every night no matter the opponent or how good or bad the team is doing that year. The Heat can't get anyone to show up or care about basketball, they struggled getting fans to show up to games during their championship year.

Despite MB being up and down this season, he's shown some growth. I had this dude doin' worst, because of that stint in a clinic prior to the season.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

I would never leave miami for chicago. maybe NYC but not
Chicago is his hometown, and the place he said he'd love to play at one day. Unlike Miami, Chicago is a legit sports city where the fans care about and support their teams.

Just look at the Bulls who play in front of a sold-out crowd every night no matter the opponent or how good or bad the team is doing that year. The Heat can't get anyone to show up or care about basketball, they struggled getting fans to show up to games during their championship year.
I've been to a couple of games this season and the main reason I don't go to more is because the drive is like 30-45 minutes and you don't park on the premises.  I have to park in a parking garage and then walk.  If they just moved the Heat to the Bank Atlantic Center I think more people will come.  For most of us South Floridians, we know downtown is a mission.  You have to pass through all the homeless people too.

On another note what's this that I hear if the Raptors make the playoffs the Heat get their first round pick?

Back
Top Bottom