Silica Packs ......... Your Thoughts

Joined Jul 24, 2008
i heard they dry out your kicks and when you go to rock them down the road they crack mad easy.

SteveSteve72

Staff member
Joined Jan 3, 2009
I don't want to take the chance of my J's drying out. And I haven't had any problems with my J's yellowing without them so I don't use them.

Joined Sep 26, 2006
The packs take the moisture out of the air and doing so near shoes would likley result in crumbling....not to "mini-mod" but just to let you know (if you're interested in more opinions) this topic has been hotly debated in the sneaker care/maintenance post in the JB forum with varying opinions.  Some people who swear by them claim they prevent aging while others are very against packs because they likley result in drying out the leather......

Personally, I just try to keep my shoes out of the sun and in a room with a moderate temperature/low humidity.....thankfully I've had good experiences (hopefully didn't just jinx myself
)

Joined Jan 12, 2007
ive had good experience with them but i also rock all my shoes regularly so they won't crack when i use them

wkn916

formerly l2icel3oi9i6
Joined Apr 6, 2008
Originally Posted by firefly23

i heard they dry out your kicks and when you go to rock them down the road they crack mad easy.
i don't stuff the shoe box with every silica pack i can find though..i only throw one silica pack under the tissue and everything else.

Top Bottom