Slumdog Star's Home Is Demolished

eek.gif

laugh.gif

[h2]Slumdog Star's Home Is Demolished[/h2]
14 May 2009 5:05 AM, PDT
MV5BMTQ2MzcyNjYyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTc5MzI0Mg@@._V1._SY90_.jpg

One of the child stars of Oscar-winning movie SlumdogMillionaire is now homeless - after his residence in the slums of Mumbai, India was torn down by authorities.

Azharuddin Mohammed Ismail, 10, walked the red carpet inLos Angeles for the Academy Awards in February, but just three months later the youngster and his family have been left without a proper residence.

Ismail was reportedly asleep in his shanty town home on Thursday morning when a police officer woke him up and told him to leave. More than 30 homes in thearea were then demolished by Mumbai authorities.

The child star says, "A police officer took a bamboo stick to hit me and I was frightened."

While his mother, Shameem Ismail, adds, "They didn't give prior notice. We didn't even get a chance to take out our belongings. I don'tknow what I am going to do."

The youngster's family recently came under fire after the child's father, Ismail, was accused of beating his son in front of reporters. He wasforced to apologise following the incident.

Indian authorities tear down homes in crowded city slums on a regular basis, evicting residents who the government claim have no legal right to occupy theland they are living on.

The movie makes hundreds of millions, the older stars get paid tons of cash, and they can't build a home for the child stars?

How much does it cost to build a home in India?

Originally Posted by jumpman247

The movie makes hundreds of millions, the older stars get paid tons of cash, and they can't build a home for the child stars?

Just 50k American cash money dollars, could put these kids into a dream home in India, I'm sure the film makers have that in cash on any given day.

Originally Posted by jumpman247

exactly... no reason for this, this and the other girl's pops attempting to sell her have made me
smh.gif
@ the fact that they were forced to go back there.

thats a shame
being forced to leave your home w/o your personal belongings...
hopefully someone can help them out

Poor kid. This is really sad, who knows if he will even make it to adulthood. So his family might get a flat from the Slumdog people, what about the 1000s ofother kids? Once you get kicked out of the slums, where's left? Being indian myself, I can't help but think, a few twists of fate and somethingsimilar could've been my life.
frown.gif

Man this is my favorite movie, only movie i bought on bluray. It is sad that this film made 300 million, and this is what was said; "A Fox Searchlightspokesman responded that for their one-month work on the film, he was paid three times the amount of an average annual salary for an adult living in theirneighborhood." Their neighborhood probably makes no more than 100 dollars a month at best, so theyre saying they paid him 3000?

The government of India promised to give them a home, but in return they tear down the only home they've ever known.

Film makers set up a fund for there education, that's like 100 bucks a month into a fund.

SMH

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]There are hundreds if not thousands of kids in India going through the same thing(living on the streets). I don't see why this kid deserves special attention.[/color]

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]There's thousands of kids in India going through the same thing (living on the streets). I don't see why this kid deserves special attention.[/color]

Well kick me in the testicles and tell me I don't have any balls.

Back
Top Bottom