SMART Gilas Pilipinas Nat'l Team Program

Originally Posted by gijace

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

^He was one of the final cuts on the last US team.

yeah, and after Dwight, there's no more Legit big man for team USA. I hope he accepts it, with him, Douthit and Greg, the future is looking good for Gilas. woohooo. in MVP we trust!

You know Javale and Douthit cannot be on the same team, unless the tournament allows imports.

afaik, we can have them both on the team but they can't play on the same time (just like the case of imports on uaap and ncaa)

correct me if i'm wrong

Originally Posted by Gameover2

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

^He was one of the final cuts on the last US team.

yeah, and after Dwight, there's no more Legit big man for team USA. I hope he accepts it, with him, Douthit and Greg, the future is looking good for Gilas. woohooo. in MVP we trust!

You know Javale and Douthit cannot be on the same team, unless the tournament allows imports.

oh you're right, my bad. read that National Teams are allowed to suit 1 naturalized player only. 

Originally Posted by dynamitenter

afaik, we can have them both on the team but they can't play on the same time (just like the case of imports on uaap and ncaa)

correct me if i'm wrong

no, it doesn't work that way.

Honestly, I don't know about Toroman. He's a good coach overall but he seemed to be slow to adjust once a team changed it's game, and if you notice, teams we played twice adjusted to his plays the 2nd time around taking away what was working, and the Gilas couldn't find other ways to pull those 2nd games out.

I appreciate the way he got this team to gel and work its butt off, and he got them to the next plateau. But to move forward and upward, some more innovation and improvisation is needed IMHO.

^ absolutely spot on. He is a good pre-game strategist, but an awfully poor in-game coach.

Word has it that numerous Gilas players were not sold on him anymore.

^
wow. good observation. never really thought of that but you're absolutely right, we never
did beat the same team twice (the good teams)...

Word is Javale has accepted and the naturalization process will start soon. I still can't get confirmation yet.

Word is Javale has accepted and the naturalization process will start soon. I still can't get confirmation yet.

Thanks for the info...
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by CarlofromdaPI

Thanks for the info...
smokin.gif
I hope he suits up for TnT next conference.. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CarlofromdaPI

Thanks for the info...
smokin.gif
I hope he suits up for TnT next conference.. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Pray that the lockout continues until early next year. Javale to TNT and perhaps Douthit to Meralco.

^ No. The grass-roots program will still continue with the college players, while the PBA players will suit up for at least two FIBA-sanctioned tournaments this year.

One scenario is, the entire core of the TNT team plus Douthit (or best case Javale) and Paul Harris (as import) might play in one tourney by the 3rd conference. They've asked the PBA (thru Willie Marcial) if it's possible to not schedule any games with TNT while they're away for about 2 weeks. This might be easier to do since only one PBA team will have to adjust their conference schedule.

^ No. The grass-roots program will still continue with the college players, while the PBA players will suit up for at least two FIBA-sanctioned tournaments this year.

One scenario is, the entire core of the TNT team plus Douthit (or best case Javale) and Paul Harris (as import) might play in one tourney by the 3rd conference. They've asked the PBA (thru Willie Marcial) if it's possible to not schedule any games with TNT while they're away for about 2 weeks. This might be easier to do since only one PBA team will have to adjust their conference schedule.
Thanks for the info sir Gameover2 
smile.gif

Nike 2012 Team Pilipinas Jersey sample (courtesy of Icebox15)

Nike 2012 Smart-Gilas FIBA-Asia Cup jersey (courtesy of Raichu / Coach Chot)

Are these jersey's available at any Nike store?  Nike Park, Nike Stadium or Nike Forum?  Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom