Sillyputty and NikeAirForce1 Appreciation thread. (thanks, guys)

After seeing these two (mainly sillyputty) own every god believer on NT, i am 100% convinced that god doesn't exist. Sillyputty makes too much sense. Very educated fellow who knows how to debate. Bravo, man. Bravo. That God thread is the best religious debate thread ever on NT.

You should seek your own knowledge and not based it on someone. 

Just my opinion.

Originally Posted by marmourjr

You should seek your own knowledge and not based it on someone. 

Just my opinion.

I agree.
Just make sure that you don't let ANY claim you ever hear about just slide by with a lack of evidence and objective focus. 

I appreciate your support but let this be a lesson to you that just accepting things for the sake of accepting them isn't good enough any more. We know too much and have too many resources for lay-men to not validate their own conclusions and decide if they are right or wrong or even plausible beyond a shadow of a doubt. 

Learning the truth is hard because it requires more effort but it is far more rewarding. 

now for the subjective part of the post: 

If you're looking to skim around on an atheist website of skeptical people who actually call out their own when they're even being too biased check out reddit.com/r/atheism *shrug* 
laugh.gif

I also encourage you to read the books of ALL major religions. People think I always pick on christianity. Not true. Its just that i mostly encounter them. If you read something else and it appeals to you, look into it...just dont shield yourself from one view point. Its about intellectual honesty and consistency. 

Originally Posted by th0ugh

After seeing these two (mainly sillyputty) own every god believer on NT, i am 100% convinced that god doesn't exist. Sillyputty makes too much sense. Very educated fellow who knows how to debate. Bravo, man. Bravo. That God thread is the best religious debate thread ever on NT.

Are you that weak minded that it only took a message board debate to convince you 100%...but then again, knowing who you are, I'm not surprised

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

Are you that weak minded that it only took a message board debate to convince you 100%...but then again, knowing who you are, I'm not surprised

no offense but to be fair there are tons of people who think god appears on toast bread and cloud formations:

BTW, this phenemona is called�Pareidolia. Its just when you see things and the neural sections of your brain used to detect faces (yes such an area exists) draws its bias into thinking you're seeing things.�

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia Very interesting.�

guess who I am
laugh.gif

but yes, sillyputty did a masterful job in pointing out the holes in most theist arguments.  He went HAM as some might say.
pimp.gif

We got scshift to admit that he made up his God and his rules.  We got some other people to hear themselves say that the only reason they believe god exists is because they were raised to believe that as a child.  We had some others who really listened and considered our arguments, or straight out denied and ignored them.

I think that's really all sillyputty and I wanted from that thread.  To have someone change their position is icing on the cake. In relation to the thread, what position did you hold beforehand, th0ugh?

Everything went better than expected.  (B Smooth
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
09.png

This is more evidence that shows "religion threads" on NT do work.

the way i see it if there is a God and you do by his will you'll be ok in the long run but if u worship God and die and realize there is no God (not "realize" but you know what i mean) then you take niether a L or W /comment

Originally Posted by RetroSan

the way i see it if there is a God and you do by his will you'll be ok in the long run but if u worship God and die and realize there is no God (not "realize" but you know what i mean) then you take niether a L or W /comment

Pascals Wager ^
Here is a good article from the NY Times that fits in the context of this thread and the other God thread. 

http://opinionator.blogs....9/04/what-is-naturalism/

Originally Posted by RetroSan

This is the problem with taking the easy route.
This is a form of pascal's wager.

Look it up.

Its been debunked.

Don't let the video title scare you but Pascal's Wager is a flawed argument. Here is why:

Atheist always claim they 'own' somebody...hmm I wonder why
'I aint afraid of al-qaeda, I'm afraid of al-cracka '
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Atheist always claim they 'own' somebody...hmm I wonder why

I didn't make the video title. If I could change it I would. 
But it doesn't discredit the arguments being presented and the stance taken.

I don't understand atheism though. That's putting yourself in the same ideological box as followers of a religion. Agnosticism is the only way for me. Skeptical but not dogmatic. "Known unknowns"

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I don't understand atheism though. That's putting yourself in the same ideological box as followers of a religion. Agnosticism is the only way for me. Skeptical but not dogmatic. "Known unknowns"

I see where you're going...

BTW, atheism is LACK of religion. Not ANTI religion. Its like saying you call people who don't collect stamps or baseball cards, anti-baseball card collectors. No, you just don't call them ANYTHING. There shouldn't even be the word atheist but in context of all the believers there is something to define that.

Its like what do you call people who don't play Dungeons and Dragons? There are entire people who don't even subscribe to anything in that realm so why call them anything? 

There are two main types of atheists. Agnostic atheists and gnostic atheists. Basically, I don't know if there is a god but I don't think so or I know there is no god.

You could be either one. 

Honestly, for the sake of conversation i'll say i'm an agnostic atheist...because the arguments presented don't support the existence of god but we don't know beacuse no one has proved it yet.

But HONESTLY, based on the extent of all arguments ever presented and knowing how much we know now, I itch closer and closer to just saying that I know there is no god...but I know that I can't prove that, so I don't say it.

You see what i'm getting at? 

Check this chart out:  
Spoiler [+]

xXuNC.jpg

Either way my point is, don't focus on if there is a god or not, just don't be a **** to other human beings and we should be all good. 
laugh.gif

i never understood what's to debate about. one either has faith in a god or one does not

debating faith seems like is a waste of time...

Originally Posted by sillyputty

no offense but to be fair there are tons of people who think god appears on toast bread and cloud formations:

BTW, this phenemona is called�Pareidolia. Its just when you see things and the neural sections of your brain used to detect faces (yes such an area exists) draws its bias into thinking you're seeing things.�

And they are weak minded as well...........................Spare me of your youtube videos and wikipedia references, sir.

how can you be 100% convinced of something that hasnt/cant be proven?

this is one of those topics that you have to do the knowledge for yourself. i find it hard to believe the tipping point for you is based on one thread on niketalk.

no hate...just a bit confusing

Originally Posted by sillyputty

And they are weak minded as well...........................Spare me of your youtube videos and wikipedia references, sir.
I try to not call people names because not everyone is as fortunate to be able to research things and to confirm or validate the things theyve been taught not to question...Thats why the poor tend to be more religious. They don't have anything else to relie on...but it doesn't make their faith or superstition more accurate or plausible. Its just mental coping mechanism. 
I won't say i'm "opening eyes" but I will say that i'm presenting viewpoints many haven't considered. 

Whether or not that changes their minds is up to them. 

Back
Top Bottom