Shoulder pain when doing pullups

Anyone else get this?

My shoulders were hurting pretty bad when I was doing pullups (wide grip).....everything else I did was fine (dealifts, bent-over rows, yates rows, db rows,reverse flies, even pulldowns which sorta mimick the pullup motion)

Anyone have any idea as to why? I didn't just do a shoulder workout or anything, nothing was tight I stretched beforehand, this has never happened to mebefore. Pretty lame.

I don't know about your shoulder pain...but can anybody tell me why my back cracks everytime i do a pullup? Im thinking i should probably get it checkedout but i dont wanna pay for an appointment

Is it a "crack" like a knuckle crack? Probably harmless. Do you weight a lot by any chance?

If it doesn't hurt I wouldn't stress too much about it.

its more like a pop sound, my lower back has been hurting on and off for like a year now.
and nah im 5'11 160

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Anyone else get this?

My shoulders were hurting pretty bad when I was doing pullups (wide grip).....everything else I did was fine (dealifts, bent-over rows, yates rows, db rows, reverse flies, even pulldowns which sorta mimick the pullup motion)

Anyone have any idea as to why? I didn't just do a shoulder workout or anything, nothing was tight I stretched beforehand, this has never happened to me before. Pretty lame.

Sounds like it was your rotator cuff

Grip was too wide?

Your range of motion was too much?

I stick with lat pulldowns because pullups you're more prone to cheat

Back
Top Bottom