SI.com front page - The NFL's Team of the Decade rankings

NFL Team of the Decade: 2000s
Know this before you dive into the team-of-the-decade standings that we've compiled below: Try as we did to make this a scientific and mathematical equation, there's some subjectivity in how certain levels of accomplishment are weighed, even if you do assign an arbitrary point value to various categories. At some level it comes down to making a judgment call, and when the results of this decade's first nine seasons left multiple teams in a clump, I ranked them as I saw 'em.

Using six categories as a barometer got the job done in most cases. I went with regular-season winning percentage, playoff wins/record, playoff seasons, winning seasons, losing seasons, and Super Bowl appearances/wins. We'll see how much 2009 might serve to re-frame the debate. But for now, let the NFL team-of-the-decade discussion and disagreement begin.

1. Patriots
2. Steelers
3. Colts
4. Eagles
5. Giants
6. Ravens
7. Packers
8. Broncos
9. Bucs
10. Seahawks
11. Titans
12. Chargers
13. Bears
14. Panthers
15. Jets
16. Rams
17. Dolphins
18. Vikings
19. Saints
20. Cowboys
21. Jaguars
22. Falcons
23. ********
24. Raiders
25. Chiefs
26. 49ers
27. Bengals
28. Cardinals
29. Bills
30. Browns
31. Texans
32. Lions

Full story:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/06/01/decade/index.html

Zero debate with the Patriots bein #1.

Only a Spurs fan would argue against the Pats bein #1.

laugh.gif

CP1708 wrote:

laugh.gif

How they put the Pats over the Steelers?...
smh.gif

Spoiler [+]
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
at you CP1708

^^^
laugh.gif
of course it is...did you check the spoiler?
CP1708 throwing shots at Spurs fans....
grin.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

^^^
laugh.gif
grin.gif
smh.gif

Okay... whew... thank goodness.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And yeah, you'll have to forgive CP. He hasn't had much sleep lately... dreaming of D12 chasing him through his dreams, wearing nothing but a supermancape and a big grin.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

^^^
laugh.gif
grin.gif
smh.gif

Okay... whew... thank goodness.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And yeah, you'll have to forgive CP. He hasn't had much sleep lately... dreaming of D12 chasing him through his dreams, wearing nothing but a superman cape and a big grin.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

bwahahaha

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

Oh God, not this again.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

NFL Team of the Decade: 2000s
Know this before you dive into the team-of-the-decade standings that we've compiled below: Try as we did to make this a scientific and mathematical equation, there's some subjectivity in how certain levels of accomplishment are weighed, even if you do assign an arbitrary point value to various categories. At some level it comes down to making a judgment call, and when the results of this decade's first nine seasons left multiple teams in a clump, I ranked them as I saw 'em.

Using six categories as a barometer got the job done in most cases. I went with regular-season winning percentage, playoff wins/record, playoff seasons, winning seasons, losing seasons, and Super Bowl appearances/wins. We'll see how much 2009 might serve to re-frame the debate. But for now, let the NFL team-of-the-decade discussion and disagreement begin.

1. Patriots
2. Steelers

Full story:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/06/01/decade/index.html

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Add another ring next season.

^^^^
eyes.gif
You can
eyes.gif
all you want, it's clear in the NFL, just asclear as it is in the NBA. You ain't gonna see a bunch of Steeler fans in here wonderin why they ain't number 1. Saw a whole lotta that in anotherthread didn't we?

So yeah,
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom