Single most ignorant post on NT

Originally Posted by VegasOner

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

ebayologist wrote:
If it was the 1600's I could afford to buy you. Fall back.

Being Gay is a Choice, Being a Race or having a defect isnt...
Are you gay? Because I don't see how you would know if you weren't....

Far from it,....So im assuming you are?

Homosexuality is some thing u choose to be, so along with making that decision u are taking on the on the burdons that go along with it. Being a race is something u have no control over, your born that way and theres nothing you can do about it, Being gay is something that YOU made a decision to be not anyone else, its not a sickness or a mental disease...It a Decision

Did you choose to be straight? then what makes you think they chose to be gay? are you gay?

laugh.gif
nvm, son actually said he chose to be straight. At what point in yourlife were you given these options? did you try the other side?

hey Anton

I know you may feel emotionally driven on this topic but tbqh I think it's safe to say Ive seen far worse on here and other places on a daily basis

since homosexuality seems to be the topic of the day check out BadNFluenz' post in the "Slavery Apology" thread where he introduces his"Michael Jackson Theory" and objectively compare (not that it should be a contest or we should be trying to weigh other people'smistakes......)

here:
Stop usin the whole "gays can hide who they are" WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO HIDE WHO WE ARE. U want to use that defense. I'll use the Michael Jackson theory. Blacks can hide who they are simply by bleaching their skin to become white. After all it worked for Michael Jackson! He doesn't look one bit black, his hair even looks like a white persons. Hell he looks pretty damn white to me right next to Casper the friendly Ghost.
People make mistakes and say things we don't agree with all the time. I know the topic may be a sensitive one and you may have taken offense(not sure whether any was even really intended there) but imo I dont think it's necessary to make a whole new thread. We might all do that when someonesays something we take offense to and the board would be full of topics like this. I think you could have easily just responded to him in the thread itself. Consider keeping the emotions out of it too, it'll usually serve you and your case better no matter the topic. imo

WHOA IT IS GETTING CORNY IN HERE!

GAY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN AROUND SINCE BIBLICAL TIME. EVEN THOUGH MALE WAS CREATED FOR FEMALE AND VISE VERSA, I BELIEVE THATHUMANS MAKE THE CHOICE TO BE GAY, ARE BORN GAY, AND ITS CIRCUMSTANTIAL I.E. (GETTING RAPED OR GROWING UP IN A HOUSE FULL OF WOMEN OR TOO MANY GUYS)

SO MY TAKE ON IT IS IT USUALLY ISN'T THEIR FAULT FOR CHOOSING THE LIFE STYLE, BUT YES IT ISN'T NATURAL AND IDONT LIKE/UNDERSTAND IT. BUT TO EACH HIS OWN. NOW DEAD THIS TOPIC. LIVE AND LET LIVE.

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey
To be honest, I don't think the post was that ignorant. I have a lot of homosexual friends, I'm all for homosexual rights, gay-marriage, etc...but to say homosexuality is normal? I don't think it is. HOWEVER, is that an insult? No. Is that condescending to homosexuals? It shouldn't be. All animals are built so that they can reproduce and continue the species. Some are asexual, some have a specific organ (i.e. male and female sex organs) that have to be used with a corresponding one in order to reproduce. However, that is the scientific build of all species. That's normal. Now, homosexuals are attracted to the same sex (in my opinion, they are born this way). Obviously, they are going against the 'norm'. Is that a problem? No. Should they be ostracized? No. Its just how it is. Its the same way that child in India was born with like 5 arms and legs. Is that normal? No. Did it happen naturally? Yes. So variations from the 'norm' happen all the time, naturally, in life. I don't think the OP was trying to be condescending and as I explained it, I don't think it is...

this basically sums up my opinion of homosexuality. if it's not a choice (which people claim it's not) then it is definitely a genetic/natural defect.men and women were made specifically for a reason and homosexuality goes entirely against nature (although if you really think about it so does monogamy,species generally try to advance their species as much as possible).

if you want to debate the social aspects of homosexuality you can. but the biological/genetic or whatever it is, is summed up as TrueBlack88 said.

OK...

1) Do you disagree with what I wrote in my paragraph? Because I believe he was trying to say what I did...but didn't say it as clearly. If that is the case, I don't understand what is offensive about it;

2) He said he believes SOME are faking it. He didn't say everybody. And personally, I agree. Some people are confused or are acting out for attention, i.e. some of the more flamboyant, look-at-me-type people who like to constantly announce to the world that they are 'gay'. I have witnessed some of these people. Unfortunately, they give a bad name for all the regular, everyday people who happen to be homosexual...

3) His last paragraph, eh. Seems like he has an issue with flamboyant homosexuals. I personally don't care and it doesn't affect me but if someone has an issue with flamboyant people who throw their sexuality in peoples faces at every turn, that doesn't, to me, mean that person is making a statement about homosexuality in general...

Like I said, maybe the post in question wasn't as eloquent as it could have been but there have been many, many, MANY more anti-gay, hateful, gay-bashing post on NT. I don't really see why you took time to single this guy out...
Hmm.....I doubt he just wasnt eloquent enough to word what he said differently but it's a possibility. His wording was very offensive. And who cares about flambouyant homosexuals. You wouldn't care unless you had an issue with gay people. About people being gay as a way to act out...I like to believe there are easier ways of acting out than taking it up the poop shoot from another man. Anyhow thanks for the input.

I do agree partly with what you said tho....I don't wanna go into an argument about what's normal and what isn't. Also check the other thread for what I believe about homosexuality from a biological perspective. I don't feel like going into that here. Either way it seems we both agree it is natural and they're born that way. Except the pseudogays that are "Acting out"
grin.gif

Well, as stated, I personally don't have an issue with flamboyant homosexuals because I'm just a very liberal person in general. However, I canunderstand if someone has an issue with ANY type of flamboyant behavior, be it homosexual or straight. For example, a guy and a girl blatantly making out andgroping each other in public...to me, I could care less and I'll keep going about my business. For other people, it might disturb them. Same thing with aflamboyant homosexual who INTERJECTS their sexuality when its not a topic of discussion or even consideration. If someone has a problem with that, thats notakin to having a problem with homosexuality in general...

I'm not a fan of flambouyant homosexuals, and i don't consider myself a homophobe. Its just a personality type that irks me, like guidos.

This "choose" argument is never-ending. Gay people will never understand what straight people feel and vice versa. There's no use in arguing,because some people will just never understand that, and continue to condemn those that they don't understand anything about.

Back
Top Bottom