Should transgender individuals be allowed to serve in the military?.

Should transgender individuals be allowed to serve in the military

• Yes

Votes: 79 78.2%
  • No

Votes: 22 21.8%

• Total voters
Refresh my mother****ing memory b. What the **** is the mission again? Destabilize and harass? Engage in proxy warfare? Keep alive the military industrial complex?

Aware me again my guy. Since I don't know the inner workings since you know, I never served.

You military boys gonna have to let us non serving *** civilian looking boiis soak up the game apparently.

calm down :lol:

aint no one in here arguing this is a debate.

i guess NT need to work on they censorship.

Refresh my mother****ing memory b. What the **** is the mission again? Destabilize and harass? Engage in proxy warfare? Keep alive the military industrial complex?

Aware me again my guy. Since I don't know the inner workings since you know, I never served.

You military boys gonna have to let us non serving *** civilian looking boiis soak up the game apparently.

Ok well depends on your base, and job function/craft. Everyone has different missions B. Does everyone go to war no, absolutely not.

But doesn't change the fact that transgenders would get treated unfairly, which would lead to more suicides, depression and etc, mind you military have a high rate as it is, based on the amount of people that serve

It's really comical how these guys are setting themselves up to look wild irrational right now.

A lack of critical thinking is exactly the problem here. The people who want you serving love it though. They don't want you asking questions.
This cannot be said enough.

Ok well depends on your base, and job function/craft. Everyone has different missions B. Does everyone go to war no, absolutely not.

But doesn't change the fact that transgenders would get treated unfairly, which would lead to more suicides, depression and etc, mind you military have a high rate as it is, based on the amount of people that serve
So the answer is to discriminate against transgender people in an attempt to avoid discrimination against transgender people?

Doing all we can as to not ruffle the feathers of the ignorant. You know how ridiculous that sounds?

Oh so because they're already treated like ****, there shouldn't be policies in place to discourage people from harassing others.

Instead let's just keep things the way they are and ban an entire group of people.

Great answer. You should be a decision maker of some sort.

calm down :lol:

aint no one in here arguing this is a debate.

i guess NT need to work on they censorship.

I'm the one who needs to calm down yet you're the one that's butt hurt over people who don't serve chiming in? How many times have you missed my point because you were too emotional?

Okay. I guess.

:lol:

So you've experienced racism - did that affect the mission in a huge way? Should they ban non-whites so we can avoid discrimination and harrassment? Seems too risky to mix up people of different cultures.

Actually racism does affect the mission. And all I'm saying being open to have transgenders serve will be a more negative than positive. Y'all have your opinions, I have mine.

Do I personally care if they serve. No

But in the long run, it's the best decision

Military may have homosexuals, doesn't mean everyone agrees with it. As a person who served 10 yrs, believe me, many people are Homophobic and racist. I've seen it, I experienced racism countless times. I've seen some of my fellow wingman discriminated against based on sexuality.

Allowing transgenders to serve would affect the mission in a huge way.
I think it's important that we make distinctions here. Judging by your post I'm assuming you're referring to combat roles, yes? Transgenders have already been serving in the military, albeit a very small number and not exactly "openly". I'm not sure in which roles.

What Trump has stated is a blanket ban on transgenders serving in the military. He did not specify combat roles or any specifics at all and until further notice it is therefore a blanket ban on all military positions. Surely there's nothing wrong with letting them serve in administrative roles.

As for your point, I think I see where you're coming from but not allowing them to serve for that reason seems like punishing them because others in the military can't get over their differences to me.

If you want to serve, you should be allowed to serve. Otherwise no more future complaints about shortages or drafts.

If there's a ban on certain individuals that possibly WANTED to serve you're not drafting my kid when he chose not to.

This logic is so *** backwards it's not even funny. So should cops have carte blanche to live mutually exclusive from the public and be exempt from scrutiny? Should they be given full rein to operate as they please?

dont they already do that?

In the military they dont operate as they please we cant just go to war with a country without a cause and effect.

Service members will get UCMJ if they operate out of their guidelines unlike these cops

FED UP!

:rofl:

Let's cut through the BS. I see what's really going on here. Cats just want the military to remain this patriarchal macho institution. This glorified boys club. Can't have gays and trans people poison the well.

****ing stop the games.

I'm the one who needs to calm down yet you're the one that's butt hurt over people who don't serve chiming in? How many times have you missed my point because you were too emotional?

Okay. I guess.

you the one over here cursing and swearing. I can read it thru your post you're quite angry right now.

I chimmed in because you were stating incorrect facts

Let's cut through the BS. I see what's really going on here. Cats just want the military to remain this patriarchal macho institution. This glorified boys club. Can't have gays and trans people poison the well.

****ing stop the games.

gays are already serving openly. But you wouldnt know that

dont they already do that?

In the military they dont operate as they please we cant just go to war with a country without a cause and effect.

Service members will get UCMJ if they operate out of their guidelines unlike these cops

Yeah let's pretend like your commanders aren't in bed with politicians and their own agendas.

**** ain't mutually exclusive.

Stop being, or acting naive.

I may have an issue with the tax payer funding hormone therapy and things of that nature but if a straight solider has lupus or some **** and we foot the bill for that, then it would seem hypocritical.

I don't necessarily like transgender people (old line of work at a HIV facility provided me with many bad experiences with them) but if they are willing to fight for this country then they deserve every right within those confines.

Man if that red headed *** doesn't like the drama.

gays are already serving openly. But you wouldnt know that

What policies exist to curb harassment or discrimination they may face?

As it stands, franchise is saying trans people shouldn't serve, and those who already are do so at their own peril.

Is this the sort of climate that should continue to be allowed? Or rather should there be steps made to discourage discrimination.

You two are missing the point.

What policies exist to curb harassment or discrimination they may face?

As it stands, franchise is saying trans people shouldn't serve, and those who already are do so at their own peril.

Is this the sort of climate that should continue to be allowed? Or rather should there be steps made to discourage discrimination.

You two are missing the point.

military already has a zero tolerance for people who accuse others of such. Most will get extra duty or even moved out the unit to even getting kicked out. There are already a ton of policies on harassment and discrimination but you wouldnt know that.

what cfranchise was getting at was for example you wouldn't let your kids join the military because you know its a high chance they may get killed. But you never joined to know for sure but you see the statistics of people getting killed. so you are doing them a possible solid by not letting them join

While serving on active duty harassment and suicide is high already among the service members and knowing that trump could possibly be doing them a solid by not letting them join based off the fact they could be a victim of harassment and discrimination because the military is not at the point where they can handle that and the mission. They just banned the dont ask dont tell policy not too long ago.

We all know we dont live in a world where harassment and discrimination doesnt exist.

you the one over here cursing and swearing. I can read it thru your post you're quite angry right now.

I chimmed in because you were stating incorrect facts

Then you've clearly never seen me post. I always "swear". All the time. I do it in real life too, regardless of my mood. lol I can't help it.

Back
Top Bottom