Side Hustles Vol. 2013

I'm still in school so im just doing work study and a retail gig.
Hopefully get enough bread saved up so I can do this loanshark thing my uncle is in to, best side hustle in my opinion.

loanshark?? elaborate
eh maybe i used the wrong term. but basically lending certain amounts of money to people with a high interest rate, an illegal one. Then collect on a regular basis, weekly or biweekly. It mostly works in urban areas. people who need immediate money and cant get approved at banks or cant go to banks come see him for a loan. it got him driving a cayenne turbo so it seems to pay off. it has its negatives and positives like all side hustles though

Think I'm going to open a based god church and just have rapper preachers and take offerings. Try that out for a while and see how it goes. Trying to push that 100k Benz my old preacher has...

Last edited:
hoping into getting into doing skateboarding and/or graffiti/street art photography

I remember there was a dude in the older thread that said ATM's are a good side hustle..

cant remember the **** he said too clearly but I think thats a dope idea

I remember there was a dude in the older thread that said ATM's are a good side hustle..
cant remember the **** he said too clearly but I think thats a dope idea

I remember that thread. You can find some for sale online. You just gotta refill it at random times and watch out for thieves as they'll steal your whole machine sometimes. Its a great investment if you have the surplus cash layin around. I think he said he was movin like 20-30k a month/week or somethin like that but he was only eatin the interest which is still good.
Also vending machines.

Probably stick to my freelancing web design, everyone needs a website and it's easier than ever to set up a wordpress for someone whose tech-clueless.

Anyone have experience at throwing parties? I'm thinking about doing that but it seems like it could be a headache. My boy threw one for his bday and made almost 2G's in one night!
It all depends. I use to do this in high school (primarily my senor year). This was just around when Facebook had really started taking off and the events app was clutch. I would have 3-4 friends from other townships as admins and they'd help me invite people. Parties were themed. Total out of pocket (including venue, DJ (which was my boy), security (an off duty cop that had a crew), and water (huge profit margin) would be anywhere from $1200 - $1500. Since I played football in the fall and track in the spring, I didn't have a job and this is where my parents would step in. They would lend me the cash and I'd pay them back.

I was making anywhere from 3 to 4k net profit. Like I said, I was 17-18 so I was buying all kinds of unnecessary ****
laugh.gif
. My senor year I think I threw 5 parties. All that untaxed cash.
smokin.gif

Let me know if you have any questions.

a lot of people doing photography thats whats up.

i do a little photography but i mostly do video. people promoting themselves, lil street music videos, blah blah.

working on my portfolio site now, now http://glengordonjr.com >D

eh maybe i used the wrong term. but basically lending certain amounts of money to people with a high interest rate, an illegal one. Then collect on a regular basis, weekly or biweekly. It mostly works in urban areas. people who need immediate money and cant get approved at banks or cant go to banks come see him for a loan. it got him driving a cayenne turbo so it seems to pay off. it has its negatives and positives like all side hustles though

Nope. Loanshark is pretty accurate. Wouldn't go flapping your gums too much though. :lol:

My friend's dad used to have a connect with the TJX Companies (TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Home Goods). He'd get hundreds of units of name brand urban clothing at less than wholesale and we'd flip it on eBay, to friends, to store fronts that sold similar apparel. It was cool during college.

past few months I have been getting lucky and buying out peoples collections, have did this 3 times and so far 5k has come out of it. Not that it happens often but when it does I jump on it rather quickly. Just this past week I bought ds diamond dunks, ds supreme dunk highs red and baby blue all for 800!!
glasses.gif
 But looking into buying tickets for concert/shows that have alot of build up, I used to do this a few years ago and made a killing on the watch the throne tour and a few others..

Nope. Loanshark is pretty accurate. Wouldn't go flapping your gums too much though. :lol:
My friend's dad used to have a connect with the TJX Companies (TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Home Goods). He'd get hundreds of units of name brand urban clothing at less than wholesale and we'd flip it on eBay, to friends, to store fronts that sold similar apparel. It was cool during college.
:nerd: :nerd: yea i tried not to say too much, just wrote the basic info.

I saw an opportunity for a side hustle that might interest you guys. I was at the 99 Cent Store and saw Krill Oil there from the brand Nature Made. Krill Oil is kinda hot in the supplement world at the moment. I know the supplements there are really weird but this particular brand sells at Walmart and such. When I got home I checked eBay and people are selling these 300mg/60ct bottles for at least $10. The only issue was the expiration dates on all of them were 08/2013... but the eBay sellers are selling the same ones. 

[img]http://pics2.ds-static.com/prodimg/360331/300.JPG[/img]

23.99 at Drugstore.com http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=360331&catid=288378&aid=338666&aparam=goobase_filler

Last edited:
So you're saying buy these for $1, and sell on ebay for $10?

Sounds good to me.

Don't know if it's 99 cents everywhere though.

:nerd: :nerd: yea i tried not to say too much, just wrote the basic info.

what do you do if they try and duck you or not pay you back?

Back
Top Bottom