Sixers considering breaking ties with A.I.

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 15 minutes ago

Allen Iverson(notes) will not be with the Philadelphia 76ers on their current West Coast road trip, and there’s a strong movement within the organization to permanently break ties with him, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Iverson is with his family to deal with medical issues concerning his daughter, but his constant in-and-out of the lineup this season has led team officials to believe a permanent break is best for the organization. Sources said Iverson went to team officials over the weekend and said he needed to leave the team again.

Sources say Sixers coach Eddie Jordan addressed the players on Sunday, and told them there’s a chance Iverson may not return to the team. However, Sixers ownership, general manager Ed Stefanski and Jordan haven’t sat down and formally come to that decision, but sources with knowledge of the Sixers plans believe the franchise is leaning in that direction.

Iverson missed five games to be with his daughter from Feb. 3-10. He also didn’t attend the All-Star Game after being voted as a starter for the Eastern Conference. He returned to the Sixers after the break and had played in the team’s past three games, including a 122-90 loss in Chicago.

The Sixers begin their four-game West Coast trip on Tuesday against the Golden State Warriors.

Mannn...

If this is true, this has to be the end of dudes career (unfortunately). No team would want him after the past year.

I was rooting for him to pull through with the sixers though. Dude was back to a place he called home, I thought it just might work out.

Hey man...it is what it is.

Sad to see it end this way but if that man daughter is seriously ill then it's best for both parties.

His return to Phila had it's ups and downs.

tired.gif
I just hope that his daughter gets well soon. Must be a hard time for him and his family.

Hopefully they keep him until the end of the season at least.

On a separate note, I have zero clue to why the 76ers hired Eddie Jordan in the first place.

OK...I see ya'll are "those" type of people. Not even going to get into it. The man brought some type of excitement back to the franchise. For a split second...people in Phila and out of it paid some attention to the Sixers again. They did manage to win some guys that AI was crucial. You guys can go ahead and go on your rant about how much of a cancer he was and blah blah blah. Cool.

If she is so very sick, I'd hope that Iverson would end his ties with the Sixers. People will talk about these ups and downs as if leaving to be with his daughter has been a distraction for the team...and it probably has been. If his daughter's condition is as dire as it seems, he should hang it up for the time being. Honestly, it'd be one of the most mature things he has ever done.

frown.gif
 i was supposed to see him tomorrow @ the game.
hope his daughter gets better tho

It's best for his family and him. Family first.

Best of luck to AI and prayers to his daughter that she gets well.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

What's his daughter's illness?
i was wondering as well.

I wish her and the Iverson family the best. Sixers should not cut him at all. let him go in and out of the team as need be, especially if its do to family issues.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

OK...I see ya'll are "those" type of people. Not even going to get into it. The man brought some type of excitement back to the franchise. For a split second...people in Phila and out of it paid some attention to the Sixers again. They did manage to win some guys that AI was crucial. You guys can go ahead and go on your rant about how much of a cancer he was and blah blah blah. Cool.
Those people?

Iverson is my all time favorite player, but bringing him back was strictly a money grabbing move by the front office.  His presence has done nothing to help this team, and if anything it has hurt it by taking time away from Holiday.

And yeah, I was excited about his return.  That's me looking up taking the picture during Iverson's first game back against the Nuggets in December.

2j469s7.jpg

dgjnuq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom