Shula Wants An * If Pats Go 16-0

Shula: Spygate would diminish a perfect Pats season:
Don Shula likes the Patriots' chances of going undefeated, but the Bill Belichick-inspired spying scandal has clouded Shula's thinking when comparing New England with his unbeaten 1972 Dolphins team.

"The Spygate thing has diminished what they've accomplished," Shula said in an interview with the New York Daily News. "You would hate to have that attached to your accomplishments. They've got it."

Belichick was fined $500,000 and the Patriots were fined $250,000 and lost a first-round draft pick for videotaping the Jets' opposing sideline during the teams' season-opening game.

"That tells you the seriousness or significance of what they found," Shula said, according to the Daily News. "I guess you got the same thing as putting an asterisk by Barry Bonds' home run record.

"I guess it will be noted that the Patriots were fined and a No. 1 draft choice was taken away during that year of accomplishment. The sad thing is Tom Brady looks so good, it doesn't look like he needs any help."

The way the Patriots have been playing, Shula and the '72 Dolphins might find themselves answering more questions than in past years about whether their record will stand. New England improved to 9-0 on Sunday by beating the previously unbeaten Colts (7-1) in Indianapolis.

There have been serious runs made at the Dolphins' record before. The 1985 Bears started 12-0, then lost on a Monday night to a Dolphins team coached by Shula. The 1991 ******** started 11-0 and the 1998 Broncos and 2005 Colts opened 13-0 before losing. Although members of the '72 Dolphins have become known for sipping champagne after the last unbeaten team falls by the wayside each season, Shula says stories of that annual celebration "have been blown out of proportion."

"You guys put forth the myth that we are pathetic losers down here clicking champagne glasses and clinging desperately to a record set 35 years ago," former Dolphins tight end Jim Mandich told the Daily News. "Somehow we've been portrayed as being evil. We don't ever blow our own horn. It's a great record, but the record doesn't get beaten.

"The Patriots have assembled a powerhouse of a team. They are a classy bunch of guys and play ball the right way. If they want to join the unbeaten club, come on aboard."

ESPN.com Article
EQUIPO BOXEO
White Sox * Bulls * Bears * The Great KATSIDIS​

Be quiet senile old man. We should * your season for having such an easy schedule.

R.I.P. - Qbs King32, IM MADDDD, U MADDDD, Dr Fede

QB'SFINEST​
VIA Dade County​

:smh:
smh.gif
TeamClippers
TEAM SAINTS

How bout giving Shula an * for promoting Nutrisystem :smh:
smh.gif
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James,Gibson,Hughes,Gooden,IIgauskas,Marshall,Pavlovic,Da.Jones,Dw.Jones,Snow,Newble,S.Brown,Simmons,D.Brown​

Shula should just focus on selling his diet stuff and shut up. This makes the Dolphins look foolish even more than we already do. :smh:
smh.gif
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES

He just doesn't want his old Dolphins record to be touched
smh.gif
smh.gif

Air Jordan
1984-1993
1995-1998
2001-2003
"The best there ever was, the best there ever will be."

Jealousy is a female trait.
.:Flowsomuch:.​
TEAM LAKERS
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

i just going to make this post, the 72 Dolphins=straight Sality. year after year they hope and pray that a team doesnt go undefeated. just accpet it if it comes up and give the team props i see no one else getting butt hurt when there record is going to be broken

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

interesting. he's trying to protect his legacy
TEAMGIANTS
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

Hey, they cheated, man.
laugh.gif

You'd be salty too if your record was beaten by someone who DEFINITELY (not 'maybe') cheated.

I wouldn't say anything if I were Shula, though... but I'm also not going to say that he's wrong.
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

If Shula keeps talking his knees won't be safe either
"Show no love, love will get you killed"

like said though, I don't know why he cares, technically it can't ever be beaten, just tied.

I know there are more games these days but it still can only really be tied.
Team Portland Trail Blazers
503​
Oregon State Beavers
Portland StateVikings​

^ I don't understand how it can't be beaten.

There are more games played in a season now, right?

Isn't 100 - 0 better than 2 - 0?

I know that the winning percentage of 100 - 0 is 100% and the winning percentage of 2 - 0 is 100%, but still, winning 100 consecutive games is more impressive than winning 2.

So as long as we're playing more games now than before, then it can be beaten.
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

shula is ******ed...go eat some prunes, old man

Team Pizziaolo
- RED SOX FOR LIFE -​

Quote:
You'd be salty too if your record was beaten by someone who DEFINITELY (not 'maybe') cheated.

smh.gif
Team49ers/CalBears/Warriors
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Bring UCSD a football team.​

^ I that an actual shirt?

I need it.

Where?
4L8O15S16T23!42

^
Those shirts are tight!

I need me an Agent Zero shirt and the Rambis shirt. :pimp:
pimp.gif
.:Flowsomuch:.
TEAMLAKERS
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

Sounds to me like he's scared.....he should just relax, the Pats aren't gonna go undefeated.
GO TITANS! * GO WIZARDS! *GO SHARKS! *GO TERPS!

Quote:
Shula should just focus on selling his diet stuff and shut up. This makes the Dolphins look foolish even more than we already do. :smh:
smh.gif

Seriously, and I'm as big a 'Phins fan as you'll find on here. :smh:
smh.gif
"Sports Do Not Build Character, They Reveal It." - John Wooden
TEAM AM FAM

art_kemp.jpg
:wow:
eek.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
oh my word

art_family_women.jpg
laugh.gif
Quote:
"You guys put forth the myth that we are pathetic losers down here clicking champagne glasses and clinging desperately to a record set 35 years ago," former Dolphins tight end Jim Mandich told the Daily News. "Somehow we've been portrayed as being evil. We don't ever blow our own horn.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
:wow:
eek.gif
You're the Kind of Girl a Guy Like Me
Could Hypnotize​

Thanks, FIRST BORN! (Wait, you're FIRST BORN, right?)

129701_2236072_1_big.jpg

129701_2542315_1_big.jpg

So, SOOOO copped.
4L8O15S16T23!42

Back
Top Bottom