Sign over custody or get married...

Bee

This is what the AirForce told me i would have to do to enlist since they don't accept single fathers..
I'm still with my girl, so there's no baby mom drama going on or anything like that but i'm just not comfortable with signing over
custody or guardianship. anybody familiar on how this works? is it temporary like while only in boot camp? are there many cons to doing this?

Any help is appreciated because i'm def not about that married life yet
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

If you not ready to get married, then don't.  Bottom line. AND DO NOT SIGN OVER YOUR GUARDIANSHIP.

You can however see if they will accept a temporary guardianship affidavit...

*sidenote*
Speaking as a single father, don't do it.  You have to make certain sacrifices for your children. Ask yourself is it worth it now...Or, can I do this another time.  I passed on Medical school so that I can be a single father, and I am glad I did so.

I wouldn't trade my custodianship of my daughter for all the money in the world. 

Depending on where you live and your marital status... you can ENTER making more $ than the person training you.
Your salary is based on "home" & who you are "supporting"

So if you are married... you get more $ ... kid... more $ ..... New York persay... more $

BUT and this is a HUGE BUT!

If you are married and "contractually" connected, this could open a pandoras box of benefits, anything you own, $ down the line (maybe not now) if god forbid you get divorced.

Not sure how old you are but mull all of that over.

%+!?

Sign over your CUSTODY?!

of YOUR CHILD?!!!

cnt srs tell if srs.

wheredeydodatat?

Originally Posted by moundraised23

tough call...

No it's not. 
Signing over custody isn't an option imo so if he doesn't see himself marrying her or isn't ready time to go to plan B.

have a faux marriage. just both agree to go through the paces but at the end of the day you will be living your own lives.
hopefully she's nice enough to do that for you (i do recognize its a lot though).

Originally Posted by Executive76

Originally Posted by moundraised23

tough call...

No it's not. 
Signing over custody isn't an option imo so if he doesn't see himself marrying her or isn't ready time to go to plan B.

in my case personally, i wouldnt give my son up 4 nothing...
i dont know much about air force/armed forces/military, etc acceptance...he may not have a plan B

Prenup and go from there... let the baby mom's know this is the best decision all around for you, her, and said child...

if you arent ready to get married then dont do it. are they only telling you this as in respect to benefits? like if you dont sign over or get married they wont be entitled to benefits...or are they saying you cant sign up period...because you have a kid?

Being a single father there is no way in hell ill give up custody. Love my son too much and worked too hard to get him. Op its time for plan b. Might be harder but its worth it. Good luck op

Back
Top Bottom