Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

[h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...gasol_cant_wait_to_start_camp_with_grizzlies/[/h2]
[h2]Marc Gasol Can't Wait To Start Camp With Grizzlies[/h2]
Aug 25, 2008 9:11 PM EST

mem_40.gif
Marc Gasol had an impressive Olympic tournament and is looking forward to joining the Grizzlies.

"I'm going to relax for a little bit, and then I'll be in Memphis," said Gasol following Spain's loss to the United States. "I can't wait to get started."

"It feels good to have accomplished what we accomplished," he said, "but we were so close to winning the gold."

Via Commercial Appeal

Memphis Grizzlies

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

http://www.realgm.com/realgmtix.phtml?t=grizzlies

This guy thinks the NBA is going to be easy
laugh.gif

[h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...ns_deal_strawberry_to_houston_for_singletary/[/h2]
[h2]Suns Deal Strawberry To Houston For Singletary[/h2]
Singletary_Sean_ncaa_070321.jpg

Aug 25, 2008 6:31 PM EST

phx_40.gif
The Phoenix Suns have acquired Sean Singletary from the Houston Rockets in exchange for D.J. Strawberry, according to NBA.com.

"Sean gives us depth at the point guard spot," said Suns' President of Basketball Operations and General Manager Steve Kerr. "We like his instincts and his ability to run a team. He also puts a lot of pressure on the ball defensively. We thank D.J. for his contributions and wish him well."

In Singletary, the Suns acquire a dynamic 6-0, 185-point rookie guard, who was the 42nd overall selection (second round) of the Sacramento Kings in the 2008 NBA Draft.

Via NBA.com

Joka
nerd.gif

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap/#

Good to hear that Shaq and his wife worked it out.
smokin.gif

Baron ain't playin in no 12 olympics.
grin.gif
Dude stays hurt just playinthe regular season, he gonna add 4 more, then try to play thru a summer too? Nah.

Originally Posted by HardWork919

Originally Posted by tupac003

http://www.realgm.com/realgmtix.phtml?t=magic

[h2]Brown Blames 9/11 And Injuries For Bronze In 2004[/h2]
Aug 25, 2008 11:20 AM EST

nba_40.gif
Larry Brown was the head coach of Team USA during their Bronze medal performance in the 2004 Olympics in Athens.

"The thing is they got guys that are willing to make a three-year commitment, which I think is tremendous," Brown said of this current Team USA. "We had guys that committed (for 2004) and then all of a sudden 9/11 happened, and then there were injuries."

Kobe Bryant, Jason Kidd, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen all made late withdraws for various reasons.

Via New York Daily News

General Basketball, Charlotte Bobcats

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
What? 9/11 was in 2001, homie...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I feel for you. He's talking about having guys comitted in 2001 and then when 9/11 occurred a lot of guys pulled out because they were afraid.Which did happen.

[h2]Marc Gasol Can't Wait To Start Camp With Grizzlies[/h2]
Aug 25, 2008 9:11 PM EST

mem_40.gif
Marc Gasol had an impressive Olympic tournament and is looking forward to joining the Grizzlies.

"I'm going to relax for a little bit, and then I'll be in Memphis," said Gasol following Spain's loss to the United States. "I can't wait to get started."

"It feels good to have accomplished what we accomplished," he said, "but we were so close to winning the gold."

Via Commercial Appeal

If only you had the better team, Marc.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by HardWork919

Originally Posted by tupac003

http://www.realgm.com/realgmtix.phtml?t=magic

[h2]Brown Blames 9/11 And Injuries For Bronze In 2004[/h2]
Aug 25, 2008 11:20 AM EST

nba_40.gif
Larry Brown was the head coach of Team USA during their Bronze medal performance in the 2004 Olympics in Athens.

"The thing is they got guys that are willing to make a three-year commitment, which I think is tremendous," Brown said of this current Team USA. "We had guys that committed (for 2004) and then all of a sudden 9/11 happened, and then there were injuries."

Kobe Bryant, Jason Kidd, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen all made late withdraws for various reasons.

Via New York Daily News

General Basketball, Charlotte Bobcats

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
What? 9/11 was in 2001, homie...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I feel for you. He's talking about having guys comitted in 2001 and then when 9/11 occurred a lot of guys pulled out because they were afraid. Which did happen.
What a dumb $*%...check out the 2003 FIBA Americas Olympic Qualifying roster......in 2003, 2 years after 9/11 in case Larry Brown cant figure thatout
[table][tr][td]NAME[/td] [td]POS[/td] [td]HGT[/td] [td]
WGT
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]AFFILIATION/SCHOOL[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ray Allen[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]
6-5
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Seattle SuperSonics / Connecticut '96[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mike Bibby[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]
6-1
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Sacramento Kings / Arizona '98[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Elton Brand[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]
6-8
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Los Angeles Clippers / Duke '99[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Vince Carter[/td] [td]G/F[/td] [td]
6-6
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Toronto Raptors / North Carolina '98[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nick Collison[/td] [td]F/C[/td] [td]
6-9
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Seattle SuperSonics/Kansas '03[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tim Duncan[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]
6-11
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]San Antonio Spurs/ Wake Forest '97[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Allen Iverson[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]
6-0
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Philadelphia 76ers / Georgetown '96[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Richard Jefferson[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]
6-7
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]New Jersey Nets / arizona '01[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jason Kidd[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]
6- 4
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]New Jersey Nets / California '94[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kenyon Martin[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]
6-9
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]New Jersey Nets / Cincinnati '00[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tracy McGrady[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]
6-8
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Orlando magic / Mount zion Christian Academy '97[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jermaine O'Neal[/td] [td]F/C[/td] [td]
6-11
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Indiana Pacers / Eau Claire H.S. '97[/td] [/tr][/table]

^
You do know that some of the players did not go because of what Brown said right? I remember McGrady definitely saying he wasn't going because of that.

^i do remember Bibby and Ray Allen among others saying it, but i dont get why they would go through the Qualifying tournament only to have a change of heart ayear later.

^ Because immediately before the Olympics, Garnett heard that the boat they were staying on was going to be bombed. Bibby and Ray Allen were already leery ofgoing, so that was enough to keep them from going. Once word got around that Garnett, Allen, and Bibby were staying home, others followed suit, beginning withT-Mac.

I think Kidd was having the court deal from hitting his wife, wasn't he?

And I think Vince got injured.

Duncan, Iverson, and Jefferson honored their commitment, but Larry Brown is absolutely right for saying that 9/11 played a hand, because terrorist threats werestill fresh in people's minds.

He's wrong in saying that was the problem, though. There were a number of prblems; none of them are 'the one problem.'

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^i do remember Bibby and Ray Allen among others saying it, but i dont get why they would go through the Qualifying tournament only to have a change of heart a year later.
Probably didn't like playing in Larry Brown's system.

I think that had to do with it being closer to home, and because the Olympics would be a much better & bigger target for the Terrorists.

Either way, I think LB had a case where some pulled out, but regardless, he still did a terrible coaching job and was at fault for including Okafor over Redd.

^^

at that point there was a lot of talk about somethign possibly happening at the 2004 athens games, i also remember people from his own detroit pistons turningdown being apart of the olympics for that same reason

The reason Ray, Tracy, Bibby, and Kevin didnt go was because Athens was lagging on security. There were major issues that Athens hadnt corrected as of thedecision time. The 2003 tourney was in Puerto Rico, and was of a much lower profile than the Olympic Games.

i think kid was injured or recovering from an injury

the reason they didnt win was cause defensively they were very poor

i like Ai and starbury but lets be real thats a rucker back court u would want, not one that u would rely on for defense

richard jefferson and lamar odom are liek teh same type a player more of a slasher type

and duncan who was double teamed alot

then it was the bench of wade melo, james who were getting little to no minutes, and the rest of players were non exsistant

I get what you're all saying, I still don't feel its fair for Brown to point fingers directly at 9/11
laugh.gif
unless of course he didn't mean for itto sound like that

Originally Posted by TheGreatPoohdini

[h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...ns_deal_strawberry_to_houston_for_singletary/[/h2]

phx_40.gif
The Phoenix Suns have acquired Sean Singletary from the Houston Rockets in exchange for D.J. Strawberry, according to NBA.com.

"Sean gives us depth at the point guard spot," said Suns' President of Basketball Operations and General Manager Steve Kerr. "We like his instincts and his ability to run a team. He also puts a lot of pressure on the ball defensively. We thank D.J. for his contributions and wish him well."

In Singletary, the Suns acquire a dynamic 6-0, 185-point rookie guard, who was the 42nd overall selection (second round) of the Sacramento Kings in the 2008 NBA Draft.

Via NBA.com
Joka
nerd.gif

next stop NBDL....

Originally Posted by acidicality

Baron's a nice PG, but with Deron and CP3 being on the team, sorry Baron but there isn't space for you.

Baron>Deron

ALL DAY!

Plus, he'll be only 33
smokin.gif

btw Ron Ron with his Rodman-esque jersey #
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dyyhard

phx_40.gif

Via NBA.com
Joka
nerd.gif

next stop NBDL....

sucks for D.J

Originally Posted by TannerVon

Originally Posted by dyyhard

phx_40.gif

Via NBA.com
Joka
nerd.gif

next stop NBDL....

sucks for D.J
laugh.gif
oh i guess you can include him too...I really thought theSuns liked him too even better than Alando Tucker, but i guess first rounder stays.

Back
Top Bottom