Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

[h2]http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...80806/miami_speaks_with_livingston_and_pargo/[/h2]
[h2]Miami Speaks With Livingston And Pargo[/h2]
Aug 06, 2008 6:36 PM EST

mia_40.gif
With the list of free agent point guards growing smaller by the day, the Heat have spoken with the agents for both Shaun Livingston and Jannero Pargo, according to The Miami Herald.

No offers were made, and the team remains in contact with Jason Williams as a fallback option.

I think either of them two are better than signing marbury. I dont know Livingstons progress, but if we can get him for a good deal it could beworth the risk.

Our backcourt is officially solidified
smokin.gif

PG - Diddy/White Choc/J-Hart
SG - Mobley/Gordon/Ross*
SF - Thornton/R.Davis/M.Williams
PF - Camby/Skinner/TT
C - Kaman/D.Jordan/P.Davis*

* players still not signed

See you purple and gold ppl on Wednesday, Oct. 29th
wink.gif

J-Will to the Clippers, couldn't believe it when I read it.

Sad to see one of my favourites in the L reduced to taking a back-up spot, but I'm sure he'll still be plenty of fun to watch.

I guess I'll be using the Clips in NBA 2K9.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

smokin.gif

SG - Mobley/Gordon/Ross*
PF - Camby/Skinner/TT

wink.gif

You guys have a solid team. You guys did well scrambling for players when Elton left unexpectedly.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

smokin.gif

SG - Mobley/Gordon/Ross*
PF - Camby/Skinner/TT

wink.gif

You guys have a solid team. You guys did well scrambling for players when Elton left unexpectedly.

word

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

smokin.gif

SG - Mobley/Gordon/Ross*
PF - Camby/Skinner/TT

wink.gif

Originally Posted by miamin2

[h2]http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...80806/miami_speaks_with_livingston_and_pargo/[/h2]
[h2]Miami Speaks With Livingston And Pargo[/h2]
Aug 06, 2008 6:36 PM EST

mia_40.gif
With the list of free agent point guards growing smaller by the day, the Heat have spoken with the agents for both Shaun Livingston and Jannero Pargo, according to The Miami Herald.

No offers were made, and the team remains in contact with Jason Williams as a fallback option.
I think either of them two are better than signing marbury. I dont know Livingstons progress, but if we can get him for a good deal it could be worth the risk.

what's with the transactions between the heat and clippers. I know Livingston was released, but starting with the interest in Brand a couple years back,then with Smush coming to the Clippers last year, then Davis and Williams this year. I know it will be impossible to land the much desired Quinn, but areClipper fans allowed to dream?

With J Will and the other moves they made during the off season I really like what the Clips are doing.

First Bobby Jones and then Diawara

I don't know why they signing all these forwards either

We need a damn Center and maybe a PG

Get it together Riley

Francisco Elson will have a chance to move into the backup center role behind Andrew Bogut, pending a deal between the Milwaukee Bucks and the 7-foot native of the Netherlands. Sources said the Bucks were considering a potential two-year contract with Elson, who split time last season with the San Antonio Spurs and Seattle SuperSonics. Calvin Andrews, Elson's agent, told a Denver media outlet Thursday that an oral agreement was in place with the Bucks. Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

The Lakers and point guard Sun Yue have agreed to terms on a two-season contract, the team confirmed Thursday. The Lakers hope to sign Sun formally within the next few days, team spokesman John Black said. "Hopefully, it will get done soon," Black said. Sun, known as the Chinese Magic Johnson because of his eye-catching playmaking ability, will face his future teammate Kobe Bryant when China plays the United States on Sunday in the Olympic Games opener in Beijing. LA Daily News

The Lakers have yet to re-sign free agent guard Coby Karl. They also haven't signed Joe Crawford, a guard from Kentucky who was their lone draft pick in June. Last week they did sign guard Dwayne Mitchell, a free agent from Louisiana-Lafayette. LA Daily News

About going overseas for insane money: "I'd go. I'd probably go," said Kobe Bryant, during a USA Basketball press conference on Friday morning. "Like Milan or something like that, where I grew up or something like that… Peace out." Bryant continued: "Do you know any reasonable person that would turn down 50 (million dollars)?" Bryant spent a large part of his childhood growing up in Italy while his father, Joe, played professional basketball there and speaks fluent Italian. In 1999, the 10-time NBA All-Star also acquired a 50 percent ownership of the Olimpia Milano of the Italian Professional Basketball League. Boston Globe

ESPN.com reported that a person close to James said Tuesday that the Cavaliers' superstar would strongly consider playing overseas if he was offered a salary of "around $50 million a year." ESPN also reported that Russia CSKA Moscow and Greece Olympiacos have already contacted James, but nothing has been discussed monetarily. Considering the Euro versus the American dollar and that European teams have no salary cap, a contract paying $50 million American wouldn't be out the realm of possibility. Boston Globe

On going overseas: "If someone wants to throw $50 million on the table for me," Carmelo Anthony said, chuckling, "we can talk." Dallas Morning News

"The summer of 2009 is going to be really big," Bosh said. "We're going to see how other teams react. Mainly, it's Olympiakos and Moscow now, but we'll see what other (European) teams are going to do, how they're going to retaliate. And we'll see if those guys who signed want to come back to the United States. It's going to be interesting." Arizona Republic

"You can't turn down $40 million (a year), I don't care who you are," Bryant said. "If someone turns down 40, I'm beating them up." James wouldn't rule it out, either, which will come as wonderful news to Cleveland fans already freaked out that their franchise player will leave for New York when he's free in 2010. Arizona Republic

Little development on the Jannero Pargo front so far today, but we do have a little grist for the rumor mill. Word around the league campfire is that the Spurs are one of three teams believed to have offered Pargo a deal that would start at $2 million next season. The identities of the other teams in the Pargo sweepstakes remain unclear, though it is presumed the Denver Nuggets might be one of them. San Antonio Express-News

The Clippers acquired still another player during their busy offseason, signing free-agent point guard Jason Williams. The 32-year-old Williams averaged 8.8 points, 4.6 assists, 1.9 rebounds and 28 minutes in 67 appearances last season with the Miami Heat. "We are excited to add Jason to our squad," Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said in a statement. "He brings added veteran leadership and playoff experience to our backcourt." LA Daily News

By signing Williams, the Clippers basically eliminated themselves from re-signing point guard Shaun Livingston, who still has not been cleared for basketball as he recovers from a knee injury suffered in February 2007. Livingston, who did not receive a qualifying offer from the Clippers after the season, recently turned down a reported one-year guaranteed deal from the team. LA Times

With the drafting of Mario Chalmers and with an ongoing search for a veteran at the position, the Heat had made it clear that it was moving away from Williams, who started 53 games last season. With the departure of Williams, it leaves only guard Dwyane Wade and forward Udonis Haslem under contract from the Heat team that won the 2006 NBA championship. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

With Williams gone, it could open the door for a return by restricted free agent Chris Quinn, who finished last season as the Heat's starting point guard. Williams will back up Baron Davis with the Clippers, who also recently acquired journeyman point guard Jason Hart. Those moves mean Los Angeles almost assuredly will now allow Shaun Livingston to depart as a free agent. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The Heat addressed its need for a perimeter defender by signing free agent Yakhouba Diawara, a 6-7 swingman who has spent his two NBA seasons with Denver. But Miami still has a pressing need at point guard, where bringing back free agent veteran Jason Williams is no longer an option after he signed with the Los Angeles Clippers. Miami Herald

The current list of 15 players under contract does not include guard Chris Quinn or forwards Dorell Wright and Kasib Powell, free agents who have been extended qualifying offers from the Heat and hold the right to accept at any time. In addition to those three, free-agent center Alonzo Mourning has spoken of rejoining the Heat as he continues his rehabilitation from last season's knee surgery, which essentially has 19 players under the Heat's radar seven weeks before the start of training camp. Diawara, who is entering his third NBA season, appeared in 54 games last season, including 14 starts, averaging 2.8 points and 1.1 rebounds in 10.0 minutes per game. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Some continue to insist trading Udonis Haslem for a starting center or point guard would be wise. But Haslem's loss probably would be more significant than the small gain the Heat would get by simply obtaining a starter. And, no, there are still no significant trade rumors involving Miami (yes, it's looking more and more like Shawn Marion will report to training camp with the Heat, as Riley has insisted) so get ready for a what-you-see-is-what-you-get season for now. Palm Beach Post

"Carmelo still has work to do in terms of getting ready," said Colangelo, whose team opens the Olympics on Sunday against China. "He came up with a little cramp because of conditioning (in Thursday's practice). . . . We need a lot out of Carmelo. "He has to play at the same intensity (of the past two summers). He has to get up and down the court. He has to knock down his shots. Right now, he's not shooting well and he's not in the best of shape yet." Rocky Mountain News

Anthony said he didn't get a cramp Thursday. He just banged his knee. "My conditioning is good," Anthony said. "It's not a problem." Few expect Anthony to have the problems he did in Athens in 2004, when he barely played and was said to not be a team player by coach Larry Brown. The Americans won the bronze medal. Rocky Mountain News

What if the Americans again fall short of gold? "I'll ship my clothes somewhere else," Anthony said. "I'm not trying to come back to the States." The "Redeem Team" arrived Wednesday in Beijing. While Anthony said "it kind of hurt inside" that players were booed even walking around Athens, he said "anywhere we go" in China, "we get the warmest welcome." Rocky Mountain News

Kobe Bryant, one of the world's best-known athletes, joked Friday that he will flee his country if the United States fail to win Olympic basketball gold. "People ask me and I joke around a lot, but if we want to remain U.S. citizens we got to win gold," the Los Angeles Lakers guard told Reuters on Friday. "I'll be an Italian. You'll be calling me Kobe Giovani, you know what I mean?!"(Corny as hell and I am a kobe fan) Reuters

On Rudy Fernandez: "He is supposed to be a key for us next season,'' Roy said. "I definitely want to see what he can do. I might have seen one highlight on him ... he could walk past me and I wouldn't know who he was. But I want to watch him and get familiar, just to see what he does, what his weaknesses are, and where he can help our team.'' Oregonian

"Kobe's funny," Pau Gasol told a group of reporters in China. "He's always talking, making those kinds of statements. "I hope we meet in the gold medal game - then we'll see." The United States, which opens against China, and Spain, which plays Greece in its first game, are in Group B. Orange County Register

"No, not really," Bryant said when asked if he had anything to say about Darfur. "Basic human rights should always be protected," James said before adding, "One thing you can't do is confuse sports and politics." "I think the political guys are going to do what they need to do, that's their job," he added. "We are here to concentrate on a gold medal. Sports and politics just don't match." Yahoo

James previously promised on ESPN that his decision would not be affected by any possible pressure from his two main employers - the NBA and Nike - both of whom see China as fertile ground for business. "People should understand that human rights and people's lives are in jeopardy," James said in May. "We're not talking about contracts here. We're not talking about money." Yahoo

Bryant echoed the sentiment and claimed that this may not be the best time. "Nothing's changed. It's just time to play basketball," he said. "I'm not a government official or politician. I'll let them do that." You weren't a politician before and you spoke out, he was reminded. Yahoo

Others see a potential U.S. weakness on the front line, where Dwight Howard is the only true center. Should he suffer foul trouble or an injury, the United States will have to go small by promoting a power forward like Chris Bosh, who at 230 pounds won't be as physical as some of the big men the Americans will face in Beijing, or Carlos Boozer, who at 6-9 will be undersized. One NBA team executive who asked not to be named worries that the lack of size up front will hurt the team defensively. SI.com

"If Howard is out, how are they going to be able to deal with somebody like Baby Shaq?'' the executive said in reference to highly skilled Greek center Sofoklis Schortsianitis, a 2003 second-round pick of the Clippers who reportedly weighs close to 350 pounds after spending three months this season at a weight-loss clinic in Switzerland. SI.com

Hornets forward Rasual Butler can avoid prosecution for felony weapons charges in Dade County if he successfully completes four pre-trial conditions arranged by his attorneys and the district attorney's office in Miami. Butler was arrested June 23 by Miami Beach police for carrying a concealed weapon without a permit. New Orleans Times-Picayune

Rasual Butler must donate $500, which is equal to the charge's appropriate fine, to the "Do the Right Thing" program for kids in the Miami community, perform 50 hours of community service in Dade County, take and complete an appropriate weapons education program in which he will be taught the safe and appropriate handling of a firearm, and renews his personal firearm license, which had lapsed. New Orleans Times-Picayune

[h2]Grizzlies Sign Josh Smith To OfferSheet[/h2]
Smith_Josh_atl_080428.jpg

Aug 08, 2008 10:48 AM EST

mem_40.gif
The Memphis Grizzlies have signedrestricted Atlanta free agent Josh Smith to a $58 million offer sheet, the Memphis Commercial-Appeal is reporting.

The Hawks now have seven days to match or let Smith walk, but have said in the past they'll match any offer the high flyer may get from rival teams.

Should the Griz land Smith he is expected to play power forward alongside Rudy Gay at small forward, O.J. Mayo at shooting guard and Mike Conley at pointguard.

Via MemphisCommercial Appeal

Memphis Grizzlies, AtlantaHawks

Read the FullStory Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Lakers Sign Point Guard Sun Yue[/h2]
Aug 08, 2008 10:07 AM EST

lal_40.gif
The Lakers and point guard Sun Yuehave agreed to terms on a two-year deal, according to The Los Angeles Daily News.

The team hopes to officially sign Yue within the next few days.

Yue is known as the Chinese version of Magic Johnson because of his playmaking abilities, and will face new teammate Kobe Bryant when China plays the UnitedStates on Sunday.

Via The LosAngeles Daily News

Los Angeles Lakers

[h2]Jason Smith Tears ACL In Left Knee[/h2]
Aug 08, 2008 11:19 AM EST

phi_40.gif
Philadelphia 76ers President andGeneral Manager Ed Stefanski announced today that center Jason Smith suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his left knee during normal basketballactivity on Wednesday.

Smith was examined by team Physician Dr. Jack McPhilemy on Thursday evening and will receive a second opinion from Dr. Dave Altchek in the coming weeks.

No timetable has been set for his return. Additional updates will be provided when they become available.

Via PressRelease

Philadelphia 76ers

[h2]Livingston Recently TurnedDown Guaranteed Deal From Clips[/h2]
Aug 08, 2008 11:04 AM EST

lac_40.gif
Shaun Livingston, who did not receivea qualifying offer from the Clippers after the season, recently turned down a reported one-year guaranteed deal from the team.

"At this point and time, we had to move on," Baylor said about re-signing Livingston. "Shaun is not ready to make a commitment."

Via LosAngeles Times

Los Angeles Clippers

[h2]Kobe Would Take Super Deal In Italy?[/h2]
Aug 08, 2008 11:03 AM EST

lal_40.gif
Kobe Bryant was asked on Friday if hewould consider a super-lucrative deal from a team in Italy when he becomes a free agent next summer.

"I'd go. I'd probably go," said Bryant, during a USA Basketball press conference on Friday morning. "Like Milan or something likethat, where I grew up or something like that… Peace out."

Via BostonGlobe

Los Angeles Lakers

[h2]Grizzlies Like Iranian Center HamedEhadadi[/h2]
Aug 08, 2008 10:51 AM EST

mem_40.gif
The Memphis Grizzlies are hoping tobe able to sign Iranian center Hamed Ehadadi next week, according to the Memphis Commercial Appeal.

Ehadadi, who is 23 years old and 7-2, last played for Saba Battery of the Iran Super League. He'll also play for the Iran national team in theOlympics.

Ehadadi recently collected 19 points and 16 rebounds in summer league action at Utah.

Via MemphisCommercial Appeal

Memphis Grizzlies

[h2]Kobe: Nothing Less Than Gold Will Do[/h2]
Aug 08, 2008 10:12 AM EST

lal_40.gif
Kobe Bryant made it very clear onFriday that the U.S. basketball team will only be satisfied with taking home the gold medal in Beijing this month, according to The Bangkok Post.

"We're here to win gold and it's serious business," said Bryant.

"We just have to continue to get better, that's the key for us. Every single game that's our message, every single day the team tries toprogress to be a better basketball team."

The United States has not won a major international basketball title since the 2000 Olympics in Sydney.

Via TheBangkok Post

Los Angeles Lakers

[h2]LeBron: Now I Understand WhatIt Means To Be An Olympian[/h2]
Aug 08, 2008 10:03 AM EST

cle_40.gif
After a disappointing showing in the2004 Olympics, LeBron James claims that he understands the concept of the Redeem Team and what it means to play for his country, according to The Olympian.

"I guess the Redeem Team is right. We didn't do so well in 2004," James said. "We look for the opportunity to rekindling that flame andbeing the best in the world."

James is one of only five players on the roster with Olympic experience.

"I think our attitude is much better," James said. "We have more experienced guys and we have guys who understand and know what it takes tobe an Olympian and part of Team USA. I don't think we understood what it meant to put on a USA uniform and all the people that we were representing in2004. We definitely know that now."

Via TheOlympian

Cleveland Cavaliers

[h2]Bucks Have Verbal Agreement WithFrancisco Elson[/h2]
Aug 08, 2008 12:27 AM EST

mil_40.gif
The Milwaukee Bucks and centerFrancisco Elson have a verbal agreement on a two-year contract, Elson's agent has told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

Agent Calvin Andrews said the deal could be completed within 24 hours.

Via MilwaukeeJournal-Sentinel

Milwaukee Bucks

[h2]Clippers Sign Jason Williams[/h2]
Aug 07, 2008 7:58 PM EST

lac_40.gif
The Los Angeles Clippers today signedfree agent guard Jason Williams, according to Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not announced. Aveteran of 10 NBA seasons, Williams joins the Clippers after playing the last three years for Miami, where he helped the Heat to the 2006 NBA Championship.Williams, 32, has played in 679 career regular season games and averaged 11.4 points, 6.3 assists and 2.4 rebounds for a total of three teams. Thesix-foot-one, 180 pound point guard has also started and played in 53 career playoff contests, averaging 9.8 points, 3.7 assists, 2.2 rebounds and 0.9 steals."Jason is an experienced and proven player," Baylor said. "He is a terrific ball handler with great passing ability and court vision."

Via PressRelease

Los Angeles Clippers

[h2]Miami Signs Diawara[/h2]
Aug 07, 2008 5:55 PM EST

mia_40.gif
The Miami Heat announced today thatthey have signed free agent guard/forward Yakhouba Diawara. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. Diawara spent the previous two seasonsplaying for the Denver Nuggets. During the 2007-08 season, he played in 54 games (14 starts), averaging 2.8 points and 1.1 rebounds in 10.0 minutes per gamewhile shooting 41.0 percent from the field. In his first season in the NBA, he played in 64 games (19 starts) and averaged 4.4 points and 1.7 rebounds in 18.4minutes per game.

Via PressRelease

Miami Heat

Back
Top Bottom