SMH.. dropped my cell phone in a glass of Orange Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.
just started vibrating and shut off..

is it done? i liked that phone.. and all my numbers aren't saved to the sim..
tired.gif

happened to me before dropped my phone in coffee

open the phone up and dry it wait a couple hours and try to turn it on again

when I say open I mean to open it up and unscrew it to get inside the phone

Hope you had insurance, if not you should call asap and get insurance, then make a claim in about a week and get it replaced.
I dropped my treo in a bag of sierra mist, luckily all it did was turn off I was still able to beam my contacts when I got the replacement.

I dropped mine in the toilet once, so i dried it off and after a couple of days it started working normally.

I did the exact same thing and it kept working. But a day or two later I dropped it in a bowl of soup and that was the KO.

The problem with OJ is that it's sticky. With water you get lucky sometimes and it dries and leaves little residue, you're gonna be looking at big timeresidue. Let it dry completely and try it again.

***Warning*** The Following Advice May Damage What Little Functionality You Have Left On Your Phone!!! ***Warning***

Now when I worked at a cell phone place, we used to take the phones apart, all the way down to the board. That's EVERYTHING that wasn't soddered to themain board, and we would dip the entire board in alcohol. Then we would take a soft bristle toothbrush and scrub it up, i'd say it worked appx: 30% of thetime to restore functionality to a flaky or non working phone. If you're at the end of your rope...

Happen to me last month, except i dropped it in the toilet after droppin the kids off...
smh.gif

After sustaining the shock of reaching in and getting it, I took it completely apart...every screw in the phone, and dried it out with a heat gun at work.

Works A1. DS...lol

Treo 755p if it matters.

Originally Posted by WWSyndicate

[color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]I dropped my treo in a bag of sierra mist[/color], luckily all it did was turn off I was still able to beam my contacts when I got the replacement.

soda comes in bags now? or am i tripping?

I did the exact same thing and it kept working. But a day or two later I dropped it in a bowl of soup and that was the KO.

laugh.gif

Stay away from all liquids... please.

laugh.gif
how did it fall in the OJ in the first place? Hard for me to picture this. Were you holding your phone like right above the glass? "Oh I hope itdoesn't fall right into the glass as I use it...."

I've dropped my phone in water at least 3-4 times. Just take the battery out and let it dry and you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom