SMFH Paypal

I sold a pair of shoes on Aug 31, 2011, and sent the shoes out the very next day, Sept 1, 2011.
I thought everything went alright, I look up the tracking
EO88 6694 309U S
Your item was delivered at 9:43 am on September 03, 2011 in DELTONA, FL 32739. The item was signed for by R ZIDORE.
And then I get a message in my email a few weeks later later on Sept 23, 2011. And by this time, I've already forgotten about the transaction and moved on thinking everything worked out. It said..
Code:
The sender (of the payment) claims the item wasn't received.  The credit card company needsadditional information from you about this transaction.So paypal asks me to provide shipping confirmation, which I do. There's nothing else I can do, and just play the waiting game.I believe I have nothing to worry about, I have tracking, it was signed for, what else can be argued?And now today, I go to paypal and see
[table][tr][td] Sep 22, 2011[/td][td]The funds that were placed on temporary hold are now available for use[/td][td] Removed[/td][td] Details[/td][td]-$150.00 USD [/td][td]$0.00 USD [/td][td]-$150.00 USD [/td][/tr][tr][td] Oct 2, 2011[/td][td]Update to Reversal[/td][td] Canceled[/td][td] Details[/td][td]$150.00 USD [/td][td]$0.00 USD [/td][td]$150.00 USD [/td][/tr][tr][td] Oct 2, 2011[/td][td]Chargeback Settlement[/td][td] Completed[/td][td] ...[/td][td]-$150.00 USD [/td][td]-$20.00 USD [/td][td]-$170.00 USD [/td][/tr][/table]
Code:
There's a fee apparently?And not only that, I also see
[table][tr][td]Total amount:[/td][td]
[/td][td]$150.00 USD[/td][/tr][tr][td]Fee amount:[/td][td]
[/td][td]$0.00 USD[/td][/tr][tr][td]Net amount:[/td][td]
[/td][td]$150.00 USD[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]
[/td][td]This transaction can’t be refunded[/td][/tr][/table]
Code:
The funds that were placed on temporary hold are now available for use
[table][tr][th=""]Date[/th][th=""]Actor[/th][th=""]Action Details[/th][/tr][tr][td]Oct 2, 2011[/td][td]PayPal[/td][td]Funds recovered from seller[/td][/tr][tr][td]Oct 2, 2011[/td][td]PayPal[/td][td]Chargeback disputed[/td][/tr][tr][td]Oct 2, 2011[/td][td]PayPal[/td][td]Email sent to seller[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sep 23, 2011[/td][td]Seller[/td][td]Tracking information received[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sep 22, 2011[/td][td]PayPal[/td][td]Email sent to seller[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sep 22, 2011[/td][td]PayPal[/td][td]Email sent to buyer[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sep 22, 2011[/td][td]Buyer[/td][td]Chargeback initiated
[/td][/tr][/table]
Code:
The case sided with him in his favor  So I don't know what to do now, and I'm actually a bit confused on what is going on. Paypal released the payment to the guy, but is still trying to get my money back?And for that, they're charging me a $20 fee, for fighting my case?

And that's why I only stuck to money orders for the past 4 years of selling. I only signed up for PayPal last Friday... and even then, I only accept payments as gifts.

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

And that's why I only stuck to money orders for the past 4 years of selling. I only signed up for PayPal last Friday... and even then, I only accept payments as gifts.

i might have to start implementing this considering the fact that Paypal has zero care or regard towards protecting the seller

OP - do you mind filling us in on how the signature confirmation was disregarded?  i would assume thats the only/best way to guarantee that the buyer received the package, the fact that he signed for it...or am i missing something here

Oh, and
The credit card company evaluates the information presented by PayPal on the seller's behalf. This review can take up to 75 days and PayPal will notify the seller by email when the case is decided. Any funds PayPal is able to recover will be returned to the seller.
It says, any
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Thats why when i file a claim like that with in 30-45 min i call PayPal directly and tell em the situation and they always end up siding with me. I tell them how."this has happened before and how i've been a seller for 7+ years and how i have 1000+ feedback etc etc", and it seems like they look into it more when i do that and i've only lost when i don't do that now lol.

Was his address confirmed? Did he pay with multiple payments? If the answer to one of those questions is no, then you left yourself open

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

People don't understand that sellers can get scammed too.
30t6p3b.gif

it sucks,  if the payment is sent normal   a shady buyer could file a chargeback,    if the payment is sent as a gift   the buyer is giving up alot of protection.  it's one extreme or the other.   i know for me personally i only accept payments as a gift as a seller. my past history selling wise on here  speaks for itself in terms of people who've dealt with me being happy.  if a potential buyer doesn't want to send the payment as a gift  then no deal  and no hard feelings on my part but i feel it's necessary to protect myself as a seller.

logically, doesn't paypal see the tracking info and realize 3 weeks prior to the initiated chargeback, the person got his item? Why wait 3 weeks? I would be on the phone non stop trying to knock some sense into those guys.. You have this persons address. Do what you gotta do now.

damn O.P, i hope this doesn't affect our future transaction 
nerd.gif

But O.P, what I would I do call...At least you got the tracking info, so you should be able to provide that. Something similar to this happened to me. They took my money and put it on hold. I was like
eek.gif
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif
...so I spoke to a rep and i told them what happened and the guy was nice enough to reverse it back to me because I provided tracking.

logically, doesn't paypal see the tracking info and realize 3 weeks prior to the initiated chargeback, the person got his item? Why wait 3 weeks? I would be on the phone non stop trying to knock some sense into those guys.. You have this persons address. Do what you gotta do now.
nope, you have to call them.

dang bruh thats why you send an INVOICE always send and invoice stating no refunds and you are not responsible for the package once the postal system has it. Once i sell my kicks im closing my account down and deleting my bank account from paypal.

i hate paypal bruh, they ALWAYS side with the buyer and the credit card company, I provided ample amount of proof this guy hit me up and ask me to buy MY shoes pics and all. He still won the claim pisses me off badly.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
in fact i should put his address up here so we can troll his crib. In fact i'll BRB.3

Send 800 pizzas to this +@++!$! house his email is petermui94@hotmail.com
Peter Mui
3129 Wissman Avenue
Bronx, NY 10465.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
yes im mad scrawny %@%@$+ got the shoes from me and filed a chargeback claiming and unauthorized transaction bruh.

Paypal sucks.... I've been ripped off as a buyer more than as a seller though. Only way to be protected as a seller is gift payment. Never know what paypal will decide when it comes to a dispute.

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

paypal sucks..... i cant sell anything no more... i dont trust anyone..

For real. I have so many shoes I want to move and I just feel I am going to get scammed on each one. I really don't even remember selling shoes being so hard.

Go to your local authorities and file a mail fraud report. I did that for some kid who bought some $50 af1s and made a charge back. I ended up getting my money back.

Back
Top Bottom