Should there be separate/gender neutral bathrooms for transgender people?

Not sure if srs
why not the whole premise of seperate bathrooms is because a woman and or man may feel uncomfortable with the other in the private settings of a bathroom....how is it any different then a woman and or male feeling uncomfortable in a private setting with a tran sexual/gender etc...?

No one said anything about in person.

The point is - kids see A LOT of things - it's up to the parents and their role models to shape their minds.

This is way more okay than murder because someone in a dress in the wrong bathroom is not hurting anyone. That man in a dress is already facing harsh judgment from people like you - this is what makes him happy and it literally effects no one else and isn't hurting anyone.

If you care about the kids, teach them. If you don't understand transgender people, do research, educate yourself and then teach that little boy. It's the only way to end the hate and ignorance.

The difference between seeing something in say a movie, and in real life is substantial... And what do you mean harsh judgement from ppl like me? I don't think it's appropiate for a man to use the ladies restroom or for a lady to use the men's room... That makes me judgmental, or hateful? :rolleyes PLEASE... At what point do these futile attempts to remain 'PC' become laughable... Their lifestyle is their business and I could seriously careless what happens in the privacy of anyone's bedroom... but you cant "self-identify" your way out clear lines...

Technically the unisex bathroom already takes care of that.

As for situations where that isn't an option, I would say until they have at least outwardly transitioned to their desired sex, use the bathroom meant for your born sex.

A bunch of dudes in here scared if a gay guy shows up in there like they in the bathroom to chill and talk. You go piss or **** and then wash your hands. You gotta be incredibly immature, insecure and pretty dumb to be worrying about if they're looking at your genitals or trying to rape you :lol:
what type of stupid question is this

Its actually not a stupid question. This is a topic that will come up in a sociology course. Ever take one? That was a stupid post.
I have and it's still a stupid question.

W/e sex you are is the one you should go in to the bathroom that applies. That gender talk gets checked at the door. Both sides just needs to deal with it. If not go do it outside like an animal.

Say what now?
I don't understand what you didn't understand. 

I'll just say it plainly if  they look like this:

I wouldn't be uncomfortable unless this individual still has man parts and is standing to pee 

Now if they look like this:

I would be very uncomfortable and feel they need to take their butts to the men's bathroom because I know for sure you have man parts.

I don't understand what you didn't understand. 
I'll just say it plainly if  they look like this:
View media item 440653
I wouldn't be uncomfortable unless this individual still has man parts and is standing to pee 
Now if they look like this:
View media item 440655
I would be very uncomfortable and feel they need to take their butts to the men's bathroom because I know for sure you have man parts.
No I understood what you saying.

I was asking about that "boys have a pee pee and girls have a pocketbook".

there already is. at least in the Government building i worked at. "unisex". but they really dont want to call it trangender ect....

Yeah where I work they're individual unisex restrooms. I just go in there to poop peacefully.

so this is more of a philosophical question than a literal one. Because no place is creating separate bathrooms for transgendered people

No I understood what you saying.

I was asking about that "boys have a pee pee and girls have a pocketbook".
Lol yeah man boys have a phallus for intercourse and urination and women have a "pocketbook" for reproduction and keeping all your money!
Anatomy 101

Last edited:
I have a quick question, I don't mean to derail the thread or anything and this will sound very ignorant because I'm ignorant of the topic but why is it accepted that someone hates what they were born as and is given a pass to change their appearance/gender but, let's just say black women, aren't given a pass to hate their skin color or hair texture and change it? I mean this could even apply to women who don't like that they have small boobs and get breast implants as well, not just transgender. I'm just wondering why this is so widely accepted instead of teaching people to love themselves as they are. 

Just a random thought I had. 

I have a quick question, I don't mean to derail the thread or anything and this will sound very ignorant because I'm ignorant of the topic but why is it accepted that someone hates what they were born as and is given a pass to change their appearance/gender but, let's just say black women, aren't given a pass to hate their skin color or hair texture and change it? I mean this could even apply to women who don't like that they have small boobs and get breast implants as well, not just transgender. I'm just wondering why this is so widely accepted instead of teaching people to love themselves as they are. 

Just a random thought I had. 
very good and insightful point, i often has wondered this myself.... especially with the black community...a chick str8s her hair etc.. boobs and or butt..and it is called not loving yourself not accepting what god has made you...aka trying to look like a white girl.

yet a black man does the exact same thing and its in many cases applauded and seen as being true to yourself and not being ashamed if you feel as if you were meant to be a woman.

I guess it depends on whether you think a black person that hates their skin/hair is biological or due to external influences and pressures

Last edited:
The answer is YES. Surgery and hormones does not dictate your gender, you dna does. That doesn’t change. Ex. maternal instinct cant be injected. I know hormones change how you feel and physical and emotional characteristics, but ex. the level of compassion a mother has cant be synthesized by science. Just my 2 cents...

I guess it depends on whether you think a black person that hates their skin/hair is biological or due to external influences and pressures
That can be used for transgender/sexuals as well tho. I mean let's think about this reasonably. What is the real difference between men and women other than the physical. Like what makes these people, mentally, feel as if they were born in the wrong gender when gender is just genitalia. What really goes on in your mind that you feel you should have breasts and a vagina other than a penis or vice versa. To me, honestly, is sounds exactly like someone saying "I feel as if I should have been born white/black/etc." 

That can be used for transgender/sexuals as well tho. I mean let's think about this reasonably. What is the real difference between men and women other than the physical. Like what makes these people, mentally, feel as if they were born in the wrong gender when gender is just genitalia. What really goes on in your mind that you feel you should have breasts and a vagina other than a penis or vice versa. To me, honestly, is sounds exactly like someone saying "I feel as if I should have been born white/black/etc." 
hormonal imbalances? gender  isn't JUST genitalia

Last edited:
hormonal imbalances?
So they all have hormonal imbalances? That's what makes them feel as if they were born in the wrong gender? Then why don't we try to fix those imbalances by not giving men estrogen but testosterone. 

Also I don't believe it is hormonal imbalances because there are men who have a decrease in testosterone/increase of estrogen and grow breasts but they don't believe their women. 

And yes gender is just genitals. The only thing that makes me a woman is the fact that I have breasts, a vagina, a menstrual cycle, estrogen, and I can produce children. Everything else makes me a person. Anything that goes on mentally is me as a person not me as a woman. 

Last edited:
hormonal imbalances? gender  isn't JUST genitalia
True...we're hard-wired to process some things differently as an evolutionary fact (besides the musculoskeletal differences). I always wondered what separates things like this from any other hormonal imbalance that causes irregular behavior.

Last edited:
So they all have hormonal imbalances? That's what makes them feel as if they were born in the wrong gender? Then why don't we try to fix those imbalances by not giving men estrogen but testosterone. 

Also I don't believe it is hormonal imbalances because there are men who have a decrease in testosterone/increase of estrogen and grow breasts but they don't believe their women. 

And yes gender is just genitals. The only thing that makes me a woman is the fact that I have breasts, a vagina, a menstrual cycle, estrogen, and I can produce children. Everything else makes me a person. Anything that goes on mentally is me as a person not me as a woman. 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7689007.stm

That's just from a quick search. 

Back
Top Bottom